Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Sorry for the pirate kill steal, I didn't realize it!

11 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
3,396 posts
8,386 battles

Recently had a game where I was in the Kutuzov and finished off a pirate from about 18km away. This is while 3 or 4 of our ships had chased him to a corner of the map and brought him very low.

I had nothing else to shoot at and so took a shot and got the kill - I'd imagine a lot of you folks are annoyed for the kill steal. I wasn't even trying to kill steal given how far off the map you were chasing him.

So if that was you, sorry. 

... well sort of. You all were chasing him off the map.

Edited by enderland07
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

We're not actually measuring who deals the killing blow in terms of rewards, so I'm hopeful no one got too upset over it. 

• Cool 3

[NGAGE]
Members
3,396 posts
8,386 battles
2 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We're not actually measuring who deals the killing blow in terms of rewards, so I'm hopeful no one got too upset over it. 

... ?

I thought the entire point was whoever kills them gets the rewards. So by "kill stealing' someone else lost the reward (since I'd get it).

[OO7]
Members
4,830 posts
11,553 battles
4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

So everyone that helped in killing a pirate gets the reward? Not just the one who killed him in the end? 

[90TH]
Members
972 posts
8,849 battles
5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Surely you must be joking?  Don't you only measure the killing blow?

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

So everyone that helped in killing a pirate gets the reward? Not just the one who killed him in the end? 

Whoever receives credit for the kill will receive rewards.   This is determined by the system based on damage. 

[NGAGE]
Members
3,396 posts
8,386 battles
Just now, Radar_X said:

Whoever receives credit for the kill will receive rewards.   This is determined by the system based on damage. 

Wow, so this was a really poorly explained event. And the message the pirates said was just wrong...

[OO7]
Members
4,830 posts
11,553 battles
4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

So majority damage gets credit? Doesn't affect me, because I might get 2 kills now, but be prepared for a firestorm when people start posting screenshots of their pirate kills after the rewards go out and they don't get any.... 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[OO7]
Members
4,830 posts
11,553 battles

So here's what it says @Radar_X my understanding of "sinks" means whoever gets the damage that causes the kill would be who sunk it. 

You might want to get clarification on that... What you are saying doesn't match the announcements. 

Screenshot_20180819-190532.png

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

We'll ensure we clarify this before processing rewards.  Appreciate the feedback!