You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

13 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,109 posts
8,510 battles

WOWS was alright this weekend. Mostly 50/50 Saturday and Sunday. Kurfurst proved such a lumbering behemoth, but the survival build is delightfully effective; 36 seconds to a fire means it takes a long time to burn me down, and the MB w/ aiming systems module is accurate enough to hurt most anything except lucky DDs.

Zao's on 2nd stage, more than 1/3 of the way thru the freaking 8million credits, and have Z-52 and GK halfway thru their stage 1s.

7K ship XP from the Richelieu, but gonna have to run Missouri again for credits, GK cost all I had to outfit despite the sale on modules this weekend. Lyon's MB rotates so slowly (this w/ the enhanced EM on Jean-Bart) that not sure I want to keep her.

Resumed doing Shirayatsu, since want Akizuki unlocked by the time 7.8 rolls out her T9 and 10 sisters.

Already noted it in another thread last week, but got the killing blow on a pirate.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
2,676 posts
4,423 battles

Put the T-61 through its paces and was pretty happy with the results. Torpedo DDs are my favorite ships to play, and she’s definitely a good one. Otherwise I mostly stuck to the Musashi, Tirpitz, and Massachusetts. Teamwork and map awareness seemed to be at an all time low this weekend, which wasn’t helped by several players leaving teammates high and dry to go chase pirate captains. All in all it wasn’t a particularly enjoyable weekend, but hey, at least T-61 is here. 

[TF-60]
Members
85 posts
7,743 battles

More than halfway through the Roon to Hindenburg grind.  This German event is allowing for amazingly quick progress.

While the Roon is enjoyable, really looking forward to 2 front facing turrets

[PT8TO]
Members
1,452 posts
13,981 battles

Lets say the whole week not just the weekend was a success.

Played a 100 battles last week, half of those were Saturday and Sunday.

Won 73% of those and picked up a few pirate trophies along the way.

Had a personal best 25 game Solo Win streak in Tier X Saturday and finally lost on Sunday.

Idk just one of those weekends in which all the stars aligned and nothing could stop Me or my teams.

But Sunday things began to return to normal team wise so I shut it down.....Was exhausted anyway from Saturday

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

Members
1,476 posts
12,600 battles

Did not see too many pirates, three times on my team and only once on the red team.  Miss the running of the corgis.

Bought a weekend premium pass, while I have over 250 million credits, trying to build free exp to get Wooster, got it late on Sunday - took it out and 165K damage game - seems pretty strong.

Looking forward to next Ranked season so that I can play my tier 8 ships against other tier 8 ships, instead of tier ten.  Out of four games I played with tier 8 ships, only one was high tier, that was a Roma game but had the bad luck of having a Zeppelin on the other team (our CV could do nothing) and a couple of over 20K dive bomber strikes quickly took me out of the game.  

Seemed like a lot more CV play at the higher tiers this weekend, but seemed to never have the right ship ( in B.B. or DD vs AA Cruiser).

Members
641 posts

Was away from PC and too busy to break out laptop. Jealous that I could not participate in the sinking of Pirates.

Hopefully no Pirate Corgi’s were hurt in the event. We’re all rescued?

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[FOXEH]
Members
3,424 posts
12,824 battles

Been in the hospital the past 8 days. No losses on the high seas...

[TDD]
Members
926 posts
8,066 battles
39 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Been in the hospital the past 8 days. No losses on the high seas...

hope nothing serious....get well soon and back to sea

• Cool 1

[GN_BR]
Members
132 posts
4,903 battles

If it wasn’t for my Fiji the weekend would have been pretty bad. I just couldn’t carry the sacks of spuds that were my teams otherwise. I am really starting to enjoy this boat.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,109 posts
8,510 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Put the T-61 through its paces and was pretty happy with the results. Torpedo DDs are my favorite ships to play, and she’s definitely a good one.

Ah yes, got stealthed torped by that DD a few times in my Lyon. Frustrating.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,314 posts
9,608 battles

My spree was as a pirate and I had a comfortable 54% WR. I played a couple of ships that I don't have and added a couple to my want list.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,359 posts

Stink, stank, stunk!!!

piss poor matches all weekend.

Was having a very nice game in Ops last night- till we lost, when Richie got deaded.   That last minute free-for-all by the endpoint isn't made any easier by the way Rich charges ahead like the Light brigade- right into the knot of red DD's...

Then I FINALLY had a good match last night in my 'Zona.  Was locked in a close range brawl with a NY and a Nurn,  blapped the Nurn- and was potshotted by some dork on my team...   Nothing was said in chat about it, no back and forth before hand, nothing. 

It's enough to irritate the heck out of you, it is.

Even tried playing low tiers for some fun and a different meta.   That was even worse- either the game was over almost immediately- or we'd get a display of campy passive play not seen this side of a tier 10 Random match.

I think I'll just spend my Booty of tokens today and just log off.  (Mondays always suck)