You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Favourite Low Tier Ships

44 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

Do you still play Low Tier ships? I really like the ships from Russo-Japanese War to First World War periods. The only drawback I have playing those ships is that the queues are significantly longer compared to that other tiers. From Tier II to Tier IV, what are your favourite and most played ships if someone still play them? Is funny to play Lower Tier ships with 10 points captains, I mostly play japanese destroyers Tachibana, Umikaze, Wakatake and Isokaze with concealment Expert skill. I sometimes play russian protected cruisers such as Bogatyr, Aurora and Diana.

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
2 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

Do you still play Low Tier ships? I really like the ships from Russo-Japanese War to First World War periods. The only drawback I have playing those ships is that the queues are significantly longer compared to that other tiers. From Tier II to Tier IV, what are your favourite and most played ships if someone still play them? Is funny to play Lower Tier ships with 10 points captains, I mostly play japanese destroyers Tachibana, Umikaze, Wakatake and Isokaze with concealment Expert skill. I sometimes play russian protected cruisers such as Bogatyr, Aurora and Diana.

No, that would make me feel dirty. The only time I generally play low tiers is in my Tier II premiums(working off pink) or if I'm actually grinding their lines.

[PLPT]
Members
210 posts
9,924 battles

I play them occasionally, St Louis for tier 3, and Ishizuchi and Svietlana for tier 4.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,124 posts
22,202 battles

Imp Niko, Ark Beta, Gremlin, Kamikaze...

[HYDRO]
Members
3,449 posts
4,940 battles

Shenyang for when I help some of my friends grind through tiers, otherwise not really playing  Tier IV and lower.

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

St louis and bogatyr are my favorote tier 3 cruisers. Derzki is my favorite tier 3 destroyer. For me the rest I've played are meh. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
563 posts
12,692 battles

Black Swan, Imp. Nikolai, Ceaser, Derzki

Beta Testers
1,250 posts
9,081 battles

None. Low tiers are like Mario Kart on water and not fun because of short gun ranges.

If trashing some guy with a few dozen games feeds your self esteem good for you. 

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
15,221 posts
10,100 battles
1 hour ago, Avrova1904 said:

I have kept all the ships that I have purchased. I have every line up to T6 and most to T7. I go back and play them periodically. I will use the low tier premiums to farm that little bit extra XP for a first win bonus some days. I play mostly PvE, so I'm not clubbing anyone. If I did play PvP in a low tier ship, I have play less than 1k games, so I don't think I would make a good seal clubber.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Some low tier ships are worth holding onto, others, not so much.

I like Vampire, Bogatyr, and Clemson the most from the lower tiered offerings.(St.Louis was really good too). Tenryu is underappreciated. I got many of my WoWs "firsts" in Tenryu and it is fantastic for learning the basics of the game.

Konig Albert and Orion are almost abusive, along with good old Imperator Nikolai.

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

Vampire and Tachibana Lima, as they are the only two Premiums that I have so I play em alot. (Plus I really like the Tachibana L b/c of its ~20s torp reload)

[FOG]
Members
583 posts
6,152 battles

Black Swan (which may change with the 0.7.8 nerf)

Hermelin

Konig Albert

[PVE]
Members
15,221 posts
10,100 battles
2 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Vampire and Tachibana Lima, as they are the only two Premiums that I have so I play em alot. (Plus I really like the Tachibana L b/c of its ~20s torp reload)

if you can get a hold of the T2 Smith, it has 11 second base torp reload. The reload goes to 9.9 seconds with the 3 pt Torpedo Armament Expertise skill. Add in AR and you can get it even faster. They are 4.5km torps that have 54 knots speed and hit for max 6,033 damage. The T2 Smith has 3 single fire tubes. One on each side of the DD and one to the rear that can swing to both sides. It has five single 76.2mm guns, so you aren't going to get big hits, but they reload every 3.5 seconds, so LOTS of pew, pew.

Some day I will make a DD captain with PT, LS, SE, CE, TAE, BFT, AR, PM to be able to take full advantage of the Smith.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

if you can get a hold of the T2 Smith,

Yea, I've tried to get the Smith, but I haven't ever got enough doubloons to get it, so the Tachibana will do for me. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
4,536 posts
15,416 battles

FOr me,

• ISOKAZE, always number one. A great ship using the CE, torp range, and short torp reload meta. A great ship
  • T-140, Great Torp DD trainer.
  • CLEMSON, fantastic gun ship

When I need a break from grinding other lines, in the low tiers these are my go to ships. I am even tolerable to NOOB errors because hell its just for fun. In the upper tiers on the other hand, I expect a little bit more from both sides. Sometimes, someone will come up short.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,904 battles
1 hour ago, Sped_Gax said:

St louis and bogatyr are my favorote tier 3 cruisers. Derzki is my favorite tier 3 destroyer. For me the rest I've played are meh. 

Love playing the St Louis and Bogatyr. Just fun to drop  down sometimes

• Cool 1

[13CLM]
Members
346 posts
2,206 battles

I play the K Albert a bunch, very fun and cool ship. I use her in my german rotation for captain leveling, so most of the time she has high level CPT driving her.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,481 posts
15,371 battles

Umikazi....I feel so dirty playing her.

Mikasa for the lulls...

Albert just because...

Arkansas beta.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,886 posts
19,277 battles

Tier III:

Either Konig Albert or the "Low Tier Russian Vodka-Fire Breathing Dragon," 130mm Bogatyr.

Tier IV:

Orion or Imp.Nikolai I.  Clemson, but I don't play DDs much.  Langley or Hosho are solid, powerful.  Low Tier AA is nonexistent, so the IV CVs run rampant.

Tier V:

If I were a DD guy, the Fujin / Kamikaze family of DD clones.  Then you got Caesar.  Bogue or Zuiho are very strong CVs, unless they run into Double CV matches where Tier VI CVs with Strafe are present.

Edit:  I forgot to mention Gremyaschy!

Most Cruisers in low tier are downright garbage.  Many of the game's squishiest Cruisers are found in low tier.  Even Destroyers can citadel the sh*t out of them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1