You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

ST 7.9: London port, RN arc, new currency

34 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,382 posts
19,400 battles
ST. Royal Navy competition, port London and Arsenal
Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.
Starting with update 0.7.9 there is a new event in the game – “Royal Navy” - which was timed to the release of British destroyers. The event will last for 3 updates untill 0.7.11.
39589250_2166707746988894_70546015860429
During this competition, each update will have 4 rounds. Each round equals a new week and has 4 stages, each stage has 5 to 7 tasks. There is a corresponding reward, like in-game stuff, Guineas and Sovereigns, for completing a round, stage or task.
39883695_2166708120322190_81936116228586
You can be doing all tasks simultaneously, however, getting access to the next stage is only possible after completing certain number of tasks in the previous one. There is no limit to how many tasks you can be doing at the same time, unless stated otherwise. All stages are available for completion until the end of the tour.
After completing all stages, access to the Hall of Fame is unlocked, where players compete for being the absolute best.
Update of London port is timed to British destroyers release.
39883769_2166708846988784_42037572015436

39568070_2166709040322098_91610097817317

39594294_2166709446988724_58195239627233
A new temporary category “Royal Navy” and two temporary currencies – Sovereigns and Guineas - are added to the game.
39747754_2166710250321977_79805486891249

39629918_2166710480321954_49845293419593
There are two new Royal Navy containers – standard and premium. All that could be found in the containers: signals, consumable camouflages, sovereigns and chance to get one of the British destroyers in early access: Acasta, tier V, Icarus, tier VI, Jervis, tier VII, Lightning, tier VIII.
39714690_2166710946988574_20876801797731

39814265_2166711076988561_72418750192806
Sovereigns can be spent on a new camouflage, signals, Bert Dunkirk commander, premium ships Warspite and Gallant, permanent special camouflage for Gallant and standard container Royal Navy.
Players can spend Guineas on a discount for premium destroyer Cossack tier VIII. The amount of discount depends on gaming activity.
Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.
  • Cool 7

[EREKT]
Members
48 posts
6,125 battles

Can't wait. British dds look like solid workhorses, and London finally gets some sunshine! 

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
615 posts
7,709 battles

Excited for this as well.  Got to admit, really liking the design and camo patterns on some of these new DDs.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,528 posts
3,555 battles

I'm hoping those containers are cheaper than the Go Navy ones, more in-line with the French or US Collection ones since they also came with a chance of a ship.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
401 posts
5,907 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:
Players can spend Guineas on a discount for premium destroyer Cossack tier VIII. The amount of discount depends on gaming activity.

Does it strike anyone else as unusual that earning an ingame currency would allow for a monetary discount in the premium shop? Does this suggest that Cossack will be available for ingame currency - doubloons, FXP, coal, steel(!)? 

[ARGSY]
5,382 posts
19,400 battles
1 minute ago, Noble_Taipan said:

Does it strike anyone else as unusual that earning an ingame currency would allow for a monetary discount in the premium shop? Does this suggest that Cossack will be available for ingame currency - doubloons, FXP, coal, steel(!)? 

I rather see this as: the Cossack will suck but this way we get enough player to buy her.

But then there is WoWs giving away premium ships, high tier camos etc. The Cossack didn't bring enough to the table to pay the full price in my opinion. $40 for a DD that many tester call bad. If no wonder will happen: NO. But for $20 as a collector... we may get a deal.

[PVE]
Members
6,368 posts
11,327 battles

Sounds fun. Sounds a lot like the French BB event. Looking forward to the new BRN DD's. As someone above mentioned though if they price the containers at the crazy expensive rate the Go Navy ones were I will have to pass. Hopefully they are more like the French and US container prices. Also glad to see the London port being updated. The purple haze/theme on the existing one is terrible.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,054 posts
4,803 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

You can be doing all tasks simultaneously, however, getting access to the next stage is only possible after completing certain number of tasks in the previous one. There is no limit to how many tasks you can be doing at the same time, unless stated otherwise. All stages are available for completion until the end of the tour.

This I like. Unlock stages at your own pace and they stay unlocked; none of this hectic 2-3 evening time-gated marathon stuff. If you start late, you can still finish everything if there's time enough to grind, and you can pick and choose things that run concurrently to best effect.

If ships are going to release early (a la the French battleships) starting 0.7.9, this must mean they are releasing as a full tech tree in 0.7.10.

4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I rather see this as: the Cossack will suck but this way we get enough player to buy her.

It could just as easily be: this ship will be the British T8 Khabarovsk and we will charge through the nose for her, but you can get a discount.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,054 posts
4,803 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As someone above mentioned though if they price the containers at the crazy expensive rate the Go Navy ones were I will have to pass.

You just know somebody will pay stupid amounts of money to RNGesus to (try and) unlock ships they could eventually have had for free. I call $500 to be spent for a crack at the Lightning. Any advances on that?

The Salt Must Flow.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
6,368 posts
11,327 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You just know somebody will pay stupid amounts of money to beg RNGesus to unlock ships they could eventually have had for free. I call $500 to be spent for a crack at the Lightning. Any advances on that?

Well I am what many would consider a wallet whale in this game and I completely passed on the Go Navy containers. Not even 1 purchased. If the price is sky high on these new BRN containers too I will once again keep my wallet closed. My point is if "I" am saying no they definitely are too $$$! But you are right some people will do it anyway.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[BOTES]
Members
166 posts
3,354 battles

I'm pretty happy with these new line events, they make each new line feel special, and there's plenty of lines that were added previously that could see similar events.

[NNC]
Members
2,059 posts
7,772 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You just know somebody will pay stupid amounts of money to beg RNGesus to unlock ships they could eventually have had for free. I call $500 to be spent for a crack at the Lightning. Any advances on that?

I know someone that bought enough go navy containers that he managed to buy salem on two accounts just from the coal alone.

mindyou each container gave 20 tokens that you could buy 4 containers with. Each container gave 450 coal.

he needed some odd 500,000 coal thats 1,112 sharks or eagle containers. Or 278 gonavy containers

[TNG]
Members
7 posts
9,323 battles

I've purchased containers in every other event... except "Go Navy" because they have become too pricy.  Over $100 for 30 boxes is just too much money.  I don't know who does the metrics on these things at WG but if you don't think you're getting a deal, you're less likely to open your wallet.  I'll probably get containers for the British arc because of the new flags being made available, but it does get a bit ridiculous.  Kind of also hoping they drop in some extra UK premiums during this event... beside Cossack.

[HSD]
Members
318 posts
9,780 battles

With regards to spending a currency to discount Cossack; a while ago WoT ran an event that could ultimately culminate in a free premium (or discounted). I can’t remember all the finer points but I do remember a YouTube video done by Quickbaby (A WoT CC) who broke down averages and for a 50% player his estimates for getting the tank free were, well “time intensive” is the minimum descriptive term I would use. 

So I would wait for more details before getting too excited.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
8 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

With regards to spending a currency to discount Cossack; a while ago WoT ran an event that could ultimately culminate in a free premium (or discounted). I can’t remember all the finer points but I do remember a YouTube video done by Quickbaby (A WoT CC) who broke down averages and for a 50% player his estimates for getting the tank free were, well “time intensive” is the minimum descriptive term I would use. 

So I would wait for more details before getting too excited.

I think it was for the Progetto Tier 8 premium Italian tank. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,838 posts

Sovereigns and Guineas? A sovereign is worth 1 pound. A Guinea is worth 1 pound 1 pence. They are functionally equivalent WG.

We don't need them any more than we need brass and molybdenum

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
401 posts
5,907 battles
1 hour ago, Wombatmetal said:

A Guinea is worth 1 pound 1 pence.

The guinea was originally worth 1 pound sterling but fluctuations in the price of gold relative to silver meant that its value increased over time, up to as much as 1 pound 10 shillings (30 shillings). Its value was fixed at 1 pound 1 shilling (21 shillings) from 1717 to 1816.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,969 posts
10,645 battles

I like the idea of a cheaper Cossack as I feel both her and Haida were purposefully over-tiered, primarily to make as much money as possible. At least that means it will be offset.

On the downside it suggests Cossack won't even be released until 0.7.9, or another month. Cossack was first shown on the Dev blog on 16 December 2017, she's becoming the new T-61.

I have mixed feelings on the containers. It's nice to dodge some of the early low tier ships - who really wants to bother respeccing to have a couple of 12 Medea v. 12 Medea games? Not I. On the downside this effectively means even more delay to actually play most RN DD or any at all if you don't get rich/lucky on the containers. 0.7.9 will presumably be the containers with a chance for some of the ships and 0.7.10 for the real deal. It's already been 2 months, I guess lines are just slow to come out now.

[POP]
Members
1,182 posts
15,528 battles

Hi

The Kriegsmarine  ( German Navy ) will be ready and waiting for these teetotalling scone eating British tug boats and there crews :Smile_izmena:

shot-18_08.17_21_29.25-0830.thumb.jpg.a6604f7724ee423ae9378be24f1f9a66.jpg 

Edited by tm63au

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,969 posts
10,645 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

The Kriegsmarine  ( German Navy ) will be ready and waiting for these tea totalling scone eating British tug boats and there crews :Smile_izmena:

Well, happy to give the German destroyers a tow if they need ;)

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,621 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

The Kriegsmarine  ( German Navy ) will be ready and waiting for these tea totalling scone eating British tug boats and there crews :Smile_izmena:

We defeated the pirates and we shall defeat the Kriegsmarine in time. It is inevitable.