Sign in to follow this  
riwaka1983

Fining for not causing ramming

16 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts

Hi I have played a couple of games where I have got fined and was not even my fault. I in both games I got fined I was a full stop and firing at enemy.

How ever I get rammed by other players and still lost point / credits I think that unfair.

If it's not your fault you should not lose any point''s or credits.

finewow.png

Members
5 posts

That's not the point other player should of gone around me. I was in a big battle ship not easy to move.

Edited by riwaka1983
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,424 posts
12,824 battles

That's the game mechanic. Both parties get penalized for friendly contact because WG can't determine fault. They haven't instituted any "rules for navigation" and likely won't. One or the other party has lost situational awareness because of tunnel vision so a collision happens.

The penalty is insignificant and is only useful as a reminder to be aware of your surroundings next time.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,858 posts
3,959 battles

If you were pink then somebody rammed you I would understand since it would keep you pink. But just a little contact isn't something of consequence.

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
11 minutes ago, Khafni said:

That's the game mechanic. Both parties get penalized for friendly contact because WG can't determine fault. They haven't instituted any "rules for navigation" and likely won't. One or the other party has lost situational awareness because of tunnel vision so a collision happens.

The penalty is insignificant and is only useful as a reminder to be aware of your surroundings next time.

Thanks for that information. I am all ways trying to be aware of my surroundings. But I could see that the ship turned into me on purpose.

Members
150 posts
10 battles
43 minutes ago, riwaka1983 said:

That's not the point other player should of gone around me. I was in a big battle ship not easy to move.

no. its your fault. you are always responsible for your ship. fine should have been larger.

• Bad 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,111 posts
4,429 battles

2 hours ago, riwaka1983 said:

OK I will find out how to submit ticket. I not care about point it's just should not get fined about it even when not your fault.

Ignore the advice, just deal with it. It's going to happen.. even if you were moving it's going to happen.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,206 posts
542 battles
3 hours ago, riwaka1983 said:

Hi I have played a couple of games where I have got fined and was not even my fault. I in both games I got fined I was a full stop and firing at enemy.

How ever I get rammed by other players and still lost point / credits I think that unfair.

If it's not your fault you should not lose any point''s or credits.

finewow.png

Sorry for these small credits and XP loss. But there is no need to create a ticket. It's a normal consequence for collision with teammates. System always takes into account all collisions. But it punishes only the most persistent violators. First with pink, then with co-op battles.

3 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

You now have a horn, use it. (it's the 'N' key by default)

It helps to pay attention and avoid collisions, in 80% faults on both sides. 

2 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Ignore the advice, just deal with it. It's going to happen.. even if you were moving it's going to happen.

The system is configured in such a way that doesn't take into account accidental collisions, however minimal penalties stimulate to avoid collisions. So everything works as it should.

[STURM]
Members
318 posts
3,137 battles

OP, you do realize that the other player got fined as well, right? Both players get fined because implementing a system that accurately determines fault would require several breakthroughs in programming and a TON of resources.

Besides, in this case you lost less than a tenth of a percentage of your reward for the battle. Not really worth the fuss or a ticket.

Accidental paint swapping happens. Most of the time, it's just annoying. I can only thing of three reasons to get upset about it:

1. The ships glitch out and get stuck on one another.

2. The other ship keeps ramming you on purpose.

3. The ram endangers you, such as pushing you out of smoke or into torpedoes.

From how tiny the fine is, I know 1 and 2 didn't happen. If 3 did happen, and you feel it is on purpose, only then would I submit a ticket. Otherwise, let it go. These things happen in a game like this.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts
4 hours ago, Khafni said:

They "could" define fault far more often than not, they just don't want to do it. :cap_cool:

It could cover a very large percentage of the cases until it got finite enough to say "I can't tell" and bill both players as it does currently. Since the end result in some cases would be the same as it is now, a programmer rationalizes the logic by saying this:

"Too much resource demand in-game to assess a friendly impact which could (probably) end in the same outcome so why even waste time coding it?"

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,593 posts
10,053 battles

It's just a tiny little game mechanic...   Let it go.

Bigger problem is the damage the red team can do to you..  focus on that.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,865 battles
6 hours ago, riwaka1983 said:

6 hours ago, riwaka1983 said:

Thanks for that information. I am all ways trying to be aware of my surroundings. But I could see that the ship turned into me on purpose.

When you are in a battleship you can take the hits.  When you get more experience you should understand that cruisers in particular but also other ships will often turn away from gun fire.  You need to expect this at all times.  They are going to be turning when under fire and focused on incoming shells not what is behind them.  Leave space for an expected turn out by slowing, turning yourself, or reversing.  With that being said since you used your horn and its obviously a tiny penalty there is really nothing to be concerned about.

Sign in to follow this