You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Commitment to Legendary Modules

31 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,866 posts
9,502 battles

100K XP after modifiers, 8mil credits, 15K FXP, a 4th time-consuming one, then earn 40k base XP.

That's what, well over 100 battles? I got plenty of the Papa papa and Zulu flags, but eesh. Want to get it for Shima, Kurfurst, Yamato, Zao, and Z-52, but what a time sink!

[KSC]
Members
1,047 posts
4,577 battles
9 minutes ago, Reymu said:

100K XP after modifiers, 8mil credits, 15K FXP, a 4th time-consuming one, then earn 40k base XP.

That's what, well over 100 battles? I got plenty of the Papa papa and Zulu flags, but eesh. Want to get it for Shima, Kurfurst, Yamato, Zao, and Z-52, but what a time sink!

I already almost have my Zao module after about 50 combine battles.

22 random battles and probably 30 CB.  I'm at 25k out of the 40k xp for the final part of the mission.

[ARP]
Members
308 posts
17,679 battles

It took me ~75 games for my groz upgrade.

Edited by _Bunyan_

Beta Testers
1,305 posts
7,047 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

It's not well over 100 battles. It's not even 100 battles if you play decent (decent....not top 2 exp every game...just decent). Finished the Wooster upgrade in 67 battles, IIRC.

Having said that, the final mission of 40k base exp is dumb.

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
599 posts
27,542 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

but what a time sink!

That IS the general idea, right?

Keeps you in game and motivated.

Sab

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,382 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

You can play the shima with no t2 consumables and no signals, unless you want the +5% speed flag … it rarely detonates unless you drive straight into a shell :)

[PVE]
Members
15,694 posts
10,417 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

The Unique Upgrades (formally Legendary Upgrades) works in all battle modes. Just play your T10's and you will eventually get there. The Dec 31st end date in the game is a function of the mission code, so WG is going to extend the missions for the Unique Upgrades indefinitely. Personally, when you get to the win 15 battles task, then hop into PvE to play those, otherwise just play your T10 in Random, Ranked and Clan Battles and you will get them.

[SIMP]
Members
1,271 posts
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, Reymu said:

Try doing in as a Co-op main.... :Smile_sad:

[USCC]
Members
2,499 posts
10,607 battles
3 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Very do-able, you just have to love to play! .... LOTS :Smile_teethhappy:

Halsey wasn't a quick walk in the park, but if you work at it, you can do it too in PVE only.

We'll all eventually get there. 

I do question though if some of these are even worth it, I want the one for my GK. but In all honestly, I haven't really looked into these to see what's what.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,630 posts

Right about the time they started doing these was the same time I decided that it wasn't worth playing anything over Tier 8 anymore, due to the crappy state of high tier gameplay.  Certainly not worth grinding 50 or 100 unenjoyable games to get something I can use in other unenjoyable games.

• Cool 2

Members
4,109 posts
15,170 battles
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Sabene said:

In my case the only thing that a grind does is motivate me to do something else, somewhere else.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,630 posts
Just now, ReddNekk said:

In my case the only thing that a grind does is motivate me to do something else, somewhere else.

Right, I love this game, but wound up taking a couple weeks off after grinding some stuff.

[PVE]
Members
15,694 posts
10,417 battles
21 minutes ago, dabears494 said:

Will they be giving Unique Upgrades for any new tech tree ships coming out such as the Harugumo and Daring destoyers.

Yes. WG said that Unique Upgrades for new ships would come after the ship was out for a few months, so that they could be properly balanced. So keep an eye on the dev blog and WoWs news. I expect that they will drop with a patch release.

[PVE]
Members
15,694 posts
10,417 battles
23 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

I'm doing that, but will get there eventually.

14 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Very do-able, you just have to love to play! .... LOTS :Smile_teethhappy:

Halsey wasn't a quick walk in the park, but if you work at it, you can do it too in PVE only.

We'll all eventually get there. 

I do question though if some of these are even worth it, I want the one for my GK. but In all honestly, I haven't really looked into these to see what's what.

Calculate out what the percentages are for the nerfs and buffs compared to what is in the slot you give up. You get a clearer picture then.

[FFG33]
Members
419 posts
13,411 battles

I kind of like this grind. It is helping me become better at a certain ship. I probably take 200 battles for each Unique upgrade. I have only gotten 1 so far. That said, I have little reason to play Tier X otherwise.

[H_]
Members
2,418 posts

The Grind is way too long...  Good grief.  Half of this effort would be enough.   But, it's a cash sink for the game as players spend and buy flags and stuff to make it go faster....  I'm 1/3 finished on my second T-10 and I'll do no more.  The LU isn't that important anyway.

[PVE]
Members
15,694 posts
10,417 battles
14 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

The Grind is way too long...  Good grief.  Half of this effort would be enough.   But, it's a cash sink for the game as players spend and buy flags and stuff to make it go faster....  I'm 1/3 finished on my second T-10 and I'll do no more.  The LU isn't that important anyway.

It is not like the Unique Upgrade missions are going away. They will be permanent per WG and the missions will be refreshed in Dec as the mission code dictated the Dec 31st end date. Just play your ships as you want and eventually you will get the UU as it is all things you get by playing. The mission works in all modes, so you don't even have to worry about that.

[NGA]
Members
1,855 posts
9,686 battles

Grab my GK's almost exclusively through Co-op (no one judge me, I was grinding the daily bonuses). Right now, I'm at stage 2 with my Khab (which I plan to take into Ranked), Shima, Gearing, and Monty. I also plan on working it with Hindy, Conq, Zao, Henry, DM, and Grozo. And this is why I am thankful that it's a permanent addition and not just until the end of the year.

[P2W]
Members
349 posts
9,877 battles

Speaking from personal experience, there is no need to bother with the Shima one. It literally saves you 12 seconds off a 117s reload, and in exchange they remove all the bearings on your torp launchers so you can never track anything close enough to hit.

However, the grind itself is somewhat useful as you get a bunch of useful rewards after you finish each stage (e.g. 50 premium speed boost consumables). Just collect those and ignore the final one.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,056 posts
On 8/18/2018 at 1:04 PM, Sabene said:

That IS the general idea, right?

Sab

Once you grind up to a tier X and play it a while you might find yourself bored with the ship and start up another ship line. The legendary quests give you something to do with your tier Xs. The same thing goes for certain campaigns and ranked levels.

[SIMP]
Members
1,271 posts

The thing that gets me the most is...

I could see this hellish grind if the Legendary Modules were all positive effects - but most of them aren't - they are like normal modules where you have to decide if you want to take them, because there is some upsides and some downsides to them.

Sooooo, if they are basically just like normal modules, why the huge time sink?

[PVE]
Members
15,694 posts
10,417 battles
36 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

Speaking from personal experience, there is no need to bother with the Shima one. It literally saves you 12 seconds off a 117s reload, and in exchange they remove all the bearings on your torp launchers so you can never track anything close enough to hit.

However, the grind itself is somewhat useful as you get a bunch of useful rewards after you finish each stage (e.g. 50 premium speed boost consumables). Just collect those and ignore the final one.

Shimakaze Accelerated Torpedo Tube Reload Unique Upgrade slot 6

The Shimakaze gets a -25% torpedo reload, -80% torpedo traverse and +50% chance of torpedo incapacitation.

The Shima has 3 torps. 
131s reload 8km torps
153s reload 12km torps
150s reload 20km torps.

With the TAE skill, those drop to 
117.9s reload 8km torps
137.7s reload 12km torps
135s reload 20km torps.

With the Shima Unique Upgrade, those drop to
88.4s reload 8km torps, meaning a 42.6s drop from the base reload
103.3s reload 12km torps, meaning a 49.7s drop from the base reload
101.3s reload 20km torps, meaning a 48.7s drop from the base reload

The reload drop from the TAE skill is still signifacant.
88.4s reload 8km torps, meaning a 29.5s drop from the TAE skill
103.3s reload 12km torps, meaning a 34.4s drop from the TAE skill
101.3s reload 20km torps, meaning a 33.7s drop from the TAE skill

The Torpedo Tubes Modification 3 gives you -15% reload and +50% chance of detonation.

With the TTM3 Upgrade, those drop to
100.2s reload 8km torps, meaning a 42.6s drop from the base reload
117s reload 12km torps, meaning a 49.7s drop from the base reload
114.8s reload 20km torps, meaning a 48.7s drop from the base reload

The reload drop from the TTM3 for the TTR Unique Upgrade is not as significant for the torp traverse lost.
88.4s reload 8km torps, meaning a 12.2s drop from the TTM3 upgrade
103.3s reload 12km torps, meaning a 13.7s drop from the TTM3 upgrade
101.3s reload 20km torps, meaning a 13.5s drop from the TTM3 upgrade

The Shimakaze has a 25 degrees per second torp traverse, which is 7.2s for a 180 degree turn.

So with the Unique Upgrade the 25 degrees per second traverse drops to 5 degrees per second traverse and that makes the 180 degree turn 36 sec for the torps.

If the torp traverse could be dropped to -40% that makes the torp traverse 12s for a 180 degree turn which seems too low.
If the torp traverse could be dropped to -50% that makes the torp traverse 14.4s for a 180 degree turn.
If the torp traverse could be dropped to -60% that makes the torp traverse 18s for a 180 degree turn.
If the torp traverse could be dropped to -65% that makes the torp traverse 20.6s for a 180 degree turn.
If the torp traverse could be dropped to -75% that makes the torp traverse 28s for a 180 degree turn which seems too high.

Edit forgot the Torpedo Tube Mod 3 in slot 6 which lowers by -15%, so updated that.

Edited by Kizarvexis