Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RECON_RANGER

sell Coal now for a ship, or wait?

10 comments in this topic

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles

I think I saw on the test server Arsenal that you can't buy ships with Coal.  Does anybody know if that is true?

Should I spend my coal now on a tier 5 or 6 ship or wait and hope I can buy the Musashi later?

[-WPG-]
Members
972 posts
3,904 battles

You can't run premium ships on the PTS.  That's why you can't buy ships with coal there. If WG were removing ships from the arsenal, we'd know in advance. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
754 posts
4,030 battles

Yes, thank you.  I'm saving coal for the Musa and my heart skipped a beat when I read the first post.  

Members
641 posts

Musashi, DC mod and Special IJN Captain right?

I am a little surprised that there is still a big rush to Getz Premium Ships. First everything that is some form of Competition involves Tier 10. But you and others must have a reason to get a mediocre (IMHO) Premium Tier 9 or lower ship. Without the mods and special Captain you will be at a disadvantage to others. Then when you are playing against Tier 10 Yamato you will be at an even larger disadvantage from the Unique mod. 

FYI I spent all my Go Navy points on getting containers of coal and then all coal on mods. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
128 posts
2,223 battles
1 hour ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I am a little surprised that there is still a big rush to Getz Premium Ships. First everything that is some form of Competition involves Tier 10. But you and others must have a reason to get a mediocre (IMHO) Premium Tier 9 or lower ship. Without the mods and special Captain you will be at a disadvantage to others. Then when you are playing against Tier 10 Yamato you will be at an even larger disadvantage from the Unique mod. 

FYI I spent all my Go Navy points on getting containers of coal and then all coal on mods. 

Maybe it's because a ship like the Salem isn't available on the tech tree for doubloons.  Or a ship like the Aigle is, but you don't have enough doubloons to spend.   Or not enough free xp to get the Musashi?  I have 191k free xp at this point, far short of the 750k needed, whereas I have 63k coal right now (about 1/3 of the way to the 176k needed) but thanks to a 25% coupon I have that doesn't expire until late December, I only need 68k more coal which is a lot closer to happening than the free xp goal.  

And since I'm still new-ish in terms of battles played (<1000), I don't have a strong feel for most of my ships yet and don't see the value in putting mods on them only to have to use doubloons, of which I have very few, to demount those mods should I move on to a higher tech tree ship.  Currently only some of my premiums use mods. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles

I'm not interested in the Musashi or the Salem, as I already have the Yamato and Des Moines.  I'm going to save my coal in the hopes that the Alaska or perhaps the Jean Bart will be coal/FXP ships.

Members
641 posts

Flamu has a video out about this push to tier 10 and how it forces players to push to and then play Tier 10 or get left behind with inferior ships. I am kind of interested in WOWs strategy because players seem VERY interested in acquiring Tier 9 and below. Perhaps new events?

Note - Kronstadt is a bear to fight. Jean Bart, Stalingrad, Alaska are definitely worth looking at. Just put a 19 point Captain on them so to earn elite Capt points. That way the fxp and paid fxp are not the only benefit

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[TIMT]
Alpha Tester
74 posts

All depends on what you want.  Current coal ships are not going anywhere, and the community cry for the Alaska, plus it being tier 9, leads most to believe it will be the next FXP ship.

Sign in to follow this