You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Submarine_M1

the ultimate question for the ijn gunboat DD mains.....

the ultimate question for the ijn gunboat DD mains.....  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. are you going to try to free exp from akizuki to harugumo?

• yes
    • no
    • only for the b hull of kitakaze
    • dont even have the akizuki yet ;-;
  2. 2. how much exp on the free exp, for those who has akizuki fully researched?

3. 3. and are you going to buy a premium camo?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/22/2018 at 10:00 AM

11 comments in this topic

[-DZ-]
[-DZ-]
Members
632 posts
28,009 battles

just a fun poll i made for every gunboat ijn main......and this should end at the release date of the update of the gunboats extension line....if u happen to have more then 100,000 free exp, then commit below, and also.....good luck, and a following seas <0

Edited by Submarine_M1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,774 battles

Just going to grind it out the old fashioned way, through the Kitakaze. Probably not going to keep her, I don't think she looks like enough of an upgrade from Akizuki. Harugumo looks great, planning on keeping her and later getting a camo for her if I feel she deserves one. The tier X premium camo is just too good to pass up!

• Cool 1

Members
5,580 posts
6,329 battles
18 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

Just going to grind it out the old fashioned way, through the Kitakaze. Probably not going to keep her, I don't think she looks like enough of an upgrade from Akizuki. Harugumo looks great, planning on keeping her and later getting a camo for her if I feel she deserves one. The tier X premium camo is just too good to pass up!

Wut? Kitakaze stacks up to be the true gem of the line.

Last I saw/read, Kitakaze has the old Akizuki maneuverability, but goes 36kts instead of 33. The concealment is also Akizuki's old value, so a concealment of 5.8km with a full concealment build. Plus you get a sextuple torpedo launcher with access to the T9 torpedo reload module and TRB in it's own slot(not that the latter most is any different than Akizuki). Access to type 93 mod. 3 torps, the best ones the IJN line has. Plus, Kitakaze actually boasts better AA too.

Don't get me wrong though, Harugumo will be meme-tastic. But I think the best ship in the alternate branch will be Kitakaze. It has the most balanced package of the three top tier ships in that line.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 3

[HYDRO]
Members
3,467 posts
4,940 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Wut? Kitakaze stacks up to be the true gem of the line.

Last I saw/read, Kitakaze has the old Akizuki maneuverability, but goes 36kts instead of 33. The concealment is also Akizuki's old value, so a concealment of 5.8km with a full concealment build. Plus you get a sextuple torpedo launcher with access to the T9 torpedo reload module and TRB in it's own slot(not that the latter most is any different than Akizuki). Access to type 93 mod. 3 torps, the best ones the IJN line has. Plus, Kitakaze actually boasts better AA too.

Don't get me wrong though, Harugumo will be meme-tastic. But I think the best ship in the alternate branch will be Kitakaze. It has the most balanced package of the three top tier ships in that line.

This. Harugumo for all her memes seems too clumsy for that one extra turret. I feel the IJN gunboats will be like the USN DDs, with Fletcher being regarded better tier for tier at times. 

Personally I have about 280k elite xp on Aki, will unlock the ship then just get the B hull with free xp.

Edited by warheart1992

[SYN]
Members
3,495 posts
17,657 battles

If you want to go up this line you obviously enjoy the Akizuki, so why waste free XP skipping the Kitikaze as it is basically a slightly better Akizuki.  I will of course upgrade any modules/hulls with free XP

As for free XP I have more than I know what to do with (from memory enough to get two of the current ships on offer) as there is nothing on offer that I have any interest in getting.

Come on WG - Release a free XP DD and make it comparably strong to it's BB & CA free xp counterparts!!!

Edited by Camo68
  • Cool 1

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,175 battles
19 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

If you want to go up this line you obviously enjoy the Akizuki, so why waste free XP skipping the Kitikaze as it is basically a slightly better Akizuki.  I will of course upgrade any modules/hulls with free XP

As for free XP I have more than I know what to do with (from memory enough to get two of the current ships on offer) as there is nothing on offer that I have any interest in getting.

Come on WG - Release a free XP DD and make it comparably strong to it's BB & CA free xp counterparts!!!

Yeah definitely no reason to skip any of the 100mm ships. 

[USCG]
Members
386 posts
14,995 battles

Why burn FXP on a ship I want to play? I’ll grind it out like I’ve done on all the DDs that have come before. I also find your second survey question confusing. Are you looking for how much XP I’ve already got on the Akizuki? That’s what I went with...

Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
2 hours ago, Camo68 said:

This. this. this. this. this.

Here's what I'm worried about: I grind grind grind to get Kitty and Hagu and just when I get there, here comes the nerf hammer. (I am still on minekaze atm)

[CUTER]
Members
2,820 posts
11,926 battles

Of course I'll FXP her.  There appears to be no FXP DD on the way to being released, so what else am I going to use FXP on?

Just letting millions of FXP pile up is not my thing.  I can only buy so much for credits, so thats why I have almost 220 million despite buying back and fitting out nearly every DD and CA in the game.  At least FXP I can use to level captains.

I already have two 19 point captains in reserve waiting for their release.

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai

[HEROS]
Members
1,650 posts
14,352 battles

I'm not using any free XP on either ship.  It wont take long to have 'em both all kitted out, and I already have commanders for them.  I'm going to be concerned if they don't get nurfed sometime in the next 3 months.  Because if they don't get nurfed that means something is coming that is nastier then they are!    I suspect I will be one of those that likes Kitakaze more then Harugumo.  Both ships require patience  but Kitakaze will be a bit more flexible mostly due to her better concealment and higher speed.  It's just got that nice balance.

So just a few more days and you'll be able to walk on them across maps from hull to hull because everyone will be driving them!  

And flames on the forum will be higher then the flames in game!