You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

One of the thing's I Find Most Amazing is How Many People

30 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,139 posts

:Smile_amazed:Think  Des Moines is as Tanky as a New Orleans,Baltimore,Buffalo   OR  for that matter  like a Hipper,Hindenburg,Roon,Zao   Despite having citadeled her again and again and jump all over you for being unwilling to play her in open water as so many other cruisers are :Smile_facepalm:  She plays more  like a Tier 10  Pepsi getting citadeled at least as often by  CA's,CL's,BB's  alike

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,085 posts
4,429 battles

One of the things I find most amazing is how many people make long forum topic names and don't get straight to the point with it...

Thank being said, anyone what says a cruiser is 'tanky' outside of the russian line is on crack.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,139 posts
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

One of the things I find most amazing is how many people make long forum topic names and don't get straight to the point with it...<<<--<<Fixed That For You:Smile_honoring::Smile_smile:

Thank being said, anyone what says a cruiser is 'tanky' outside of the russian line is on crack.

So True:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,495 posts
3,588 battles

I'd like to point out that, while Des Memes, Battleship Hindenburg, and others CAN take a lot of abuse and punishment before going down for their class; most people forget the little asterisk that this is only possible when bow-tanking, at extreme angles, or (in Hindenburg's case) brawling up-close against ships of similar armament. Yes, Des Moines has paper sides and can be citadelled easily, but that nice thick bow plating means that any other cruiser at her tier is going to get their shells laughed off if they shoot her head-on. Yes, Hindenburg is vulnerable to plunging fire at range, but if one pops up less than 8km from you that citadel vanishes and you have to rely on raw base DPM against that thick hide and huge HP pool to come out on top. Oh, you think torps will give you an edge? Think again. Hail Hydro.

• Cool 3

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,139 posts
5 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I'd like to point out that, while Des Memes, Battleship Hindenburg, and others CAN take a lot of abuse and punishment before going down for their class; most people forget the little asterisk that this is>>-->>> only possible when bow-tanking, at extreme angles,<<<--<< And only when the enemy is dumb enuff to  Let You!:Smile_sceptic:      or (in Hindenburg's case) brawling up-close against ships of similar armament. Yes, Des Moines has paper sides and can be citadelled easily, but that nice thick bow plating means that any other cruiser at her tier is going to get their shells laughed off if they shoot her head-on. Yes, Hindenburg is vulnerable to plunging fire at range, but if one pops up less than 8km from you that citadel vanishes and you have to rely on raw base DPM against that thick hide and huge HP pool to come out on top. Oh, you think torps will give you an edge? Think again. Hail Hydro.

In the case pointed out yeah and very seldom am I allowed that chance:cat_paw:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[PVE]
Members
6,413 posts
11,376 battles
2 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

One of the things I find most amazing is how many people make long forum topic names and don't get straight to the point with it...

Russian Cruisers tanky? Moskva, Kronshtadt, and Stanlingrad appear to have some ability to tank but are extremely squishy if you show side (I have heard on Stalingrad and experienced on other 2). The rest of the Russian Cruisers are not even close to tanky so assume you mean these 3.

KM Cruisers T8+ are the most tanky for tier of the Cruisers. Hipper/Prinz Eugen, Roon, and Hindenburg are extremely tanky. No crack here.

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
On 20.08.2018 at 11:27 AM, J30_Reinhardt said:

With the exception of the Moskva at Tier 10, the Russian cruiser line is the weakest armored cruiser line after the British CLs, and maybe one or two of the new USN light cruisers...

A bird flying over and shitting on the deck will citadel them

On 20.08.2018 at 1:34 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Russian Cruisers tanky? Moskva, Kronshtadt, and Stanlingrad appear to have some ability to tank but are extremely squishy if you show side (I have heard on Stalingrad and experienced on other 2). The rest of the Russian Cruisers are not even close to tanky so assume you mean these 3.

KM Cruisers T8+ are the most tanky for tier of the Cruisers. Hipper/Prinz Eugen, Roon, and Hindenburg are extremely tanky. No crack here.

Seriously, even the USN heavy cruisers are tankier than the Russians counterparts

Edited by pinkship9001
  • Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,085 posts
4,429 battles

Yes I was referring to the nose on the Moskva and others. Stalinium, or impenetratium, either/or.

[SIDE]
Members
1,315 posts
9,322 battles
2 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

With the exception of the Moskva at Tier 10, the Russian cruiser line is the weakest armored cruiser line after the British CLs, and maybe one or two of the new USN light cruisers...

A bird flying over and shitting on the deck will citadel them

Catch a Moskva broadside and it's toast. Don't believe me? Create a game and test it out. You can smack between 4-7 citadels on one using another Moskva. 

As someone already mentioned, german cruisers can get away with a lot more, especially Hindenberg.

[RKLES]
Members
7,507 posts
9,538 battles
4 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_amazed:Think  Des Moines is as Tanky as a New Orleans,Baltimore,Buffalo   OR  for that matter  like a Hipper,Hindenburg,Roon,Zao   Despite having citadeled her again and again and jump all over you for being unwilling to play her in open water as so many other cruisers are :Smile_facepalm:  She plays more  like a Tier 10  Pepsi getting citadeled at least as often by  CA's,CL's,BB's  alike

Well to be fair any ship can be a little squishy agains my Yamato guns... :fish_glass:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,139 posts
4 hours ago, Landsraad said:

I'd like to point out that, while Des Memes, Battleship Hindenburg, and others CAN take a lot of abuse and punishment before going down for their class; most people forget the little asterisk that this is only possible when bow-tanking, at extreme angles, or (in Hindenburg's case) brawling up-close against ships of similar armament. Yes, Des Moines has paper sides and can be citadelled easily, but that nice thick bow plating means that any other cruiser at her tier is going to get their shells laughed off if they shoot her head-on. Yes, Hindenburg is vulnerable to plunging fire at range, but if one pops up less than 8km from you that citadel vanishes and you have to rely on raw base DPM against that thick hide and huge HP pool to come out on top. Oh, you think torps will give you an edge? Think again. Hail Hydro.

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

2 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

Seriously, even the USN heavy cruisers are tankier than the Russians counterparts

44 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Catch a Moskva broadside and it's toast. Don't believe me? Create a game and test it out. You can smack between 4-7 citadels on one using another Moskva. 

As someone already mentioned, german cruisers can get away with a lot more, especially Hindenberg.

So basically what everyone Seems To Be Saying is No T10 CA Is Tanky?:Smile_amazed:

[SUCIT]
Members
910 posts
3,857 battles
54 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

I'll just leave this CB game here.  

World_of_Warships_Screenshot_2018.08.12_-_20.00.28.20.png

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

What I enjoy the most is when a USN Cruiser goes on a torpedo run on my Battleship (hint, this is after Tier VI).

[POP]
Members
1,263 posts
8,675 battles

There's that middle island in the Asian map where every Des Moines tries to hide so it can radar the cap... and every battleship can hit it there. 

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
255 posts
8,478 battles
2 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

Catch an angled Moskva and most BBs will have trouble punching through it

Members
1,217 posts
10 battles
7 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

The Hindy can operate in open water with near impunity...it is the easy button for high tier cruiser play.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,353 posts
3,972 battles
3 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The Hindy can operate in open water with near impunity...it is the easy button for high tier cruiser play.

a couple days ago, I was in a tier 10 match, and a Hindy who finally got spotted a couple minutes in, WAS ALREADY KITING
He was never seen at the start, and when he popped up he was already heading back towards his spawn and kiting away. Holy crap, usually we see them heading toward an objective and kiting when they start attracting attention. 

[PVE]
Members
6,413 posts
11,376 battles
21 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

So basically what everyone Seems To Be Saying is No T10 CA Is Tanky?:Smile_amazed:

The comment I referred to said... "Thank being said, anyone what says a cruiser is 'tanky' outside of the russian line is on crack". It did not specify T10 or CA's. Just Russian line. 

I would have to question that posters sobriety frankly LOL. The Russian Cruisers up through and including Donskoi at T9 are some of the squishiest Cruisers in the game. I saw someone say if a seagull flew over one and pooped on the deck it would result in a citadel. While that is clearly dramatic flare the sentiment is true. Kronshtadt, Moskva, and apparently Stalingrad (based on the videos I have seen of it) can be tanky when properly angled but are still extremely squishy on the side. Russian Cruisers are some of the softest in the game armor wise. I actually think other than T10 and Kronshtadt at T9 they are even softer than the BRN & US CL's.

I mentioned the KM CA's T8-T10 as being the toughest CA's IMO. Hindenburg, to me, is without question the toughest T10 CA. They don't call it the BB Hindenburg for nothing. The ship is a beast and super tough even though it is a Cruiser. Des Moines(Salem) and Zao can be tanky if angled properly vs other CA's and CL's at T10 but most BB's can punch them right through the nose. Henri IV doesn't seem to be able to bounce much of anything; get hit and take massive damage. 

IMO at T10 Hindenburg is the undisputed king of tankiness for CA's. Henri IV is clearly the weakest. Des Moines(Salem), Zao, and Moskva can be tanky but are also easily blapped if not played perfectly. Stalingrad is still an unknown for most of us but probably about the same as Moskva or slightly better.

21 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

What I enjoy the most is when a USN Cruiser goes on a torpedo run on my Battleship (hint, this is after Tier VI).

I would love that too seeing as US Cruisers from T6 on don't have torps LOL (other than Atlanta and Flint).

19 hours ago, ElvenRed said:

Catch an angled Moskva and most BBs will have trouble punching through it

Bow on with enough angle yes, Moskva can even bounce Yamato shells.  But, if you don't have enough angle, or you are trying to angle away and kite, it's citadel city.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I would love that too seeing as US Cruisers from T6 on don't have torps LOL (other than Atlanta and Flint).

I think I had maybe a Cleveland (Tier VI) do that to my Dunkerque. Given that Dunkerque is a great Cruiser killer, Cleveland disappeared.

[PVE]
Members
6,413 posts
11,376 battles
Just now, Vangm94 said:

I think I had maybe a Cleveland (Tier VI) do that to my Dunkerque. Given that Dunkerque is a great Cruiser killer, Cleveland disappeared.

I will get in close to a BB with a US CA if I can use speed to stay ahead of the turrets. The 203MM guns can citadel them close in but it is a big risk because if they get those guns on you = OUCH! Getting close in a US CL is a death sentence unless it is Phoenix at T4 or Omaha at T5 with torps. Even then one hit and BLAP! LOL

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles

One of the things I find most amazing is how many people misuse apostrophes.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I will get in close to a BB with a US CA if I can use speed to stay ahead of the turrets. The 203MM guns can citadel them close in but it is a big risk because if they get those guns on you = OUCH! Getting close in a US CL is a death sentence unless it is Phoenix at T4 or Omaha at T5 with torps. Even then one hit and BLAP! LOL

A simple tactic is to attempt to outrun the turrets. Dunkerque sorta but Richelieu for sure will be hard to outrun because of their maneuverability and turret turn time.

[PVE]
Members
6,413 posts
11,376 battles
14 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

A simple tactic is to attempt to outrun the turrets. Dunkerque sorta but Richelieu for sure will be hard to outrun because of their maneuverability and turret turn time.

You also have to take into account if a BB has good secondary guns because they can hurt you all by themselves even if you stay ahead of the main guns in close.

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,878 battles

First off. While not a great player i DO play cruisers mostly.

While I understand some cruisers are more survivable than others, relying on your armor (such as bow on tanking) in them should be a last resort type of thing, the best method of increasing your survive-ability is to not get hit, WASD is an amazing thing, and generating misses is much better than having to rely on questionable armor.

A stationary cruiser is a dead cruiser, I see far to many cruiser players humping islands.. while in some instances it may help mitigate incoming damage, it also takes away the cruisers strong point, mobility and the ability to react to what's happening in the match, if you're not able to react to what's going on around you, you've become a detriment to your team.

Edited by Faygo_Redpop
  • Cool 1