You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Musings of a pirate

33 comments in this topic

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

We were not supposed to play any one ship too often and they specifically didn't want us playing the Graf Zeppelin very often. I didn't touch any CV's even the point, click, and win GZ so that will have balanced out those that did. It would probably be a good idea to drastically limit how often a pirate, corgi, whatever can take out CV's but I don't think they shouldn't be used in these events.

The fact that they specifically called out GZ says a lot on their opinion of it's performance.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,415 posts
11,927 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

The fact that they specifically called out GZ says a lot on their opinion of it's performance.

Yeah, it is insane. One pirate as an experiment took it out a couple of times on Friday and Sunday and did nothing but click targeting and wrecked face with it. The GZ shows exactly why simple tweaks to the current CV system was not going to work. I am going to assume that when the rework hits that it is going to be hit hard. Oh, oh it may still be strong but it won't be the monster of the midway that it is now.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
17 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, it is insane. One pirate as an experiment took it out a couple of times on Friday and Sunday and did nothing but click targeting and wrecked face with it. The GZ shows exactly why simple tweaks to the current CV system was not going to work. I am going to assume that when the rework hits that it is going to be hit hard. Oh, oh it may still be strong but it won't be the monster of the midway that it is now.

I'd probably be a lot less offended by the power level of the GZ, if the real thing wasn't so bloody awful.  The absolute worst fleet carrier design by any nation, should not curb kick everything the way GZ does.  It was a wehraboo cash grab attempt and they screwed up the balance so badly, they can't even bring themselves to capitalize on it.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,415 posts
11,927 battles
49 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I'd probably be a lot less offended by the power level of the GZ, if the real thing wasn't so bloody awful.  The absolute worst fleet carrier design by any nation, should not curb kick everything the way GZ does.  It was a wehraboo cash grab attempt and they screwed up the balance so badly, they can't even bring themselves to capitalize on it.

What is sad is the Enterprise and the Shokaku don't trail the GZ by much but they do require manual drop/strafe skill.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
7 posts
8,513 battles

Wish I had been picked as a pirate but I did plenty of hunting and sank me 2 captains and 7 pirates. The pirates did a pretty good job of hitting the waves although it would have been nice to see a few more capt led divisions I think I only saw 3 or 4.

9/6 UPDATE: Thanks to 
Gneisenau013 and KamiSamurai for getting my rewards to me you are awesome.

Edited by smolderingsteel

[FML]
Members
2,879 posts
12,800 battles

I just wanted to echo others and say thanks to all the pirate captains for participating in this event and giving back to the community.

I look forward to the day when I might be selected!