You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheRadicalMomo

Leningrad needs Buff

28 comments in this topic

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,354 battles

So here are some proposed buffs to Leningrad , a really sub par boat

-shorter torp reload time

-increase the speed..  needs to go faster it's a bit slow

-lower concealment

-higher HE chance

-ap that can pen battleships

-longer smoke time

-10 km torpedo range

-hydroacoustic search

-hull heal instead of smoke

-more hp

Edited by TheRadicalMomo
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
574 posts
5,231 battles
37 minutes ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

-lower concealment

-higher HE chance

-longer smoke time

-10 km torpedo range

-hydroacoustic search

-more hp

Is this a troll or are you serious?

[POP]
Members
621 posts
12,421 battles
51 minutes ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

-lower concealment

-higher HE chance

-longer smoke time

-10 km torpedo range

-hydroacoustic search

-more hp

This would help bring it in line with Groz ...

• Funny 2

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,822 battles
54 minutes ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

-lower concealment

-higher HE chance

-longer smoke time

-10 km torpedo range

-hydroacoustic search

-more hp

As long as you're making the most hilariously trollish buff request ever, let's give her guided missiles, radar, and a freakin laser. 

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,354 battles
3 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

As long as you're making the most hilariously trollish buff request ever, let's give her guided missiles, radar, and a freakin laser. 

What about the ability to sail on land?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,822 battles
2 minutes ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

What about the ability to sail on land?

Done. 

I feel like you would appreciate this thread I started a while back on the Russian CV line: 

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,354 battles
Just now, poeticmotion said:

Done. 

I feel like you would appreciate this thread I started a while back on the Russian CV line: 

Lol i replied to that with that picture.. and thank you because i lost that picture on my other harddrive

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,822 battles
1 minute ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

Lol i replied to that with that picture.. and thank you because i lost that picture on my other harddrive

That's funny that you had replied and it showed your reply in the window; I was wondering why that image was there. And you're welcome. :D

[IDOL]
Members
1 post
710 battles

Since this was posted to me in my clan discord and I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, I'm just going to post my initial comment to my friends and read the thread afterwards because I'm lazy.

Honestly I kind of agree. As far as destroyers go, it's hard to combat other destroyers with the stealth since they can catch up so easily. It's more or less negligible. I can't even count the number of times a random lower tier destroyer has just zipped up to me and I was screwed over despite doing my best to be concealed. With the second point, the torpedoes are honestly really bad. However with that said it probably needs an artillery buff. The RoF and damage is quite poor. With the few number of guns it definitely needs improvements. Overall it's probably one of the worst premiums I own. I never really want to play it

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,630 posts
10,047 battles

Are we talking about the same Leningrad?  Because my Russian Rocket sure as heck doesn't need any buffs...

Edited by desmo_2

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,354 battles
6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Are we talking about the same Leningrad?  Because my Russian Rocket sure as heck doesn't need any buffs...

ssshh... don't say that..     Lenin needs buff ;) right?

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
12 hours ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

-lower concealment

-higher HE chance

-longer smoke time

-10 km torpedo range

-hydroacoustic search

-more hp

Theres a lot of incredulity expressed in this thread - but a quick look through any of the topics in the "Discussions About Warships" will show that not every boat will work for every player, and impressions will vary greatly in regard various strengths and weaknesses.

I find the Leningrad to be a very strong DD at tier 7.  She is the bane of camping, bow tanking BBs - and capable of wrecking any DDs in her tier spread, due to the impressive speed and the relative difficulty in hitting her.

I like my Commander with EM, BFT, DE, AFT and CE.  She is more than just a Khab-esque gunboat - and with CE, is capable of capping and the occasional DS with her torps.

The boat is also a natural for the special SB module - running around at just shy of 48 knots - she is one of the first boats that teach hate of the Soviet DDs to new BB players - ha ha!

g42sAQo.png

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,354 battles
9 minutes ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

Theres a lot of incredulity expressed in this thread - but a quick look through any of the topics in the "Discussions About Warships" will show that not every boat will work for every player, and impressions will vary greatly in regard various strengths and weaknesses.

I find the Leningrad to be a very strong DD at tier 7.  She is the bane of camping, bow tanking BBs - and capable of wrecking any DDs in her tier spread, due to the impressive speed and the relative difficulty in hitting her.

I like my Commander with EM, BFT, DE, AFT and CE.  She is more than just a Khab-esque gunboat - and with CE, is capable of capping and the occasional DS with her torps.

The boat is also a natural for the special SB module - running around at just shy of 48 knots - she is one of the first boats that teach hate of the Soviet DDs to new BB players - ha ha!

g42sAQo.png

don't say that.. then wargaming won't buff her.. to be competitive against the khaba...  ;3 

Members
727 posts

I approve this buff.

I love dropping my Khaba captain into my Leningrad, joining a division with 2 other Leningrads, and ruining everybodys night at 14kms and 45+ knots with laser guided Stalinium HE spam.

Like Khaba, If Lenin ain't spotted you're doing it wrong.

I recommend buffing the top speed. Approximately 55 knots seems reasonable.

• Cool 1

[RED2]
Members
131 posts
6,910 battles

You forgot about adding the bow mounted wave motion gun.

19 hours ago, Alabamastan said:

This would help bring it in line with Groz ...

Which is still not good enough we need something more in line with the khab but without the terrible torps.

• Funny 1

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
On 8/19/2018 at 1:19 AM, ChizuruSedai said:

Since this was posted to me in my clan discord and I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, I'm just going to post my initial comment to my friends and read the thread afterwards because I'm lazy.

Honestly I kind of agree. As far as destroyers go, it's hard to combat other destroyers with the stealth since they can catch up so easily. It's more or less negligible. I can't even count the number of times a random lower tier destroyer has just zipped up to me and I was screwed over despite doing my best to be concealed. With the second point, the torpedoes are honestly really bad. However with that said it probably needs an artillery buff. The RoF and damage is quite poor. With the few number of guns it definitely needs improvements. Overall it's probably one of the worst premiums I own. I never really want to play it

Please understand I'm not discarding or belittling your opinion - however - at 707 matches, a T7 DD - played in random - is beyond your experience level.

This is not a case of the boat being bad - just that the experience one gains entirely through number of matches played, is not high enough to be effective when exposed to the average player in this spread, who likely has a thousand (and will often have considerably more) matches under their belt.  This is especially true with DD play.  Lack of experience can sometimes be mitigated by the survivability of BBs in upper tiers - but DDs get no such concessions.

Your stats in Harekaze speak to the same truth.

My best advice would be to start up the Soviet DD line, and use Leningrad as she was intended - to help build the Skipper you are driving up the line.  By the time you reach Groz or Khab (and my advice would be Groz, as she is far more interesting than Khab) - you will very likely have the experience required in this type of boat to make full use of Leningrad's borderline OP-ness.

At this point, though - you are doing extremely well for your experience level, well above the curve from what I can see.  However - the effective use of T7/8 DDs is still a thousand or so matches ahead of you.

[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,538 battles

Len doz need a bit of a buff ,,can't even have redteam shoot close to you with out you dieing . and could be a fun dd if you could brawl more .

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

100% agree. Leningrad is so pathetic, sometimes I only score second or even third place on my team. What I hate is how I can sometimes hit a BB without starting fires. Definitely need to buff fire chance so that every shell starts a fire. Oh, and the smoke should burn red team ships that drive into it. And it should be able to submerge as well. And fly. And shoot exploding bananas. 

Buff Leningrad or I quit!

• Funny 1

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,354 battles
On 8/20/2018 at 4:13 PM, mrieder79 said:

100% agree. Leningrad is so pathetic, sometimes I only score second or even third place on my team. What I hate is how I can sometimes hit a BB without starting fires. Definitely need to buff fire chance so that every shell starts a fire. Oh, and the smoke should burn red team ships that drive into it. And it should be able to submerge as well. And fly. And shoot exploding bananas. 

Buff Leningrad or I quit!

What have I unleashed