You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Leopard_IX

Pirate Event -Types of Ships

20 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
432 posts

Hello Everyone!

The Pirate event is currently active and people have found a lot of pirates. What I want to mention in this post are the types of ships that pirates are using. Pirates should use battleships, cruisers and destroyers. They should not use carriers. Why you may ask? The whole point of the event is to let people destroy pirates and get loot. By going as a carrier, the carrier player is most likely not going to get destroyed by most people except an opposing carrier or an occasional destroyer. On the other hand, if the pirate goes in a battleship, cruiser or destroyer,  the opposing team will have a fair chance to destroyer him or her. What's more, pirates don't have to win to get their prizes from WG, so it's not a huge loss if the pirate loses. This is not to say that the pirate should play recklessly for the enemy team to get him or her, but at the same time, that player(pirate) should not pick a ship that will be unfair for the opposing team because like I said, the whole point of the event is to destroy pirates and get loot. 

Edited by Leopard_IX

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,571 posts
12,258 battles

You do realize that Fem, the person who organized the event, is a carrier main right?

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
432 posts
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You do realize that Fem, the person who organized the event, is a carrier main right?

But she isn't playing carriers(as of yesterday). Look at her stream.

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
19 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

While you're right that she's a CV main, it seems to me that in an event like this, playing a CV is against the spirit of the event.  It seems to me that the spirit of such an event should require the sheriff to put their vehicle out there at risk.  It would be similar to playing arty in such an event in WoT, spending the entire battle hiding way in back, hoping to never be spotted.  

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,571 posts
12,258 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

While you're right that she's a CV main, it seems to me that in an event like this, playing a CV is against the spirit of the event.  It seems to me that the spirit of such an event should require the sheriff to put their vehicle out there at risk.  It would be similar to playing arty in such an event in WoT, spending the entire battle hiding way in back, hoping to never be spotted.  

I do agree it is against the spirit of the event.

I should think they would limit themselves to battleships and cruisers for that boarding flavor.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
2 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I do agree it is against the spirit of the event.

I should think they would limit themselves to battleships and cruisers for that boarding flavor.

Arghhh!!!  You're onto the meat of this scallywag of a spirit, me matey!    :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles

Pirates don't have Carriers, could you imagine a Somali Pirate Carrier Fleet?

[YORHA]
Members
3,550 posts
37 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yup.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,145 posts
13,521 battles

Had a 3 mutsu pirate division battle last night and I sure am glad they were on my team! The red team didn't stand a chance to get near them. Also they should also be able to use all ship types after all this is supposed to be challenging!

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

A fishing trawler with a half dozen commercially available drones?

• Funny 1

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
432 posts
1 hour ago, Bearclaws said:

if i applied to be a pirate how do i get picked ?

That decision lies solely with the WG staff. They have a certain criteria in which they pick the pirate crews. For this event, the deadline has passed as the event is in full swing right now.

Edited by Leopard_IX

[SDIWO]
Members
1,080 posts
5,734 battles

I don't know. Being a pirate crew is more about taking the time to play the game in the set time periods with the set tier ships. I don't think it's an obligation to play a ship that will die every time to give out rewards, it's about the simple act of having the chance at rewards. Said before I had a match where a Pirate was in a DD and didn't lose a single HP point the entire battle. Did he do something wrong? Should he have been reckless and tried to die? How is that fair to the team he is on?

[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles
14 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Fem is a female...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,571 posts
12,258 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Fem is a female...

I know, her accent is lovely.

[Y_OLO]
[Y_OLO]
Beta Testers
57 posts
3,606 battles

can anyone be a pirate how does this actually work, give me a excuse on using my arrrrr flag 

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
432 posts
2 hours ago, Bismarck26 said:

can anyone be a pirate how does this actually work, give me a excuse on using my arrrrr flag 

Yes, anyone can apply. But that decision lies solely with the WG staff. They have a certain criteria in which they pick the pirate crews. For this event, the deadline has passed as the event is in full swing right now.