You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jsharpe3

How to buy Enterprise

26 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
33 posts
1,347 battles

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I can't say enough how much I love this game. I'm not very good but the game has lots to do besides me getting sunk all the time lol. I was wondering though how do you purchase the Enterprise along with other premium ships that aren't listed in the shop any longer?

• Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
25,965 posts
11,447 battles

Enterprise may come back to the premium store at intervals unknown to us through welcome to the forums /^_\\ b

• Cool 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles
45 minutes ago, jsharpe3 said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I can't say enough how much I love this game. I'm not very good but the game has lots to do besides me getting sunk all the time lol. I was wondering though how do you purchase the Enterprise along with other premium ships that aren't listed in the shop any longer?

Well for one...if you are admittedly "not very good" and you have such a small amount of battles, dont buy high tier premiums. You arent ready for the level of gameplay required and you will only be hurting your team and the level that everyone enjoys the game. Teammates in prem boats at higher tiers than the standard ships unlocked in their port are of no use to the game. Players like this only pad WGs pockets and ruin the experience for everyone else on the team.

• Cool 2

Members
411 posts
6,860 battles
15 minutes ago, k9kid12 said:

Well for one...if you are admittedly "not very good" and you have such a small amount of battles, dont buy high tier premiums. You arent ready for the level of gameplay required and you will only be hurting your team and the level that everyone enjoys the game. Teammates in prem boats at higher tiers than the standard ships unlocked in their port are of no use to the game. Players like this only pad WGs pockets and ruin the experience for everyone else on the team.

I don’t think the game is too complex for most people to grasp quickly, a reasonably smart person can do just fine in a higher tier match with a few hundred battles of experience no problem.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[USCG]
Members
246 posts
13,404 battles

Ships come & go from the premium shop. Sometimes they never come back though (Belfast & Gremy for example) because they are considered OP by some. Enterprise will probably return someday, hang in there. I do agree with some of the comments above regarding skill level and high tier premium ships (especially carriers). It can be rather frustrating at the end of a loss to see your Tirpitz operator who did nothing sailing around the outer borders of the map only had 200 random games under their belt and has only ground their way to level four in battleships.

Anywho, welcome aboard. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,657 posts
2,339 battles

Short answer is you can't. The Big E will probably return at some point though.

However, don't buy high tier premiums unless you have unlocked high tier line ships. Jumping into a T8 premium when your highest ship is T5 will only get you slaughtered by the T10s. You learn a lot from grinding up a line. This is especially true for CVs. If you as a brand new mediocre player loaded up a T8 CV, especially one as quirky as the Enterprise, you'd have no idea what was going on, be no help to the team, and give the reds a huge advantage. For your own sake and the sake of your team grind up to T8 before buying a T8 premium.

• Cool 2

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@jsharpe3 I applaud your enthusiasm and welcome you to the game and this forum. Premium ships come and go from the shop and from time to time may be offered in the tech tree for an absorbent amount of free xp plus 1 credit. Also if tradition holds WG will have a Christmas Themed Event with inexpensive gift packages you can buy for yourself or gift to others. The surprise in some of the gifts is one of a variety of premium ships. WG usually advises us before the event what ships are associated with gifts of various prices. ie $3 gifts are more likely to contain low tier premiums such as Bogatyr and $10 gifts higher tier such as Tirpitz. This is a great way to get high $ priced items on the cheap but you should be aware that you may well spend in excess of $100 easily. I know I did but at the time I could afford it and I cleaned up on port slots, commanders and doubloons since I already had several of the offered ships and once I had all the ones I was missing the duplicates doubloon value filled my doubloon account. I still haven't spent all of them.

One last point. Do not let anyone talk you out of buying any higher tier premium ship ie this case the Big E. Buy whatever you want to but realize higher tier play CVs particular can be intense and if you aren't ready you wont do well and you will upset those on your team who worked their way to high tiers and also easy pickings for the opponents.

Good Luck! Carry On!

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
762 posts
7,130 battles
2 hours ago, Visidious said:

I don’t think the game is too complex for most people to grasp quickly, a reasonably smart person can do just fine in a higher tier match with a few hundred battles of experience no problem.

Except in a CV.

A novice can hinder a team in a high tier battle, but someone who buys a tier 8 CV and goes straight into it without slowly grinding CV's up through the lower tiers will, more often than not, HARM their team.

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,215 posts
5,096 battles

Premium carriers are confirmed to be out of the shop until the CV rework drops, which is at best coming next year.

• Cool 1

Members
572 posts
3,127 battles

Once the CV rework is done (ETA 2-4 months) I suspect we'll see all carriers re-released.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

CVs do not need a rework! Players who want to use then Need To Learn To Use Them just as those who are very good with them!

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,801 battles
13 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

CVs do not need a rework! Players who want to use then Need To Learn To Use Them just as those who are very good with them!

All they needed was a few changes to balance them for CV players and the rest of the player base the rework should never of needed to be done, if WG listened to people then they would of know the easy fix. give each line the same number of fighter planes and squads and remove strafe doing that will lower the skill gap for that part but also allows for CV to focus on striking. To balance it for surface ships CV not having strafe lower the alpha damage they do so when they hit it's not as much damage as it is now, change the loadouts for all CV but keep the flavour of each line tier 8 all CV have a 2-2-2 load out but at tier 6 IJN CV could be 1-2-1 and US CV 1-1-2. Just those few changes would of made the skill gap smaller and easier for new players to learn CV and with strafe gone they won't lose there whole squad in a second because they are facing someone that has more exp.

Just those changes would off helped with a lot of problems people have and complaints about CV but they wanted to do a rework which could not make CV play worse but also other parts of the game, with all the info we know so far best advice i can give is for DD to start to spot again even when a CV is in the match as come the rework CV won't be able to spot anymore.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@ausanimal Why eliminated the Capt Skill advantage? Pure [edited] unless all ships lose all Capt Skill Advantage. The different load out and squad sizes represent the reality of the period covered. Why mess with that? Yea strafe needs to go pure silliness and should never have been  added.

Reasonable change Players be given the option to form their air groups from a pool of fighters torp and dive bombers based on CVs capacity bombers = 2 capacity points and fighters = 1 capacity point. Bombers were larger.

Otherwise make all CVs generic for all nations and tiers with the same size speed hit points AA etc and aircraft capacity preset loadouts and the optional loadout above. The CVs just get larger faster and stronger with more planes with each tier.

But no CVs did not need a rework! Those wanting to use them need to stay in co op until they learn to use then wall as a few others have or just don't use them at all if they find them to difficult to get good at!

@Sub_Octavian Optional Loadouts and or vanilla cookie cutter generic CVs for all and do away wit strafe! Consider those please along with no CV rework at all!  

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,801 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Why eliminated the Capt Skill advantage? Pure [edited] unless all ships lose all Capt Skill Advantage. The different load out and squad sizes represent the reality of the period covered. Why mess with that? Yea strafe needs to go pure silliness and should never have been  added.

With out changing the number of fighter squads US CV need strafe to keep up with other CV as you move up the line changing the fighters will allow strafe to be removed, the other two can stay the same, but yet WG took US CV other loadouts away, nerfed hangers, lower tier planes i.e Midway because it is a game and people complained.

Giving people the choice will pretty much be fighters and TB and DB won't be used unless WG makes it you need at least 1 DB, as CV get bigger and more planes AA becomes more powerful to, at the start CV should have different loadout for IJN AND US but as you get to say tier 8 the basic loadout is 2-2-2.

That's what i mean just between the two of us we cam up with ideas on how to tackle the skill gap and loadouts/balance and could of stopped the need for a rework. But it's to late now for them to stop the rework and make changes.

The biggest problem i have with CV/WG when you get a tier 6 CV nothing tells  you about manual drops and strafe and a new player won't know about it, youtube videos i watched a few not one says at what tier you get it just how to do them. But i did that i wen't to co-op to learn strafe and manual drops but you need to move to random to get that skill better as AI bots don't really dodge drops and the other CV doesn't strafe.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@ausanimal As I remember manual drop and the how to info has been available from the beginning even in beta testing. There are only 2 things driving the rework! Complaints by those who do not want CVs in game at all ie TARGETS! and complaints from those who try CVs like them want to play them but don't want to do what it takes to get good like the few who are very good did. 

As for CVs being devastating when they get in good strikes Get A Clue They Are Supposed To Be! That's why BBs became history.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,801 battles
21 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

As I remember manual drop and the how to info has been available from the beginning even in beta testing. There are only 2 things driving the rework! Complaints by those who do not want CVs in game at all ie TARGETS! and complaints from those who try CVs like them want to play them but don't want to do what it takes to get good like the few who are very good did. 

As for CVs being devastating when they get in good strikes Get A Clue They Are Supposed To Be! That's why BBs became history.

The info is there somewhere and manual drop got removed from tier 4-5 and 5 so a lot of youtube videos were done when those tiers had it, would be handy if WG just made something to pop up to let them know they can now strafe and manual drop which  would you prefer players not knowing and going into battle and the other CV cleans the floor with them or a box pops up letting players know so they can go practice and then go random when they have the hang of it.

I won't complain if i can have 3-4 TB squads as i play CV  it's the other players that get hit and killed with all those squads that will and if i'm right WG removed US CV strike loadout because it was to powerful with iit's strike force. I'n real life yes that happened but in the game WG will change it and try to balance it which they screwed up on.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@ausanimal Then they should just go ahead and make the CVs Generic all the same all planes the same all everything the same and be done with it!

[FTWRK]
Members
56 posts
5,090 battles
On 8/19/2018 at 6:48 PM, Flashtirade said:

Premium carriers are confirmed to be out of the shop until the CV rework drops, which is at best coming next year.

I'm not sure what's going to come first at this point, the CV rework and fully balanced CVs, or the release of Star Citizen.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,801 battles
4 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@ausanimal Then they should just go ahead and make the CVs Generic all the same all planes the same all everything the same and be done with it!

By doing that they could get rid of strafe, make DB auto but give them circle drop pattern not oval and leave TB manual. Simple changes like what you said would off made CV play easier for new players an nearly close the skill gap which would off been better then the rework but WG didn't want to listen  to  people so just have to cross are fingers and hope for the best.

Thank you it is always nice to talk to someone about CV and what changes could of been made and have a good discussion about them. 

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@ausanimal Thanks to you also. CV discussions usually become a shouting match. I for one do like the CVs in game but I also agree with those who say they do not belong in it. In fact they are correct since CVs would not be anywhere near a gunnery battle. But it is wrong to exclude them and to properly do that the maps would need to be larger and battles would take hours to search, find and engage one another but then the CVs would be able to do what they are supposed to seek, find and then strike the distant foe. 

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
33 posts
1,347 battles

Thanks everyone for your input! And I'm glad to be a part of this new game for myself. It is a lot of fun and there is a great bunch of players as well that are very helpful. As well as your typical people with no patience! lol

Edited by jsharpe3

[UTWE]
Members
210 posts
2,837 battles

Yeah everyone on this topic is right boi, if you're a noob don't buy a high tier premium especially a CV that'll just be a disaster.

[TIMT]
Supertester
523 posts

Enterprise,  along with other premium CV'S,  and possibly new premium CV'S will appear in the shop again once the CV rework is complete, and a compensation ratio has been determined for "old" CV players not wishing to take part in the new system.