You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EasternSun

CV players who sink their ships to get out of Battle

29 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,227 battles

Wargaming, Please issue an instant 1 day ban to any CV player that torps or Bombs themselves to get out of the Battle. Each time afterwards should be escalated to a larger Ban. This is not a play style that should be tolerated.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles

It never has been tolerated I believe. Just record or try to get evidence then send it over to support/report

• Cool 1

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,227 battles

It should be automatic in the game and not rely on players to know how to submit tickets. Not everyone has replay's enabled. 

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
929 posts
7,735 battles
2 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

It should be automatic in the game and not rely on players to know how to submit tickets. Not everyone has replay's enabled. 

I get particularly annoyed by everyone who say "...just submit a replay derp derp." No. I don't do replays. Not going to enable replays just for that off chance I might catch another player doing something ~gasp~ naughty....

Things like this should definitely be automatic. Can't say "ohh I got disconnected blah blah" if you dropped torps on yourself O_o

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
15 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

I get particularly annoyed by everyone who say "...just submit a replay derp derp." No. I don't do replays. Not going to enable replays just for that off chance I might catch another player doing something ~gasp~ naughty....

Things like this should definitely be automatic. Can't say "ohh I got disconnected blah blah" if you dropped torps on yourself O_o

Fairly certain we both mutually have each other on ignore here but I can't help it.

This is the worst thing I've read lately. In a different topic someone replied to someone taking ramming damage by telling them to submit a ticket.

Imagine if replays were enabled without having to jump through some hurdles. How bogged down would customer service get and how much improvement of this game would actually happen?

[ARGSY]
Members
13,024 posts
8,321 battles
1 hour ago, EasternSun said:

Except you can't, because in some tournaments the official commentators do what they do by getting in as carriers, sinking themselves and then free-moving around the map. Perhaps someone who's done it, like @Lord_Zath, could explain why some of these tournaments do it this way and others do it as mutual ramming of Tier 1 ships.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
804 posts
5,486 battles
3 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

I get particularly annoyed by everyone who states they expect something to happen the way they fantasize about and ignore the system that is already there to make it happen.

My replays are enabled to review previous actions, learn from mistakes and events that go particularly well.  I've certainly included a few in reports in the past, but that's not the reason I've enabled them.

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Except you can't, because in some tournaments the official commentators do what they do by getting in as carriers, sinking themselves and then free-moving around the map.

Pretty sure all of those tournaments occur in Training Room battles where TKs don't count.  May be mistaken, though.

Also pretty sure sinking yourself counts as a team kill.  I haven't tried it out to see if it works though, so I can't say with absolute certainty.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr

[ARGSY]
Members
13,024 posts
8,321 battles
2 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

Training Room battles where TKs don't count. 

I had wondered about that. I also am not sure, and I haven't been keen to deliberately TK myself and get a penalty because of it. The issue I was pointing out is that if you wanted an automatic flag for CVs sinking themselves, it might have unforeseen consequences.

[U571]
Members
1,927 posts
13,202 battles

This does count as a TK to the best of my knowledge, so you would think the Automatic System would take over.  When I CV I have strafed a set of my fighters that were locked up with 2 of the other teams CV and get pink points on the detail screen for planes of my own that I shot down.  There used to be a couple CV Drivers who would torp or bomb themselves to make use of Adrenaline Rush.  Not sure if they still do it or not because of the new system.  But it is not something most will do. 

Edited by GrimmeReaper

[O_O]
Members
804 posts
5,486 battles
3 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

There used to be a couple CV Drivers who would torp or bomb themselves to make use of Adrenaline Rush.  Not sure if they still do it or not because of the new system

That is a very interesting tactic.  In the new team damage system, they would accrue points against themselves... except for battles in training rooms.  It's not going to work for Randoms or Clan Battles, but it most certainly would in tournaments.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr

Members
260 posts
5,750 battles

How is this any better/worse than a CV YOLOing? Ive seen T8 CVs in a T10 match announce they couldnt do a thing so they went to flank speed & drove up the middle of the map.  

No matter how you slice it, there is no cure for stupid. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
11,242 posts

In addition to the other reasons stated it cannot be made automatically as a CV could accidentally sink themselves while trying to hit a ship at close range.

• Cool 1

[U571]
Members
1,927 posts
13,202 battles
Just now, MizzenMast said:

How is this any better/worse than a CV YOLOing? Ive seen T8 CVs in a T10 match announce they couldnt do a thing so they went to flank speed & drove up the middle of the map.  

I have seen this too.  No matter what I am up against, T8 in T10 (in your example) there is plenty for you to do as a CV driver, spotting for 1, if I can get a DD killed by keeping a fighter over it while my team works over the other team, I am damn well going to do it.  If the AA is that high I might even do the unthinkable a snipe.   But planes all over the place means my team knows where theirs is so while my attacking won't be as potent, I need to do what I can.

[U571]
Members
1,927 posts
13,202 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

In addition to the other reasons stated it cannot be made automatically as a CV could accidentally sink themselves while trying to hit a ship at close range.

I have torped myself (not sunk myself) at the end of a match being in close to another CV and had to drop the torps from opposite side than what I wanted to.  So this can happen.

[HINON]
Members
11,242 posts
1 minute ago, GrimmeReaper said:

I have torped myself (not sunk myself) at the end of a match being in close to another CV and had to drop the torps from opposite side than what I wanted to.  So this can happen.

For sure and it's especially acute at t4 and t5 due to the lack of manual drops.

[U571]
Members
1,927 posts
13,202 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

For sure and it's especially acute at t4 and t5 due to the lack of manual drops.

For me is was in the Enterprise up against a Shokaku.  He hit his is DFAA Got a Panic drop so a couple went wide and I  ate em.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,271 posts

The replays also omit the battle end-screens..  for some silly reason.

Like, can't they just tack the data-fields onto the end of the replay ???  SERIOUSLY ????  It'd take about maybe 5K bytes ??

But NoooOooooOOooooo..

Replays take up HD space, and if you do 20 battles a day over a couple years, can make an impact.  Need to dig in and clear the old ones off.

If you don't know what you are doing, poking around in directories, maybe you are better off not having it turned on.

ALSO -- whenever there is an update, all old replays won't play anymore.

So it's pretty complicated...  but so is this game.

[RKLES]
Members
9,630 posts
11,523 battles
9 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

Yeah and if a player wants out of a match, as long as they stay silent about their intentions there is really no way to prove they threw a match even if they do intentionally yolo.

Personally I like doing my best every match because “ a bad team” may turn out to be really good battle.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
7 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Replays take up HD space

Is this the 1990s or do we actually have SSD's in the hundreds of gigabytes now and 'regular' HD's in the multiple terabytes now?

I assume anyone that fills up either of those with the capacity they have is downloading/watching too many 'movies'.

[U571]
Members
1,927 posts
13,202 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah and if a player wants out of a match, as long as they stay silent about their intentions there is really no way to prove they threw a match even if they do intentionally yolo.

Personally I like doing my best every match because “ a bad team” may turn out to be really good battle.

Agreed.  Give your all, you might do 1 or 2 small things that make the difference.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,089 battles
19 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

:Smile_great:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,099 posts

I don't believe that I've ever seen a CV kill itself outside of a YouTube tournament video and I've played something like 8000 matches.

Members
21 posts
381 battles
13 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The replays also omit the battle end-screens..  for some silly reason.

Like, can't they just tack the data-fields onto the end of the replay ???  SERIOUSLY ????  It'd take about maybe 5K bytes ??

But NoooOooooOOooooo..

Replays take up HD space, and if you do 20 battles a day over a couple years, can make an impact.  Need to dig in and clear the old ones off.

If you don't know what you are doing, poking around in directories, maybe you are better off not having it turned on.

ALSO -- whenever there is an update, all old replays won't play anymore.

So it's pretty complicated...  but so is this game.

Or people could just use this...

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19060/