Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

So is the Courbet even more OP than the Orion?

28 members have voted

1. 1. which is stronger overall in all situations?

• Orion
    • Courbet
    • the seal clubber you are looking for is neither of those (state below)
  2. 2. is Courbet OP?

19 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles

I do keep losing to this thing. Like x3 x5 shatters on the belt with HE. Rarely enough time or angle for AP. Yet he seems to be able to pen me at any angle with impuny. 

Other than the stupid good HE (which Courbet also has good HE), is Courbet simply better? 

Has 5x2 guns on each side, with the extra gun being very useful for if someone rushes your other side. Orion<Courbet

Neither have citadel basically? 

Courbet has better side armor. 

Courbet has better AP? 

Courbet probably right now has better accuracy. 

Has better secondary range

--

Orion has better conceal 14km vs 15.8 (but that doesn't really matter at this tier, nor with that difference). 

More speed at 21 vs 22. Negligible. 

Orion definitely seems to have better AA, better range. This is decidedly a huge advantage for Orion>Courbet

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
7 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

I do keep losing to this thing. Like x3 x5 shatters on the belt with HE. Rarely enough time or angle for AP. Yet he seems to be able to pen me at any angle with impuny. 

Other than the stupid good HE (which Courbet also has good HE), is Courbet simply better? 

Has 5x2 guns on each side, with the extra gun being very useful for if someone rushes your other side. Orion<Courbet

Neither have citadel basically? 

Courbet has better side armor. 

Courbet has better AP? 

Courbet probably right now has better accuracy. 

Has better secondary range

--

Orion has better conceal 14km vs 15.8 (but that doesn't really matter at this tier, nor with that difference). 

More speed at 21 vs 22. Negligible. 

Orion definitely seems to have better AA, better range. This is decidedly a huge advantage for Orion>Courbet

I think the only things that stood out to me are A: how much more comfortable those wonky guns(on the Turenne) feel on a more modern, actually-built design, and B, the over-powered natural accuracy of French secondaries.

Edited by legoboy0401
  • Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles
11 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

I think the only things that stood out to me are A: how much more comfortable those wonky guns(on the Turenne) feel on a more modern, actually-built design, and B, the over-powered natural accuracy of French secondaries.

Have too much acc on the secondaries? 

What did you mean about the main guns on Courbet? 

Members
1,205 posts
3,161 battles

I played through courbet (mostly in co op but some randoms). That ship gets a big fat "gudbote" from me. Very average but fun to play. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
9 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Have too much acc on the secondaries? 

What did you mean about the main guns on Courbet? 

They aren't as inaccurate as on Turenne. Courbet's guns are the same guns as Turenne's, but they feel much more consistent and skill-based, rather than RNG-based.

Also, most French BBs seem to have a bit more accurate secondaries by default.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,915 battles

turenne itself made me stop my grind to a halt for now.won't free exp past her,saving up for alaska.

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
5 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

turenne itself made me stop my grind to a halt for now.won't free exp past her,saving up for alaska.

I hated her too, and wanted to FXP past her. But in my final match in her(I think it was my final match in her, at least) I got a High Caliber.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,680 posts
3,603 battles

She is ok all around but she excels at nothing. The NY/Texas have the most alpha strike, Kongo has her speed and accuracy, Konig is just a plain tank, British have the broken HE and a hard to hit citadel. She is a ok ship, solid but not great in really any area that can be exploited. I guess she has the best AA for a tech tree T5 BB when moderately specced for it

Members
218 posts
2,116 battles
17 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

She is ok all around but she excels at nothing. The NY/Texas have the most alpha strike, Kongo has her speed and accuracy, Konig is just a plain tank, British have the broken HE and a hard to hit citadel. She is a ok ship, solid but not great in really any area that can be exploited. I guess she has the best AA for a tech tree T5 BB when moderately specced for it

Lol, OP is talking about T4 BB 

Anyways, I thought the Bretagne had the best AA of T5 BBs. I remember Iron Duke not having good AA.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,680 posts
3,603 battles
Just now, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Lol, OP is talking about T4 BB 

Anyways, I thought the Bretagne had the best AA of T5 BBs. I remember Iron Duke not having good AA.

Lol, my fault, I always get those 2 mixed up

Members
218 posts
2,116 battles
Just now, Psycodiver said:

Lol, my fault, I always get those 2 mixed up

Oh you're good, I used to forget the Konig existed and thought the Bayern was the German T5. Silly me

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles

So the Bret is the best AA at T5? 

I gotta say, T5 would be a good seal clubbing tier, except for T7s. So... that means Guilio. 

[FML]
Members
2,627 posts
12,363 battles
1 hour ago, BlailBlerg said:

I gotta say, T5 would be a good seal clubbing tier, except for T7s. So... that means Guilio. 

Surely the Texas would have the best AA at T5.  Mind you, much of it is small calibre...

[HUNGS]
Members
1,680 posts
3,603 battles
1 hour ago, BlailBlerg said:

With BFT, AFT and AA mod it has a rating of 66 and will wreck a T5 CV squad, mind you best for a tech tree ship, Texas is by far the king of AA at tier 5

Back to the topic, the Wyoming is better, enough said.

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles
8 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Fire

I find that the concept of UK BBs being good against other bow on BBs at t10 doesn't apply at T4: 

First bbs don't bow on that much cuz of the awful angles. 

Also the fire doesn't kill them fast enough compared to the pen damage i take from the rear against courbets. 

even wyomings can do some significant AP dmg against me much quicker than i can kill 

[BLUFD]
Members
13 posts
2,933 battles
4 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

I find that the concept of UK BBs being good against other bow on BBs at t10 doesn't apply at T4: 

First bbs don't bow on that much cuz of the awful angles. 

Also the fire doesn't kill them fast enough compared to the pen damage i take from the rear against courbets. 

even wyomings can do some significant AP dmg against me much quicker than i can kill 

The AP on the Orion is very good as well especially if you get the broad side of an enemy ship since British BB AP is less likely to get you over pens. This makes it extremely good against cruisers and BBs that angle a bit as the shell will detonate before it can bounce out of the ship. Even then the HE is powerful enough that I cant even tell you how many Tenryu's and other lightly armored cruisers that I have devastating striked only using HE with citadel hits. This is also helped by the fact that British HE seems extremely damaging even with out the fire against other BBs. The French on the other hand is a different story. while yes the guns are very accurate they only seem to do well against broadside ships. If you are going against an angled BB the low caliber guns will struggle and you lack the HE fire chance to set them on fire consistently like other nations. The other issue I have is that the French can not tank, every shell that hits you is going to pen even when angled unlike the other nations where you can at least hope to bounce the majority of shells fired at you while angled.That being said the french are very good against cruisers thanks to the fast shell travel times and accuracy.  This is my personal experience with them.  

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles
1 hour ago, HighestMetal said:

The AP on the Orion is very good as well especially if you get the broad side of an enemy ship since British BB AP is less likely to get you over pens. This makes it extremely good against cruisers and BBs that angle a bit as the shell will detonate before it can bounce out of the ship. Even then the HE is powerful enough that I cant even tell you how many Tenryu's and other lightly armored cruisers that I have devastating striked only using HE with citadel hits. This is also helped by the fact that British HE seems extremely damaging even with out the fire against other BBs. The French on the other hand is a different story. while yes the guns are very accurate they only seem to do well against broadside ships. If you are going against an angled BB the low caliber guns will struggle and you lack the HE fire chance to set them on fire consistently like other nations. The other issue I have is that the French can not tank, every shell that hits you is going to pen even when angled unlike the other nations where you can at least hope to bounce the majority of shells fired at you while angled.That being said the french are very good against cruisers thanks to the fast shell travel times and accuracy.  This is my personal experience with them.  

Thanks, though its interesting that i had the exact opposite impression, esp with courbet vs orion. 

also, numerically, it seems like Courbet has harder side armor. 

Sign in to follow this