Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

A Camo suggestion

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
694 posts
13,985 battles

This Richi 'camo' is very nice. It's just that the underlying metal shows rust and whatnot. 

I am terrible with Paintshop, etc. But I pictured this with the metal parts being mostly white. I think that would bring out the gold accents, but some other color might work better. 

The point being, this camo is supposed to be elegant and right now it looks more like a Buick Regal up on blocks. (I'm from Texas, so cars on blocks is a redneck thing :) )

shot-18.08.19_06.35.44-0262.jpg

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,603 posts
16,675 battles

@RevTKS Early on before camo the rust present on all the ships added that touch of realism. Then there came decorative premiums ie Albany that seemed to spur the gee now rust on the ships shows a lack of pride of ones ships appearance. Then came the camos that when applied removed all of the rust making camo equipped ships pretty. Now with the current iteration of camo we have the inevitable rust showing through adding once again that touch of realism.  

I do agree that this particular decorative camo over white would look better even if the rust was still visible. Pretty and Real all in one.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
694 posts
13,985 battles
34 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@RevTKS Early on before camo the rust present on all the ships added that touch of realism. Then there came decorative premiums ie Albany that seemed to spur the gee now rust on the ships shows a lack of pride of ones ships appearance. Then came the camos that when applied removed all of the rust making camo equipped ships pretty. Now with the current iteration of camo we have the inevitable rust showing through adding once again that touch of realism.  

I do agree that this particular decorative camo over white would look better even if the rust was still visible. Pretty and Real all in one.

That's actually a better idea. I like it. What it's doing right now, just looks unfinished I guess.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,272 posts
5,683 battles
4 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

We need bacon strip camo

Bacon makes EVERYTHING better! :cap_like:

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,603 posts
16,675 battles

@RevTKS as a favor to you. @Femennenly RevTKS here has a good idea for an aesthetic enhancement for the Richelieu decorative gold camo. White for the rest of the ship ie the cup and saucer in an above comment.  

• Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
563 posts
12,703 battles
4 hours ago, RevTKS said:

This Richi 'camo' is very nice. It's just that the underlying metal shows rust and whatnot. 

I am terrible with Paintshop, etc. But I pictured this with the metal parts being mostly white. I think that would bring out the gold accents, but some other color might work better. 

The point being, this camo is supposed to be elegant and right now it looks more like a Buick Regal up on blocks. (I'm from Texas, so cars on blocks is a redneck thing :) )

shot-18.08.19_06.35.44-0262.jpg

If I understand it, you want an all white ship with the existing gold trim pieces?  If so, that sounds pretty elegant, and I'd support it.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
662 posts
10,206 battles
4 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

We need bacon strip camo

baconbikini01.jpg.8d71d29738e0c05e684255645ccbca93.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Bacon makes EVERYTHING better! :cap_like:

:Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,439 posts
15,065 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

She'll always look like some watery tart (as Monty Python would say).

Wouldn't a tart/torte have white or maybe pink icing?

And I don't mean bacon pink … that's just Hannibal Lecter territory

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF5]
Members
694 posts
13,985 battles
3 hours ago, nagasakee said:

If I understand it, you want an all white ship with the existing gold trim pieces?  If so, that sounds pretty elegant, and I'd support it.

Yep, that's the idea and thanks!

[WOLF5]
Members
694 posts
13,985 battles
3 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@RevTKS as a favor to you. @Femennenly RevTKS here has a good idea for an aesthetic enhancement for the Richelieu decorative gold camo. White for the rest of the ship ie the cup and saucer in an above comment.  

Wow, thank you!

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,603 posts
16,675 battles

@RevTKS All you have to do for a suggestion to get looked at is send it to a WG developer or in this case WG Staff.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this