Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LemonadeWarrior

"Lock on" bug?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles

So i've been grinding my US BB line on the EU server and noticed that I sometimes had weird dispersion.
This got me so salty at one point that I decided to record it and put it on YouTube to show others. Mainly because it seems my shells almost manage to reach maximum dispersion at 13 km, which makes it look like it never locked on. Currently I am manual locking targets and that is working out great so far.

So here, judge for yourself. Is this RNG or a "lock on" bug? If you think it is RNG could we discuss whether such dispersion is good for the game?



On the EU forums they also had a topic about this, but felt kinda dead. Hence I decided to post this on the NA forums. On page three of that topic you also see a Montana with pretty strange dispersion.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/103479-lock-on-bug/

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[NOT]
Modder
1,020 posts
5,776 battles

The auto-lock-on may be acting weird at times, i dont rely on auto-lock any more. I unlock then relock on targets works every time even on RNBB with their weird RNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles
8 hours ago, leehwongxing said:

The auto-lock-on may be acting weird at times, i dont rely on auto-lock any more. I unlock then relock on targets works every time even on RNBB with their weird RNG

Do you know whether WG is aware of this bug?

I contacted support, but they told me to file bugs through the forum :#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
380
[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
852 posts
4,796 battles

I'd heard about this bug being on PTS a little while ago, however, I've not heard anything since then.

I most definitely have *noticed* worse dispersion since this but, it's quite possible this is just confirmation bias and I'm looking out for it more now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles
17 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

I'd heard about this bug being on PTS a little while ago, however, I've not heard anything since then.

I most definitely have *noticed* worse dispersion since this but, it's quite possible this is just confirmation bias and I'm looking out for it more now.

What is your opinion about the video I posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
380
[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
852 posts
4,796 battles

In all honesty, my opinion is mostly invalid.
But for what it is worth, it's very representative of a salvo being fired without a target lock and most definitely worth investigating by wargaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[AXANR]
Beta Testers
63 posts
3,788 battles

I'd like to chime in as well.

When In my Yamato, I have observed worse dispersion when I don't manually unlock and relock my targeting on a ship.

Even if it auto locked that target, if I don't manually unlock and the relock targeting, my dispersion seems worse.

Now it could be confirmation bias, but this has just been my observations. So take it with a grain of salt.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles

"Sarcasm on"
Thanks @Pigeon_of_War@Femennenly@Radar_Xfor your help with this possible bug. 
"Sarcasm off"

I sent a support ticket, a forum thread, but yet none seems to care. I am not going to try to reproduce this with the new update.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,552 posts
7,425 battles

They would likely report it to the devs - not sure why you think they have not done anything or why it would not be worth trying to reproduce...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles
13 hours ago, CylonRed said:

They would likely report it to the devs - not sure why you think they have not done anything or why it would not be worth trying to reproduce...

Kinda used to some kind of acknowledgement. I am weird he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,552 posts
7,425 battles
17 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Kinda used to some kind of acknowledgement. I am weird he?

Sure that would be nice but that is no excuse to not try and reproduce and report it again with a new patch...   You just don't know what is going on behind the scenes and maybe more important stuff has bubbled over to the top.  It is a rather larger jump to - they have not said anything, so they have to be ignoring me or the problem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles
18 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Sure that would be nice but that is no excuse to not try and reproduce and report it again with a new patch...   You just don't know what is going on behind the scenes and maybe more important stuff has bubbled over to the top.  It is a rather larger jump to - they have not said anything, so they have to be ignoring me or the problem...

They are free to reproduce the problem. I am not going to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[NLIST]
Members
643 posts
17,260 battles

Have there been any developments on this, does anyone know?

I've started to play the game after a 10-week hiatus and noticed 3/10 salvos behave as if they are not locked-on. After a brief search on the internet I realised there have been threads opened up on this issue on a number of platforms with no acknowledgement of the problem or a timetable on a fix.

Is there any news on the subject?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles
18 hours ago, yacskn said:

Have there been any developments on this, does anyone know?

I've started to play the game after a 10-week hiatus and noticed 3/10 salvos behave as if they are not locked-on. After a brief search on the internet I realised there have been threads opened up on this issue on a number of platforms with no acknowledgement of the problem or a timetable on a fix.

Is there any news on the subject?

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[NLIST]
Members
643 posts
17,260 battles
7 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Good luck!

I've heard in one of Mejash's videos that WG has acknowledged the issue, but I didn't see a fix in the new patch and the issue still persists.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles
1 minute ago, yacskn said:

I've heard in one of Mejash's videos that WG has acknowledged the issue, but I didn't see a fix in the new patch and the issue still persists.

Thanks, I was not aware of this, hence I tagged some folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×