Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Strudel

Will there ever be in the Future a Tillman class added to the game

10 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,090 battles

Will in the Future of World of Warships in a future patch the possibility of a one of the Tillman Class designs ever making its way into the Game as a US premium Battleship. Due to all the amount of mid to high teir Jap battleship premiums. I guess a way to balance them if they do get into the game is that they have well 1910s and 1920s AA armament so it'd be a way to compensate for the amount of Main battery guns and Armor. That they would inevitably posses according to the designs. 

Tillman_sextuple16.jpg

the_1_000_foot_battleship_by_tacrn1-d4r2kar.png

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,229 posts
14,826 battles

Lack of AA is not a proper balancing factor at high tiers, not to the extent it'll balance that amount of armor and firepower. I don't think we'll ever see Tillmans in the game, except maybe one of the smallest ones.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,615 posts
16,725 battles

I doubt that it would be no lower than tier 10 and there are no tier 10 premiums. Also this has been suggested many times even before the game was released.

Members
2 posts
1,090 battles

Eh I just felt like asking cause who knows how they could do it as a premium. Maybe like premium that's only available for like 2 weeks in December or a reward for a campaign involving Tier IV-VII US battleships. On the balancing Wargaming if they really decided to would find a way, like other than terrible AA long reloads way less hit points.

Edited by Admiral_Strudel

[HINON]
Supertester
21,229 posts
14,826 battles
26 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I doubt that it would be no lower than tier 10 and there are no tier 10 premiums.

CW reward ships though. The problem is that the Tillman designs will likely not appeal to very many skilled CW players.

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
626 posts
2,245 battles

To be fair, real warships "IRL" were balanced from an economic perspective.  Battleships dominate a surface engagement, but it was pretty rare to actually see one in battle.  They're costly to operate, and too expensive and prestigious to potentially lose.  In WoWS though, battleships are not balanced from an economic perspective, although they do cost more per game; they're in every single game!  The Tillman designs of WW1 were America's "screw it!" response to the economics of the dreadnought race.  Only America had the ports, the finance, and the industry to build and operate these vessels.  They saw the writing on the wall where the dreadnought race was going, and said, "Why not?"  This makes about most Tillman designs in-game to be woefully overpowered.  Even WW2 battleships don't have 24x 16" guns and 19" armor belts, and they're almost as big.  And they would have been built with same the quality as the US Standards were, making them impossibly tough ships.  By WW2 they would have had gobs of AA added, expanded torpedo bulges, probably 12-14 of the 5"/38cal DP mounts in place of their secondary batteries, lots of additional deck plating (STS baby!), and possibly even re-boilered and re-engined to use updated WW2-era technology. 

Maybe the Tillman I and III designs could be possible, as they look pretty close to the Montana in specs, but not the others.  The others would be fantasy territory.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,305 posts
6,193 battles

Maybe just maybe you could do a modernized Tillman I. The Tillman III might also be viable yet it doesn't really offer anything over the Montana.

But 24x 16" guns or 13-15 18" guns is a bit... extreme.

Members
835 posts
5,660 battles
On 8/20/2018 at 6:49 PM, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Maybe just maybe you could do a modernized Tillman I. The Tillman III might also be viable yet it doesn't really offer anything over the Montana.

But 24x 16" guns or 13-15 18" guns is a bit... extreme.

True enough but dam wouldn’t that be fun! Sigh it wont ever happen and for good reasons. 

Beta Testers
1,747 posts
3,864 battles

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_battleship

I see a future for these if they were modified a bit a mix of the Tillman designs to create a 457mm 3x3 layout would work. Going to 12 457 might be a stretch as they would have make the reload longer. Hopefully in a future usn bb line split.

Sign in to follow this