Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

26 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,812 battles

I was having a terrible day in WoWS, one of many recently (I can't win this month no matter what I do...I just can't carry hard enough.) Then I bought my T-61. And everything became better. Angels sang, flowers bloomed, the world became brighter and shinier. It's like a Farragut made love to a Shinonome and 9 months later they welcomed the most beautiful baby in the universe. Pretty sure this just knocked Z52 and Fletcher down on my personal favorite DD list to become my 2nd favorite DD after Clemson. 

Seriously. Best bote ever. I always love swiss army knife-type versatile DDs and this is the most versatile DD I've ever seen. It's like a Farragut that can stealthtorp and use hydro, playstyle wise. I'm in heaven.

T-61 is now my waifu. First two games are below (I mean, neither of these was a particularly amazing game but it's going to be hard to do poorly in this boat unless I get real unlucky or screw up badly early-game. She just does everything you could ask a mid-tier DD to do, competently.) I am in absolute love with this boat. 

7wh6NjB.png

AXxGzJL.png

Edited by poeticmotion
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,217 battles

T-61 tested, Kraken approved!

shot-18_08.18_23_58.24-0988.thumb.jpg.03e507e8b2d0e71e41333fb101948681.jpg

shot-18_08.18_23_58.31-0904.thumb.jpg.908eec5431ab440f1bb03f74d211d7b3.jpg

This is a GREAT boot!

shot-18_08.18_23_58.36-0245.thumb.jpg.18ca93f2a1652c6dc87c732c98a825b1.jpg

shot-18_08.18_23_58.40-0667.thumb.jpg.0aecea5b8b015b2f90f0aa3fe9cd9a30.jpg

1,044 posts
8,217 battles
8 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

goodboat or OP?

Gudbote

It has sufficient weaknesses and will get full pen'd by BBs to offset its strengths. It's "Son of Z-52"!

It's that Veterans will buy her and play her, while newer players will be in the cross hairs versus more experienced players.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,501 posts
3,588 battles

Can I just say that German words like "flottentorpedoboot" are immensely fun to say? Flottentorpedoboot!

Das ist meine Flottentorpedoboot, it flots und torpedos boots!

• Funny 1

[POP]
Members
1,182 posts
15,559 battles

@poeticmotion and  @KSN nice job both of, I have her to but its taking a bit of time to get use to her, my best game I sank 4 ships but lost, still I keep trying.

cheers

1,044 posts
8,217 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

@poeticmotion and  @KSN nice job both of, I have her to but its taking a bit of time to get use to her, my best game I sank 4 ships but lost, still I keep trying.

cheers

Good luck; I swear she's like a tuned down version of the Z-52 which I own and play as well.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
428 posts
2,665 battles
4 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

goodboat or OP?

Very gud, but not OP unless a great player or have a captain dedicated to it -- the slow traverse on the turrets make it tricky to knife fight, so you either need to plan ahead or take EM on your captain. The HE damage is a bit low, and you don't get that tasty AP like you do on the 150s on other German DDs. 

BUT...it does nothing poorly. And the torp reload is almost absurd given you can drop 8 fish every minute from stealth. 

It'll probably replace my Anshan as my go-to tier VI premium DD...which is saying something, because I love that thing. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,601 posts
10,008 battles

Damn.  I was hoping I wouldn't be spending any money until (and if) premium time went on sale, again.

I was already seriously tempted by this thing.  "Happy birthday, honey, I bought you a virtual ship!  You don't want it??  Can I have it, then?"

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Only been out 12 times in it, just can't find time for WOWS this last little bit, just too busy building and clearing land and you gotta make hay when the sun shines.... 

I just rarely feel "stuck" in the 61. I also share the sentiment that for me so far my favourite DDs go:

3: Vampire (another why am I not playing this? Ship)

4: Clemson

5: Gremmy

6: T-61

7: Up for grabs still.

8: Yangbang

[PSP]
Members
6,649 posts
9,622 battles
7 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

It's like a Farragut made love to a Shinonome and 9 months later they welcomed the most beautiful baby in the universe.

:Smile_Default: It's a boy? It's a girl? No, it's a destroyer!

Actually, "destroyer" is an apt description of my grand-niece.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
261 posts
13,007 battles

The IJN lolibotes want their torpedoes back. :fish_viking:

Seriously this is the definition of premium power creep.

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,812 battles
12 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

goodboat or OP?

11 hours ago, KSN said:

Gudbote

It has sufficient weaknesses and will get full pen'd by BBs to offset its strengths. It's "Son of Z-52"!

It's that Veterans will buy her and play her, while newer players will be in the cross hairs versus more experienced players.

This. She's a tier 6 downtuned Z-52 (which was my second fav dd after Clemson before T-61 came out.)

She can knife fight almost as well as Farragut (turret traverse being her only downfall, and made up for by massive hp pool) and stealthtorp almost as well as shinonome. With her hydro and good stealth, she's easily the best cap control boat in mid tiers.

Everything is better than her at something, but she's at least competent in everything. This means she can find a bunch of ways to contribute in any situation. Any experienced USN or German DD player will have a ball in this boat. She's the most versatile ship I've ever played. 

She's got a low enough skill floor to be fun for potatoes, but her skill ceiling is astronomically high. Like LWM said, next time ranked is tier 6 this boat will absolutely dominate.

I hesitated to buy this boat as I already had three tier 6 DDs I loved (Farragut, Gallant, and Aigle are all in my top ten) but this boat is amazeballs.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,812 battles
6 hours ago, Canadatron said:

Only been out 12 times in it, just can't find time for WOWS this last little bit, just too busy building and clearing land and you gotta make hay when the sun shines.... 

I just rarely feel "stuck" in the 61. I also share the sentiment that for me so far my favourite DDs go:

My list is very similar

3: Vampire

5: Kami R (although if I was lucky enough to own a Gremmy I'm sure it would be her)

6: T-61 (previously Farragut)

7: Leningrad (but 7 is personally my least favorite tier for DDs... not a lot of other good choices that I own since Shiratsuyu got nerfed)

8: Akizuki or 150mm Z-23 (tie)

9: Fletcher

10: Z-52

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

My Asashio at 200-300 HP took or bounced roughly over ten 5 inch shells from a Sims within .2km before sinking. Managed to get Devastating Strike, Kraken, and Fleshwound because some of the enemy ships went in a straight line.

yande.re 361065 asashio_(kancolle) cut_(bu-kunn) heels kantai_collection pantyhose seifuku weapon.png

Members
0 posts
On 8/19/2018 at 3:18 AM, Landsraad said:

Das ist meine Flottentorpedoboot, it flots und torpedos boots!

Mein. Boot is neutral, and saying "meine" implies a feminine noun.

[WOLF2]
Members
204 posts
5,105 battles

I really enjoy mine. I took my Z52 Capt out of it and am training a dedicated captain for it. Expert marksman will be a boon for this ship

[TBOW]
Members
1,331 posts
10,951 battles

T61 is a Gudbote.  It is a FUNBOTE!!!!  Borderline PARTYBOTE!!!!   It took a couple games to get the hang of it.  But it has just been a blast to play. 12-6 since friday it in and had 100K game to boot.  It is not OP but it is a heck of a lot of fun.  Occasionally I forget I am in German Smoke not USN Smoke.  But hey we all make that mistake from time to time Right?  This bote was a long time coming, but in the end I think they got it right.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,945 posts
9,809 battles
On 8/19/2018 at 2:10 AM, BlailBlerg said:

goodboat or OP?

It's a "Get f****d over if there is a CV" boat. Rage quit it for the time being as my first two games resulted in me being completely useless due to CV.

I'll have to try it again later. Personally, I think the Z-39 is the superior ship tier for tier. That might change if the CV players go back to starcraft.

Members
3,999 posts
14,802 battles
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, Canadatron said:

My list is;

(3) Vampire.

(4) V-170.

(5) none

(6) T-61.

(7) Z-39/Blyskawica. (tied)

(8) Lo Yang.

I've been having a ball driving T-61. She rivals Vampire as the funnest DD that I've driven. BTW, T-61 looks real snazzy in Ocean Soul Camo. :cap_like:

Edited by ReddNekk

[O_O]
Members
4,601 posts
10,008 battles

My very first game in my shiny, new T-61...nothing CRAZY good, but I was bottom tier and took the #1 spot on the team (I also killed the red T-61 early):

V3yvnaM.jpg

hxqQSVt.jpg

Members
443 posts

I've found the ship to be pretty fun so far. Sure, the guns aren't the best, but if you're familiar with German DDs you know that they can be torpedo monsters. A ~60 second torp reload is freaking sweet.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the special challenge that is granted when you buy the ship includes a captain XP bonus. It looks like it only goes toward ship XP, which isn't super useful on a premium ship.

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,812 battles
On 8/21/2018 at 1:01 PM, guns_at_last_light said:

I've found the ship to be pretty fun so far. Sure, the guns aren't the best, but if you're familiar with German DDs you know that they can be torpedo monsters. A ~60 second torp reload is freaking sweet.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the special challenge that is granted when you buy the ship includes a captain XP bonus. It looks like it only goes toward ship XP, which isn't super useful on a premium ship.

That still plays into Commander Xp, and free Xp. More ship Xp= more cdr Xp and more free Xp.

Sign in to follow this