You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPTMUDDXX

Report Players Rigging Matches to Support

36 comments in this topic

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,121 posts
13,380 battles

In 2 of 8 battles today 3 players, 2 on my team and 1 on an enemy team deliberately took actions to throw the game to the opponents. In the 1st case team mate Mogami working off pink deliberately stayed in place AFK even under attack and did nothing until near the end of our losing battle when he finally moved sank 1 enemy and was then sunk. All the while during this brief time he was spouting off about calls for him by both teams to be reported and a red team Sims that did nothing but move to a hide and sit doing nothing. In game reporting was done followed by support ticket submission for cheating Rigged Battle specific.

In the second instance a 2 CV per side with 1 Pirate CA per side our Kaga CV moved only to a broadside position to any approaching red ships or aircraft and stopped and did not launch any planes. This gave red teams CVs full run of the map decimating us. The red team Pirate HSF Graf Spee followed by others entered our base and the Spee easily sank our Kaga with a devastating torp strike.

All 3 of these players blatantly cheated the 2 on my teams succeeded in throwing the battle to the red team and the Red team Sims attempt to throw the battle to my team would have succeeded had we done better.

If you see such blatant cheating report it with the in battle reports note the names and action and submit a support ticket for Rigged Battle.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,121 posts
13,380 battles

@Vangm94 They have the proof and all they have to do is review the match based on the reported time date map battle type and the offenders names!

Go ahead and condone the cheating by not reporting it!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles

Replays are needed and you should watch them yourself before starting a ticket. What you see may be far different than what you saw in the heat of the moment.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles

So why aren't you pinging the mods like you do every time anyone else complains about something????? 

Go submit a report and get them banned if it was so blatant. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4

[HINON]
Supertester
7,548 posts
7,695 battles
12 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Vangm94 They have the proof and all they have to do is review the match based on the reported time date map battle type and the offenders names!

Go ahead and condone the cheating by not reporting it!

They actually need to have the replay sent to them by you, otherwise they have nothing to look at.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
12,192 battles

Its hard to get a 13 year old to take a game seriously. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,250 posts
7 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Its hard to get a 13 year old to take a game seriously. 

I dunno about that....My little brother plays Fortnite just as seriously as I play World of Warships.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,299 posts
4,971 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

In 2 of 8 battles today 3 players, 2 on my team and 1 on an enemy team deliberately took actions to throw the game to the opponents. In the 1st case team mate Mogami working off pink deliberately stayed in place AFK even under attack and did nothing until near the end of our losing battle when he finally moved sank 1 enemy and was then sunk. All the while during this brief time he was spouting off about calls for him by both teams to be reported and a red team Sims that did nothing but move to a hide and sit doing nothing. In game reporting was done followed by support ticket submission for cheating Rigged Battle specific.

In the second instance a 2 CV per side with 1 Pirate CA per side our Kaga CV moved only to a broadside position to any approaching red ships or aircraft and stopped and did not launch any planes. This gave red teams CVs full run of the map decimating us. The red team Pirate HSF Graf Spee followed by others entered our base and the Spee easily sank our Kaga with a devastating torp strike.

All 3 of these players blatantly cheated the 2 on my teams succeeded in throwing the battle to the red team and the Red team Sims attempt to throw the battle to my team would have succeeded had we done better.

If you see such blatant cheating report it with the in battle reports note the names and action and submit a support ticket for Rigged Battle.

What I see is a anger (emotional) driven assumption about the intent of other players.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,693 posts
6,094 battles
5 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I dunno about that....My little brother plays Fortnite just as seriously as I play World of Warships.

I've seen my grandmother play an intense match of Candy Crush, but I doubt she can be serious about Warships.

[CVA16]
Members
2,754 posts
6,677 battles

Concentrate more on your own play. Don't sweat that crud. It just makes you mad. It used to bother me but I don't care anymore about it.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
12,192 battles
48 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Shhh....

Don't let us adults learn of the serious cash you can win by playing their tourneys...

[NOBS]
Members
642 posts
6,664 battles

Playing poorly isn't cheating!

Being afk isn't cheating!

Hiding isn't cheating!

What they are is playing poorly, being afk and hiding! 

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles
1 hour ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I think I've seen him streaming. Does he have green hair??? Lol

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,812 battles

People play badly. Wasting customer service's time reporting everyone who does stupid [edited] is coutnerproductive to the rest of us, because then we can't get help for stuff that actually matters.

• Bad 1

[XXX]
Members
840 posts
2,764 battles

FTR, there are players that will sync drop but then not attack their own friends. Have seen it a few times before & submitted replays. Then you get the ones that load into the game & do nothing. (guns are turned). Or the ones that head straight for the border & do nothing.

While yes, some play badly, but there are griefers as well which needs to be reported.

Simply ignoring it is condoning it.

Members
2,266 posts
1,039 battles
2 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I have seen my son rage over that game. 

• Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

Only players I report are either horrible teams or bot CVs. I also only report in game and I do not submit any tickets. I will always ask a reversing into the wall bot CV player if he is a bot. All he will ever need to do is say something and I will not report him. Though I guess I am a snitch for reporting bot CVs, just ask Umikami. He is the one who called me a snitch. But hey, I thought we wanted good CVs on our teams so that we can win. 

I will always ask before I send a report on who I think is a bot CV. I will ask him up to five times:

• Ryujo,are you a bot?
  • Ryujo you there?
  • Ryujo are you a bot?
  • Reporting the bot CV

CVs who "can't type because they are busy" have no excuse for not typing. Planes take time to reach their target so all CV players have more than plenty of time to read and reply. It is a lot less harder to get stuck in tunnel vision compared to any other ship. But hey, I'm a snitch for either wanting a good CV on my side or because I want a good CV fight and for the enemy team to have that good a CV too. I hate one sided defeats and I do not enjoy low tier one sided victories much either. I enjoy a good battle that is hard fought by both teams whether they are a defeat or a victory. But I guess I am snitch for wanting everyone enjoy the game.

Members
572 posts
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Only players I report are either horrible teams or bot CVs. I also only report in game and I do not submit any tickets. I will always ask a reversing into the wall bot CV player if he is a bot. All he will ever need to do is say something and I will not report him. Though I guess I am a snitch for reporting bot CVs, just ask Umikami. He is the one who called me a snitch. But hey, I thought we wanted good CVs on our teams so that we can win. 

I will always ask before I send a report on who I think is a bot CV. I will ask him up to five times:

• Ryujo,are you a bot?
  • Ryujo you there?
  • Ryujo are you a bot?
  • Reporting the bot CV

CVs who "can't type because they are busy" have no excuse for not typing. Planes take time to reach their target so all CV players have more than plenty of time to read and reply. It is a lot less harder to get stuck in tunnel vision compared to any other ship. But hey, I'm a snitch for either wanting a good CV on my side or because I want a good CV fight and for the enemy team to have that good a CV too. I hate one sided defeats and I do not enjoy low tier one sided victories much either. I enjoy a good battle that is hard fought by both teams whether they are a defeat or a victory. But I guess I am snitch for wanting everyone enjoy the game.

I guess I am a Bot I refuse to type in chat. Just because I can.

• Funny 1

0 posts
5 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

zIQpPUI.gif

• Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
9 hours ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I guess I am a Bot I refuse to type in chat. Just because I can.

I would agree. Up to you to chat, up to you to be a bot. On the other hand, if I can see that you are not a reversing CV and that you are being active in the game, why would I ask?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,963 posts
13,193 battles
17 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

In the 1st case team mate Mogami working off pink deliberately stayed in place AFK even under attack and did nothing until near the end of our losing battle when he finally moved sank 1 enemy and was then sunk. All the while during this brief time he was spouting off about calls for him by both teams to be reported...

Assuming your assessment is correct on intent, a better tactic is to inform the AFK player that pink works off more quickly based on performance.  In many cases, particularly with someone who may already be irritated (justified or not does not matter). a carrot is better than a stick.  Instead of "Report XYZ because he is AFK"....try "Hey, XYZ, everyone gets pink...no big deal.  Just play for fun...you work pink off faster when you play and perform".  The former (reporting) just escalates a mindset and creates unneeded friction.   The latter is a de-escalation tactic that helps ameliorate the player's frustration, shows some empathy (i.e., "everyone gets pink") and may be just what's needed to REVERSE the mindset and get them back in the game.

Doesn't always work.  But it does sometimes.  So...try the carrot.