You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
firemedic1428

This pirate thing is probably one of the worst ideas yet

60 comments in this topic

[NANF]
Beta Testers
276 posts
2,188 battles

In addition to the normal clueless players on the weekend, now we add a single ship that the whole team sails around the map chasing, all the while ignoring caps or at the very least, supporting them. 4 slow BBs chasing a pirate Makarov on a flank of the map is pure trash. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,015 posts
10,828 battles

Lol Weekend or Holidays can be known to do the same exact thing when there is not an event...

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NANF]
Beta Testers
276 posts
2,188 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol Weekend or Holiday reams can be known to do the same exact thing when there is not an event...

My point, so now its twice as bad. 

[RKLES]
Members
9,015 posts
10,828 battles
5 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

My point, so now its twice as bad. 

No about the same or actually a little better.

• Boring 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
668 posts
1,755 battles

Wouldn't know...being in the PST time zone they cut off the pirate invasion before I even log on, so haven't seen any in my matches...

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles

It is the same thing as the Corgi Fleet with a few tweaks on times and ship types. If is a way for free players and anyone else, to get some doubloons, containers and flags. The Corgi Fleet sailed a few times a year and I think the Pirate Fleet will do the same. It is just to have some fun, sink some WG staff, CCs and fellow players. Relax. One weekend of a bit of craziness will not doom your Grind to Glory.

Not to mention, if the Pirate is on your team, you should get good shots on the other team while they chase the pirate. If the pirate is on the other team, shoot at the people defending the pirate. I'm sure some of them will get out of position defending the pirate. Or play Ops all weekend.

• Cool 7

[-BRS-]
Members
2,825 posts
16,362 battles

I don't know it's been kind of fun

trying to find them down at the lower tiers I haven't been down there for a while and I finally got one :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

I don't know it's been kind of fun

trying to find them down at the lower tiers I haven't been down there for a while and I finally got one :cap_like:

Shiny. Congrats.

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

Thanks 1st one ever:fish_haloween:

I never got to sink a Corgi and haven't got a Pirate, but I did get to be a Corgi in the last Corgi event. It was a lot of fun! Especially, getting to play the special ships like the Iwaki Alpha, Ark Beta, Flint and Black.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
2,825 posts
16,362 battles

I never got a corgi either It's hard when all 12 people are shooting at the same guy at once:cap_rambo:

I'm tempted to apply maybe for the next one it looks like it's fun 

Beta Testers
607 posts
3,811 battles
57 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

In addition to the normal clueless players on the weekend, now we add a single ship that the whole team sails around the map chasing, all the while ignoring caps or at the very least, supporting them. 4 slow BBs chasing a pirate Makarov on a flank of the map is pure trash. 

Shh reroll

[VW]
Members
2,599 posts
14,662 battles

I’m guessing you are unable to kill a pirate while sniping in back in your orion or kaiser...

i love the events, it’s a great way to earn dubloons!

• Boring 1

[H_]
Members
2,173 posts

The whole team stopped playing the match and chased the pirate and the match was a disaster since everyone died trying to get some free stuff???

[ARGSY]
Members
1,816 posts
11,639 battles
1 hour ago, firemedic1428 said:

The pirates are all playing in one tier at a time in 3 hour blocks. There are 9 other tiers you could play instead.

This has been a fun little addition to the normal grind that was well executed and co-ordinated, and provided an opportunity for some great bonuses. Stop whining about something so easily avoided should you decide it's not for you.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,816 posts
11,639 battles

ALSO, there's co-op and scenarios if the great unwashed masses of random play don't behave the way you would like.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,816 posts
11,639 battles
11 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

what they should have done is pirate team vs normal team, the winning team get rewards

No, this was fine and fun.

• Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,364 posts

This post proves... people will bitxh about absolutely everything.

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles

Just a bit of fun, like the Corgi fleet.  Simply don't play the tier Pirates are playing and you don't have to worry about it.  9 Tiers to choose from (except the current Pirate one).

[ARGSY]
Members
1,816 posts
11,639 battles
5 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

This post proves... people will bitxh about absolutely everything.

It's almost hard to believe.

• Boring 1

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,765 posts
3,071 battles

LOL Sank 4 today.

I didn't run into the pirates. The Pirates ran into me.