Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buckeyefan21x

Midway CV needs Tier 10 Planes again across the board.

12 comments in this topic

[KSD]
[KSD]
Members
167 posts
6,983 battles

The Midway needs tier 10 fighters and torpedo planes again,  The main issue is the low Health pool and low speed of the planes. There is so much devastating anti air now, it almost makes it impossible to do anything in games, when there Multiple Worcesters, Minos, and Des moines. Not to mention you have to deal the other CV fighter planes. Plus every cruiser @ tier 9/10 has defensive fire.  The only way you can do any good is if your playing a Potato team or Matching making gives you an enemy team without the 3 listed ships. This needs changed

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles
6 minutes ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

The Midway needs tier 10 fighters and torpedo planes again,  The main issue is the low Health pool and low speed of the planes. There is so much devastating anti air now, it almost makes it impossible to do anything in games, when there Multiple Worcesters, Minos, and Des moines. Not to mention you have to deal the other CV fighter planes. Plus every cruiser @ tier 9/10 has defensive fire.  The only way you can do any good is if your playing a Potato team or Matching making gives you an enemy team without the 3 listed ships. This needs changed

Not to mention the legendary module for the Hak which is a pure buff while Midway's is pretty much useless. WG hates the Midway for some reason.

[O7]
Members
459 posts
12,977 battles

I agree the midway upgrade should be changed, but the planes themselves are fine in my opinion. I still prefer Midway to Hakuryu under current conditions.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,833 posts
5,878 battles
50 minutes ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

If it never had to face T8 ships or went back to 1 TB squad, sure. Unfortunately T10 planes make it roflstomp any T8 ship, as it is its still a 1 shot kill vs T8 BB's that dont spec for AA.

[O7]
Members
459 posts
12,977 battles
24 minutes ago, k9kid12 said:

@Kebobstuzovwhat do you think a good legendary module for Midway would be?

Hard to say without testing but maybe since a weakness is flight speed... 5% better plane speed and 10% plane HP. Regular upgrade is 15% attack plane HP

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,551 posts
7,713 battles
6 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Hard to say without testing but maybe since a weakness is flight speed... 5% better plane speed and 10% plane HP. Regular upgrade is 15% attack plane HP

I like this.

[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,790 battles

Another Midway complaint. Its fine just as the way it is. It still can beat Hak easily.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
9,355 posts

Tiering of the planes is insignificant except in regards to the dogfighting skill. They can buff the planes regardless of the tier.

[TBOW]
Members
1,342 posts
10,981 battles

Midway is in an okay position, I think T9 torp planes would be appropriate for her considering the T9/10 AA meta, especially with the USN Cruiser Line Split, though she doesn't need T10 planes all around.  And yes the Legendary Mod is a pure buff for the Hakuryu and useless for the Midway.  To me the Legendary Mods should be a give-take, never a pure buff as some are.

Members
1,112 posts
2 hours ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

I always wondered about this. In lieu of the original release loadout that included jets, I'd fancy seeing the Grumman F8F Bearcat as the upgrade from Corsairs as the VF type, reconfigured BTD's in the VT role, and introduce the good old AD Skyraider in the VB/VA role. All of these aircraft served aboard the CVB's.

Of course this would not be practical from a balance standpoint, since the Midway airwing would be clearly superior to the Hak's  and roflstomp any other CV out there.

Edited by TF77

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles
3 hours ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

Sorry, as for now I can't tell you anything about plans to add tier 10 fighters again. CV have a significant impact, strengthen it is not planned.
As you know, this class expects changes. Thus, the maximum we may see in next updates are minor ballance changes. Which, in turn, will be based on stats. 

• Bad 2

Sign in to follow this