Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Slammer58

Eagles ‘Greatest Hits’ Now Top-Selling Album Ever!

6 comments in this topic

Members
250 posts

Some good news for that other Eagles group. :Smile_hiding:  :cap_haloween: One of my all-time favorite groups. :Smile_honoring:

The Eagles’ “Greatest Hits 1971-1975” album has surpassed Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” to become the No. 1-selling album of all time, the RIAA confirmed to TheWrap.

The Eagles album, which was released in 1976, is now 38x platinum — that’s five times more than “Thriller.” Why such a wide gap? The last time RIAA tallied sales for “Greatest Hits 1971-1975” was in 2006, when it came up with 29x platinum. Sales and streams for “Thriller” were last updated last year.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-eagles-greatest-hits-michael-jackson-thriller-record/

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles

The album was previously the top-selling album of the entire 20th century as well, and the only reason why Thriller ever surpassed it was because of MJ's death back in 2009.

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,702 battles

Impressive.  But don't forget that it took a greatest hits album to topple a single release album.  Even if not an MJ fan, it allows you to respect the epic status of Thriller on its own.

Beta Testers
1,249 posts
9,061 battles

You mean the epic talent of Quincy Jones :-)

I kinda feel the same way about the Eagles as the big Labowski....but...I love a lot of their solo work. Henley, Felder, Walsh....those guys cut some amazing albums on their own. 

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles
1 hour ago, Scotty_SE said:

I kinda feel the same way about the Eagles as the big Labowski

You are exactly the kind of human being I actively try to avoid.

Sign in to follow this