Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
burningbridges13

Classic Launcher

20 comments in this topic

Members
4,625 posts
7,573 battles

JNust make a shortcut to the WoWs exe directly (the exe for the game).  It will avoid the game center.

Edited by CylonRed

Members
4,625 posts
7,573 battles
4 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Hang on... they're already starting to force the WGC on reinstalls? 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/wgc-whats-new/

They have had WGC for the download only for awhile now (at least the last 6 months if not more like 8-10 months).  WGC can be bypassed by making a shortcut to the game exe directly.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,798 posts
4,305 battles
36 minutes ago, burningbridges13 said:

Is there any link that anyone has for the classic installer/launcher?

Just got a new laptop and it’s defaulting to the new Gaming Center.

You might as well try the Gaming Center.  You'll be forced to use it soon anyway.

Beta Testers
1,747 posts
3,864 battles
49 minutes ago, burningbridges13 said:

Is there any link that anyone has for the classic installer/launcher?

Just got a new laptop and it’s defaulting to the new Gaming Center.

Install wows on steam find ichase’s video about using wows on steam and follow his instructions.Wargaming is going to make us all switch to the Wgc the only way around it is to install wows on steam you have to rename the logindpi something. We have no date on when they will force us to switch to Wgc I suspect in October or November.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,798 posts
4,305 battles

The Steam launch is not always smooth, and it doesn't seem to be convinceable that I have actually completed registration.  But it's generally okay, and a one (vs. three) step process.

[DPG]
Members
1,498 posts
6,555 battles
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The Steam launch is not always smooth, and it doesn't seem to be convinceable that I have actually completed registration.  But it's generally okay, and a one (vs. three) step process.

Is steam the three step process or the wgc?

[WOLF9]
Members
9,798 posts
4,305 battles

Don't know about WGC - I don't use it.  Classic is 3-step.

Beta Testers
1,747 posts
3,864 battles
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

Is steam the three step process or the wgc?

Steam is simple just click on the game and boom it loads two step one launch steam and two click on the game.

[DPG]
Members
1,498 posts
6,555 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Steam is simple just click on the game and boom it loads two step one launch steam and two click on the game.

You mean like the launcher?  Click on launcher, click play, boom it loads.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,798 posts
4,305 battles

I use this shortcut:  steam://rungameid/552990

Steam, of course, is running the the background so no need to select the launcher.  Just click the shortcut and you're in port.

[4HIM]
Members
2,444 posts
7,751 battles

Dunno why WG doesn't come up with a simple way to port over to Steam.  Did it with my WT account and it was a snap.  I moved the WT account mainly because there was some DLC that you could only get via Steam.  WG doesn't seem to want to do it.  I have heard migrating to Steam means you may not be able to play PTS.  But freely admit I may be mistaken there as I haven't moved to Steam.  I did load the WGC to see if it would have a major impact and to date it hasn't.  I have some issues with it (esp 'running in the background' after you close it).  But so far hasn't been as buggy as the first time I tried it.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,867 posts
21,079 battles
18 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Dunno why WG doesn't come up with a simple way to port over to Steam.  Did it with my WT account and it was a snap.  I moved the WT account mainly because there was some DLC that you could only get via Steam.  WG doesn't seem to want to do it.  I have heard migrating to Steam means you may not be able to play PTS.  But freely admit I may be mistaken there as I haven't moved to Steam.  I did load the WGC to see if it would have a major impact and to date it hasn't.  I have some issues with it (esp 'running in the background' after you close it).  But so far hasn't been as buggy as the first time I tried it.  

I agree, this was a big fail on Wargaming's part. If you read the comments of the negative reviews of WoWS on Steam, the number one reason they gave them low marks was the inability to merge standard WoWS accounts with Steam accounts. Maybe Wargaming lacked the will or ability to do this, maybe it is a unsolvable technical issue, only WG knows..

[SBS]
Members
4,473 posts
2,408 battles
10 hours ago, CylonRed said:

JNust make a shortcut to the WoWs exe directly (the exe for the game).  It will avoid the game center.

To be clear, you can avoid launching WGC with the WoWs exe.  You will still have to use WGC to update the game. 

Beta Testers
1,747 posts
3,864 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree, this was a big fail on Wargaming's part. If you read the comments of the negative reviews of WoWS on Steam, the number one reason they gave them low marks was the inability to merge standard WoWS accounts with Steam accounts. Maybe Wargaming lacked the will or ability to do this, maybe it is a unsolvable technical issue, only WG knows..

They are lazy to do so they could do it. WGC was not needed and the current launcher works great, and I still see many people refusing to install the Wgc that speaks volumes. @Pigeon_of_Wartreat is with respect and make a steam migration happen we don’t want the WGC how many times do we need to tell you that. Did your granddaddy not tell you that the customer is always right?

• Cool 1

Members
4,625 posts
7,573 battles
9 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

To be clear, you can avoid launching WGC with the WoWs exe.  You will still have to use WGC to update the game. 

Correct but updating the game is no issue for WGC and then you shut it down.

Sign in to follow this