You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LubzinNJ

How do I remove the "cartoon" camos?

12 comments in this topic

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles

Yes I know this could have been found with a search...but frankly I tried and the search kept giving me results that didn't work.

How do I remove the custom camo like the new ones from the Go Navy event? I don't see a button to click or declick in graphics. Port doesn't seem to have an option. I know I'm probably blind and just don't see it which is why I'm left asking you folks.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,609 posts
16,697 battles

If they are camo you own and are using either use them all until they are gone if it is permanent camo just demount it or mount another camo. If it is that you don't want to see it on opponents ships then you are out of luck.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,803 posts
11,503 battles

Bottom right, click on that icon and disable whatever you want to disable 

Carrousel.PNG

Carrousel 2.PNG

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,245 posts
12,034 battles

^ What he said.  Click the two little gears next to Ships and Vacant Slots.  In the list that comes up, if the content has a green eye you will see it in game.  If it has a gray eye with a line through it, you won't.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Bottom right, click on that icon and disable whatever you want to disable 

Carrousel.PNG

Carrousel 2.PNG

See I knew I was being an idiot, looked everyone but there. Thank you!

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,609 posts
16,697 battles

I did not know the go navy had been added but if it had not then my comment is valid! But all that this check box does is hide those camos on others ships so you see only a no camo equipped ship!

@DouglasMacAwful no it only prevents you from seeing those camos on others ships they put this in for ARP for those who complained about the day glo ships

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Doing so removes the bonuses for that camo, so it's really no different than actually demounting it. 

I don't want to not see it on my ship, I don't want to see it on other peoples ships. But thanks for the warning!

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,893 battles

You can also go in inventory and sell all of the cartoony camos for a few credits.  

But for some camos I prefer the XP/commander XP/free XP/credits multiplier over the credits i’d get from selling them and having a goofy looking ship.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,628 posts
6,715 battles
7 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@DouglasMacAwful no it only prevents you from seeing those camos on others ships they put this in for ARP for those who complained about the day glo ships

Actually, no, turning off the view of a special camo actually demounts the camo.  If you switch the view back on you have to go and manually re-mount the camo.

You cannot have the view turned off for the camo and also have the benefits of that camo. 

Filtering out the ARP works the same, but those were not functional camos (they had no bonuses) so disabling them isn't as big a deal.  

[WOLF2]
Members
3,439 posts
15,073 battles
13 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Actually, no, turning off the view of a special camo actually demounts the camo.  If you switch the view back on you have to go and manually re-mount the camo.

You cannot have the view turned off for the camo and also have the benefits of that camo. 

Filtering out the ARP works the same, but those were not functional camos (they had no bonuses) so disabling them isn't as big a deal.  

Ahhhhh, If only there was a way to keep the camo and lose the "cheese" 

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Members
15,345 posts
10,157 battles
8 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I did not know the go navy had been added but if it had not then my comment is valid! But all that this check box does is hide those camos on others ships so you see only a no camo equipped ship!

8 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Doing so removes the bonuses for that camo, so it's really no different than actually demounting it. 

17 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Ahhhhh, If only there was a way to keep the camo and lose the "cheese" 

While I don't have the Worcester yet to mount my Sharks perma-camo, I do have the HSF Graf Spee and I can confirm that when you uncheck seeing the special camo, it demounts it from your ship. I just tested the HSF option.