You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Loyal sharks players need compensated for this unfair Go Navy event

15 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
3,302 posts
9,758 battles

This event was super unfair for the sharks players trying to hit the leader board! All the ornithophobists were forced to play on a team where it was harder to place on the leader board than it was on the eagles team. We were cheated out of our rightful crates by a poorly thought out event. 

Consistently, day after day, the numbers for placing on the eagles leader boards were significantly lower than the numbers to place on the sharks leader boards. The eagles players had an easier time of it throughout the whole event. 

The sharks players deserve compensation in some form from WG. Nothing big, just 5k doubloons and 10k steel, for sticking it out on a more difficult team. 

Spoiler

This satirical post brought to you in part by:

Sand Sculpters of Antarctica

We hope it might have shown how silly the opposite argument sounds. Sit back and be grateful for a bunch of goodies from WG. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
9,597 battles

You messed up. You should have post a reply a day or two from now pointing out this was satire.

Edited by SavageTactical

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
298 posts
16,451 battles

Yeah, it's like it's hard(er) to hit the leader board at Harvard University vs Shaw University. 

Are you sure you play Shark cause your avatar is a bird?

Edited by SoftAndCute

[OO7]
Members
3,302 posts
9,758 battles
3 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

You messed up. You should have post a reply a day or two from now pointing out this was satire.

Past experience with mods have me labeling satire as such. Plus I get to have fun coming up with a new advertiser for each satire post. 

Members
4,923 posts
5,708 battles
12 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Even better if it's put in as a tag rather than posting once the thread has died.

Aside from the satire of the OP, I think it was fair. Easier to place on the Eagles leader board, but Sharks members all got a crate at the end of the day for winning. It balances out.

[OO7]
Members
3,302 posts
9,758 battles
1 minute ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Even better if it's put in as a tag rather than posting once the thread has died.

Aside from the satire of the OP, I think it was fair. Easier to place on the Eagles leader board, but Sharks members all got a crate at the end of the day for winning. It balances out.

I got 1 free t10 camo and another for minimal investment. I was happy regardless of how the crates turned out. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,570 posts
12,220 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

This event was super unfair for the sharks players trying to hit the leader board! All the ornithophobists were forced to play on a team where it was harder to place on the leader board than it was on the eagles team. We were cheated out of our rightful crates by a poorly thought out event. 

Consistently, day after day, the numbers for placing on the eagles leader boards were significantly lower than the numbers to place on the sharks leader boards. The eagles players had an easier time of it throughout the whole event. 

The sharks players deserve compensation in some form from WG. Nothing big, just 5k doubloons and 10k steel, for sticking it out on a more difficult team. 

Reveal hidden contents

This satirical post brought to you in part by:

Sand Sculpters of Antarctica

We hope it might have shown how silly the opposite argument sounds. Sit back and be grateful for a bunch of goodies from WG. 

I started put on Eagles, reaped the containers and got my max tokens. I then switched to sharks...

I really do not think it was unfair.

Just because you didn't place top 100 every day, doesn't make it a bad event.

[OO7]
Members
3,302 posts
9,758 battles
29 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

So, why not hop over to the other team for a day or two if it was so much easier?

Ornithophobia, obviously. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

[OO7]
Members
3,302 posts
9,758 battles
1 minute ago, poeticmotion said:

Nice bait. I was already composing a scathing reply before realizing it was satire. 

The compensation requested must have been a teeny bit high. Either that or the spoiler tipped you off.... Lol:Smile_teethhappy:

Was getting sick of people complaining about free stuff... 

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
518 posts
5,645 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The compensation requested must have been a teeny bit high. Either that or the spoiler tipped you off.... Lol:Smile_teethhappy:

Was getting sick of people complaining about free stuff... 

Free stuff is inherently more valuable when you pay for it.

Clearly a poorly considered event.

[OO7]
Members
3,302 posts
9,758 battles
4 minutes ago, SmokeHenge said:

Free stuff is inherently more valuable when you pay for it.

Clearly a poorly considered event.

Wait? You paid for free stuff??? You know that you can't have receive an item for free if you've paid for it right? 

You might want to rethink your meaning of free or ask for a refund or something. 

Whoever is charging you for sunlight and fresh air has you hoodwinked good. 

[TSPC]
Members
2,377 posts
7,249 battles
16 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Wait? You paid for free stuff??? You know that you can't have receive an item for free if you've paid for it right? 

You might want to rethink your meaning of free or ask for a refund or something. 

Whoever is charging you for sunlight and fresh air has you hoodwinked good. 

tbh if you steal money you can get it for free, not sure if that's what @SmokeHenge is meaning or not though.