You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

Unique Upgrades ("Legendary" Upgrades) For Salem

19 comments in this topic

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
683 posts
18,898 battles

I was checked out the Salem sister ship of the Des Moines and does not have any Special Upgrade.

reviewing the special upgrade of des moines:

Icon_modernization_PCM052_Special_Mod_I_Des_Moines.png

Enhanced Propulsion

2,500,000Credits
  • –50% to time taken to reach full power when accelerating (improved acceleration[1]).
  • –20% to rudder shift time.
  • –10% to duration of Surveillance Radar (While active, detects all enemy ships within the specified radius, regardless of obstacles (such as smoke screens or islands).).
Available only via in-game missions. Des Moines only. When combined with Propulsion Modification 2 (-50% to time for reaching full power. / Increases engine power when the ship starts moving.), the ship will accelerate from 0-27 knots in approximately 8 seconds.

we can create a new  different one for the salem not necessarily they must be identical, but if one upgrade special for salem he is  T10.

• Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,277 battles
23 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Salem is a premium, they don't get legendary upgrades.

Have they actually stated this?

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,386 battles
45 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Have they actually stated this?

I follow podcasts, and read news... I haven't seen anything about that. It's the only tier 10 premium so, idk. I was dumb enough to buy it, ugh, should've waited for the new tier 10 French BB.  it's not bad though,  and the heal lets you kite and survive more often.

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,277 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

I follow podcasts, and read news... I haven't seen anything about that. It's the only tier 10 premium so, idk. I was dumb enough to buy it, ugh, should've waited for the new tier 10 French BB.  it's not bad though,  and the heal lets you kite and survive more often.

I was just curious because of the way he said it. AFAIK none of the upcoming tier 10’s or the Salem have had them mentioned at all. I am curious if they are balancing them around the legendary modules though.

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
683 posts
18,898 battles
On 18/8/2018 at 10:49 PM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Salem is a premium, they don't get legendary upgrades.

hello man I have the salem he NO make credits any XP as MISSOURI ,Musashi Or Kron . remerber he is version NERF of Des Moines :

1-Radar 8.5k per 25secs

2-less heath

3-not upgrade Special

4- salem has 4 modules and seattle has 5 and is t9

Salem 

x0UlQ2f.jpeg

kron 

oTKt0y8.jpeg

oB5jtnd.jpeg

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,499 posts
3,799 battles

Salem is a reward ship, not a premium. She doesn't have the credit multiplier built in like other premiums do. That said, it hasn't been stated that that is why she does not have a legendary upgrade, rather I think, because she was in testing when the legendary upgrades went live.

If they wish, they'll add one for her later.

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
683 posts
18,898 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

Salem is a reward ship, not a premium. She doesn't have the credit multiplier built in like other premiums do. That said, it hasn't been stated that that is why she does not have a legendary upgrade, rather I think, because she was in testing when the legendary upgrades went live.

If they wish, they'll add one for her later.

You said salem NOT is premium ship??? salem yes a premium... where say no premium?

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,386 battles

the camo for it is decent though, it doesn't have a multiplier? The reduced service cost and +20% credits balances it out though. Just slap a zulu on it and you should make some money for a decent game.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
683 posts
18,898 battles
6 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

the camo for it is decent though, it doesn't have a multiplier? The reduced service cost and +20% credits balances it out though. Just slap a zulu on it and you should make some money for a decent game.

man the salem is version Nerf of Des moines in all

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,386 battles
1 minute ago, rafael_azuaje said:

man the salem is version Nerf of Des moines in all

untitled.thumb.png.d78a229370aaafd857ac388cfeb17be6.png

This might be deceptive, I might've been running Wyvern and Zulu...Can't remember. But still, if it was a Roma or Tirpitz, I would've made over a million with Wyvern and Zulu. Missouri even higher

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
683 posts
18,898 battles
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

untitled.thumb.png.d78a229370aaafd857ac388cfeb17be6.png

This might be deceptive, I might've been running Wyvern and Zulu...Can't remember. But still, if it was a Roma or Tirpitz, I would've made over a million with Wyvern and Zulu. Missouri even higher

THERE you had premium account?= 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,807 posts
4,091 battles

Salem is not your traditional premium ship in which it does not get bonus xp and credit earning compared to a tech tree ship. It does get premium treatment in reduced service cost and ability to use any US captains.

This may be the trend WG will do for tier 10 "premium" ships in not giving them credit making bonuses.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,185 battles
2 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Salem is not your traditional premium ship where it does not get bonus xp and credit earning compared to a tech tree ship. It does get premium treatment in reduced service cost and ability to use any US captains.

This may be the trend WG will do for tier 10 "premium" ships in not giving them credit making bonuses.

Wait...just yesterday you said: 

Salem's Type 20 camo produces the same XP and credit earning potential as DM's perma camo...that's been established.  What people seem to be arguing over is whether there's a hidden built-in modifier that we can't see...some say it's there and others say it's not...wish WG would clarify this.  The Wiki doesn't even mention this hidden ship modifier: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

Is there another source as to this hidden modifier?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,807 posts
4,091 battles
1 hour ago, Bonfor said:

Wait...just yesterday you said: 

Salem's Type 20 camo produces the same XP and credit earning potential as DM's perma camo...that's been established.  What people seem to be arguing over is whether there's a hidden built-in modifier that we can't see...some say it's there and others say it's not...wish WG would clarify this.  The Wiki doesn't even mention this hidden ship modifier: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

Is there another source as to this hidden modifier?

What I've said is in essence the same as in the other thread. Multiple tests carried out by LWM has shown that the Salem earns pretty much the same as a Des Moines.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,185 battles
3 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

What I've said is in essence the same as in the other thread. Multiple tests carried out by LWM has shown that the Salem earns pretty much the same as a Des Moines.

Thanks...so all we have to go on is testing, nothing in writing from WG?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,807 posts
4,091 battles
3 hours ago, Bonfor said:

Thanks...so all we have to go on is testing, nothing in writing from WG?

WG usually doesn't display hidden modifiers of the ships, but some contributors (LittleWhiteMouse for example) were able to get data on those

• Cool 1