You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Shark vs Eagle : Recruiter message

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
2,805 posts
11,518 battles

5b78000d2f0b9_JoinEagle.PNG.bf6bdbb383ff75d33e6b1b7243af0207.PNG

Just a suggestion.

I never really paid attention to recruiter's message and for once I decided to read what they were actually saying.  I don't know for you but personnally this isn't really convincing. 

1 "We don't insist though" . Just that first sentence feels like whether we join Eagle or team or not, the leader of that team just don't care.

2 "Want to be a shark, stay with the Sharks. Want to be an eagle, stick with the Eagles". This feels already much more convincing and at the same time sounds like a threat.

3 "But remember, a container is a container, while +2 to loyalty is just a mere +2 to loyalty." Aaand no. I lost any motivation to join Eagle. 

IMO I would replace sentence 1 by something like: "We need you". Sentence 2 is good as it is so no need to change. However for sentence 3 I would put something like: " Join us and you'll receive a container, fight us and you'll meet the similar fate as your previous allies" or something like that.

It's just a detail but it would be nice if those simple line could be added to future similar event.

[POP]
Members
965 posts
11,667 battles

Wasn't there supposed to be an "Eagles Day" when everyone switched over?

Some folks didn't get the memo...

-Shark farming eagle tokens

[2347]
Members
335 posts
7,272 battles

I maxed out my Shark loyalty  (Shark from Day 1 just cause they're top predators IN THE OCEAN)  and looked forward to doing the same with Eagles, but coal is more valuable to me than tokens right now. So, I join the Eagles every day, switch to sharks to collect a free container, collect another free container for the win, and repeat. Farming is all this event really seems to be good for, but I wish it weren't so. I mean, I actually took Dasha's appeal to heart  and looked forward to the rewards she promised, but there aren't any without the team wins, so...Yeah, kind of boring.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,205 posts

Please remember this is a multi-national, multi-cultural game.

Direct translations come across a bit strange as certain aspects are more important to different cultures.

Yes, the original post is good for the US in the NA server, but would fail in the far-east, or maybe even as close as some parts of Canada.

There is also the AGE GROUP and TARGETED AUDIENCE considerations.

[LOU1]
Members
3,678 posts
10,000 battles
26 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Please remember this is a multi-national, multi-cultural game.

Direct translations come across a bit strange as certain aspects are more important to different cultures.

Yes, the original post is good for the US in the NA server, but would fail in the far-east, or maybe even as close as some parts of Canada.

There is also the AGE GROUP and TARGETED AUDIENCE considerations.

I just switched over to the Sharks team.  I'm now working for a Des Moines Shark nose so I can play the JAWS theme when I go for a ram.

I think the shark nose was only available for the Worcester.  The other camos are Freedom camos with an Eagle prow.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,205 posts
4 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

I think the shark nose was only available for the Worcester.  The other camos are Freedom camos with an Eagle prow.

You are right.

I have it for the Cleveland and I'm not real enthusiastic about it.  In fact, I've changed back to the regular premium camo.

Guess I'll just get coal....  lol

UNANSWERED QUESTION:

If we don't use the tokens, they get exchanged for credits (I have heard)..    HOW MANY/token ????   If it's enough, I'll just take the credits.

[PVE]
Members
15,356 posts
10,169 battles
10 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

already got my 75 shark loyalty points. Now farming eagles as much as possible

I am as well. I have spent my 195 Shark tokens, so looking to get 95 Eagles tokens.

10 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

Wasn't there supposed to be an "Eagles Day" when everyone switched over?

Some folks didn't get the memo...

-Shark farming eagle tokens

Well, IF you got 5 loyalty a day, then Thu, Aug 9th, you would have 75 loyalty to your team and could switch on Fri, Aug 10th to the new team. I don't think everyone got 5 loyalty a day, so not everyone switched. Not to mention all the people that don't read the forum or the in-game news items.