You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Did my best but no hope for the Eagles

If you finished the Go Navy Event having never switched teams Sharks or Eagles, do you feel like you have earned some extra credit for the Event?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. If you finished the Go Navy Event having never switched teams Sharks or Eagles, do you feel like you have earned some extra credit for the Event?

• Yes
    • No

30 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,379 battles

So yesterday and into the wee hours of the morning I did all I could to Carry the Eagles to their first win in this event.

So I brought out the BB's mainly Yamato and a Huge pot of Coffee and prepared to Carry like never before for a night  that went 39 battles.

After it was all said and done I finished tied for 2nd atop the leader board and won 79 % of my Tier X battles... so 30 or 31 out of 39.

But even though the Eagles top 100 I think did better than the sharks top 100 overall It was still not meant to be.

There is still some time left but I do not think it will happen.

5b79b05f48c31_gonavy.thumb.png.7ae4748cacde4d20bcbbed6b32d16ee6.png

5b79b1b3d060b_epicnight.png.8b9a2a8595bc6000590aa99babcb42b8.png

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

[HKC]
Members
283 posts

What is actually not going to happen?   I don't get the event really.  Particularly when one is able to swap teams if one team is losing. What is the goal again?

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,379 battles
2 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

What is actually not going to happen?   I don't get the event really.  Particularly when one is able to swap teams if one team is losing. What is the goal again?

The Eagles are getting skunked..... Have not won a day in the event yet.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles

Ya, ive purchased numerous boxes and got the perm camos I wanted and several other goodies, from here on out I am johny  turncoat switching teams daily for the extra box.....Although if I stay Sharks,,,i still get that box at the end of the day for winning the day right? hmmm, outthinking myself.....which is easy to do.

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,516 battles
18 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

So yesterday and into the wee hours of the morning I did all I could to Carry the Eagles to their first win in this event.

So I brought out the BB's mainly Yamato and a Huge pot of Coffee and prepared to Carry like never before for a night  that went 39 battles.

After it was all said and done I finished tied for 2nd atop the leader board and won 79 % of my Tier X battles... so 30 or 31 out of 39.

But even though the Eagles top 100 I think did better than the sharks top 100 overall It was still not meant to be.

God bless you mister!  You did your best to help the eagles..
tenor.gif?itemid=5165008

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,379 battles
9 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

@GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND 39 battles in one night? I bow to you sir. Such dedication must be praised. My personal best 25 spread throughout the day.

Yeah i did not get to bed until like 5:00 in the morning lol.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,373 posts
4,243 battles
23 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5165008

Wilfred! 

That was one of the saddest moments in television history.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,379 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

I was there helping you as well the one battle. Can't remember which one though. 

I remember... you was in the ZAO on land of fire.

You took the far cap and I worked the other side.

That was at like 3 in the morning I think lol

[OO7]
Members
4,744 posts
11,476 battles
5 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I remember... you was in the ZAO on land of fire.

You took the far cap and I worked the other side.

That was at like 3 in the morning I think lol

Oh right, with the extremely salty Cleveland on the enemy team. 

LOL, I may have contributed to keeping him triggered in chat... 

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
5,084 posts
12,230 battles
1 hour ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Two questions:

>  What makes you think that you as an individual can carry a win for the Eagles?

>  Why do you even care?

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

As a mainly Eagles player, it has saddened my heart to see the glorious Eagles doomed to go 0-25. I really hope that Wargaming really looks back on the event and thinks "What did we do wrong".

I salute you, sir, for your admirable dedication to the Eagles, even though it was in vain. o7

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
4 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

As a mainly Eagles player, it has saddened my heart to see the glorious Eagles doomed to go 0-25. I really hope that Wargaming really looks back on the event and thinks "What did we do wrong".

I salute you, sir, for your admirable dedication to the Eagles, even though it was in vain. o7

I'm not the veteran many of you are of this game. But from what I've read about other events they seem to keep experimenting from scratch as opposed to just tweeking. I doubt they will bring this event back as it seems to be tied primarily to the USN cruiser split. Maybe next summer they can come up with a more balanced event. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,379 battles
13 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Two questions:

>  What makes you think that you as an individual can carry a win for the Eagles?

>  Why do you even care?

One answer:

> Pride

But to be more clear no one person can carry a team that is constantly switching sides.

I meant it as in of those who have been loyal this entire time and never switched I put up as many points as i could and played my best all night.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,775 battles
56 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

@GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND 39 battles in one night? I bow to you sir. Such dedication must be praised. My personal best 25 spread throughout the day.

I'm good for ten myself. 

Members
980 posts

The entire war effort was up to the OP...he blew it for us....

It was nothing more than a Masters Degree Psyc Thesis. Someone posted the info. I suspect someone at WOWs is getting a degree. It involves decision making and team cohesiveness for strangers on a new team.  The game presented large number of possible participants that decreases error. 

Sorryto burst bubbles my fine test subjects .....

(ADD VERy EVIL Laugh here)

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Funny 1

[BLUFD]
Members
13 posts
2,933 battles

I kinda hope they give some sort of of compensation for eagles players like a few extra tokens before the event is removed from the arsenal. Other wise its was all for nothing.  

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
59 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

I'm not the veteran many of you are of this game.

Neither am I. I've only been playing for about a year, far less than some.

57 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

I doubt they will bring this event back

Yea, what I meant was that they wouldn't bring back this event specifically, but might do something like it in the future. If you would like to read my thoughts on the event see the thread below.

1 hour ago, Sped_Gax said:

Maybe next summer they can come up with a more balanced event. 

I hope they can too. Thanks for the reply to my post.

• Cool 1

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
2 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

hope they can too. Thanks for the reply to my post.

Yw

[OO7]
Members
4,744 posts
11,476 battles
56 minutes ago, HighestMetal said:

I kinda hope they give some sort of of compensation for eagles players like a few extra tokens before the event is removed from the arsenal. Other wise its was all for nothing.  

And how do they determine that. You had the choice each and every day to pick which team to go with. 

Do they reward those that were eagles the whole way, those who ended as eagles, those who were eagle at least once? 

People are whining over 60 or so signals and 6k coal. When they probably have gotten a 5k doubloons camo regardless of the team they were on. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,379 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

And how do they determine that. You had the choice each and every day to pick which team to go with. 

Do they reward those that were eagles the whole way, those who ended as eagles, those who were eagle at least once? 

People are whining over 60 or so signals and 6k coal. When they probably have gotten a 5k doubloons camo regardless of the team they were on. 

Well if you played each day for the same team I imagine that if you finished with 107 or more loyalty points for one team then chances are you never switched?