You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Pirates of Carribean describing WOWs

18 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
9,083 posts
10,922 battles

That moment when you accidentally shoot allied ship...

BD671F54-6BB3-4242-8839-D2B146A494B5.jpeg.bf208b9dbd26932f3ac6a101344594f6.jpeg

What White Line should really be like...

E0BEFB2D-DC3D-4405-975B-FA8C7B5C8D41.jpeg.dffb92231bab965d65936a32a52b9d60.jpeg

How most people seem to think of EULA...

59070BE0-B63B-4B24-9D34-3D1E7D9F7867.jpeg.336f5d832bcd5887bbb9cb47d6410b6f.jpeg

And how weekend players seem to react to cap counters and battle timers...

695B6D83-C875-4394-9630-2B246138A804.jpeg.7c0131df809a3118333893198c39f160.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles
1 hour ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

Because I drank it all

You'll need a lot more after watching the trailer for Star Wars: Resistance.

Members
2,587 posts
7,477 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

yeah.... that did not leave me impressed at all, we sacrificed 3 seasons of Clone wars for Rebels and this.

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles
1 minute ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

yeah.... that did not leave me impressed at all, we sacrificed 3 seasons of Clone wars for Rebels and this.

At least Rebels kept some things from the Clone Wars. This on the other hand...

Actually, let Ari show you her reaction after seeing the trailer (don't mind her attire):

Arizona Nightclothes.png

• Funny 1

[POP]
Members
1,637 posts
17,763 battles
38 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

After reading your post went and had look at this trailer for this resistance, what in gods name is Disney doing have they lost their minds, they seem determined to pi$$ away that 4.5 billion investment and make a lot of fans even more pi$$ed in the process and people bitched about how bad George Lucas's prequels were think again.

regards     

Edited by tm63au

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles
17 hours ago, tm63au said:

After reading your post went and had look at this trailer for this resistance, what in gods name is Disney doing have they lost their minds, they seem determined to pi$$ away that 4.5 billion investment and make a lot of fans even more pi$$ed in the process and people bitched about how bad George Lucas's prequels were think again.

regards     

While the prequels weren't perfect, I'd dare say that Lucas deserved praise for daring to forge a completely unique and quite compelling plot and that, had he let others write out the dialogue, it would probably be the equal of the OTs (not to mention the new levels of expanded universe potential they gave us, and I'd say ROTS is on the same level or even better than ROTJ). The Clone Wars is evidence of what they could've become.

On the other hand, both of the current sequel movies feel like ANH and ESB rehashed at best. Considering how they managed to pump out 2 movies within 2 years, in comparison to the usual 3-4 year gap between OT movies and PT movies, I'd say it's evidence that Disney really hasn't put quite as much thought into making them good.

Rogue One, I'd say, was the best of the new movies, followed by Solo (although I do feel like there's just something that makes it not feel like a Star Wars movie).

As for animated shows, I think they completely dropped the ball here. When the most popular move Disney has made with the audience so far is bringing back the Clone Wars (both the 2019 finisher and the appearances in Rebels), I'd say something is wrong.

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,149 posts
5,158 battles
8 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

While the prequels weren't perfect, I'd dare say that Lucas deserved praise for daring to forge a completely unique and quite compelling plot and that, had he let others write out the dialogue, it would probably be the equal of the OTs (not to mention the new levels of expanded universe potential they gave us, and I'd say ROTS is on the same level or even better than ROTJ). The Clone Wars is evidence

On the other hand, both of the current sequel movies feel like ANH and ESB rehashed at best. Considering how they managed to pump out 2 movies within 2 years, in comparison to the usual 3-4 year gap between OT movies and PT movies, I'd say it's evidence that Disney really hasn't put quite as much thought into making them good.

Rogue One, I'd say, was the best of the new movies, followed by Solo (although I do feel like there's just something that makes it not feel like a Star Wars movie).

As for animated shows, I think they completely dropped the ball here. When the most popular move Disney has made with the audience so far is bringing back the Clone Wars (both the 2019 finisher and the appearances in Rebels), I'd say something is wrong.

It looks like Redlettermedia won the propaganda war, causing Lucas to surrender Star Wars.  And we're all paying for it now.

E05VKAT.jpg

[RKLES]
Members
9,083 posts
10,922 battles
13 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

While the prequels weren't perfect, I'd dare say that Lucas deserved praise for daring to forge a completely unique and quite compelling plot and that, had he let others write out the dialogue, it would probably be the equal of the OTs (not to mention the new levels of expanded universe potential they gave us, and I'd say ROTS is on the same level or even better than ROTJ). The Clone Wars is evidence

Rebels became tolerable after they went more mandalorian heavy and went back to more like Nandalorians should be in many ways. Although no means perfect.

Biggest thing I dislike was all the Star Wars EU being declared “ Non Cannon” especially when a lot of it seamlessly connects with episodes I-VI so perfectly. Disney was making big mistake basically being lazy with that.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,189 posts
4,996 battles
29 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Rebels became tolerable after they went more mandalorian heavy and went back to more like Nandalorians should be in many ways. Although no means perfect.

Ugh... I was JUST thinking about restarting trying to watch The Clone Wars and go on into Rebels after my last abortive attempt, and that line just killed it for me. I am sick. To death. Of Mandalorians. I went along with the bounty hunter story in SWotR and came out of that alright, but every other appearance of them that I've seen is just... GAH!!! They're like edgelord Klingon hipsters! "Oh you're the right hand of the Sith Emperor, with entire armies at your disposal and capable of bringing even the most battle-hardened foes to their knees single-handedly? Big deal, I hunt stuff. Come back when you've killed a giant worm, scrub. And not just some worm you killed on the way to your objective, the worm has to be the goal or it doesn't count." I cannot BEGIN to articulate how much they torque me off at times!

[RKLES]
Members
9,083 posts
10,922 battles
55 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Ugh... I was JUST thinking about restarting trying to watch The Clone Wars and go on into Rebels after my last abortive attempt, and that line just killed it for me. I am sick. To death. Of Mandalorians. I went along with the bounty hunter story in SWotR and came out of that alright, but every other appearance of them that I've seen is just... GAH!!! They're like edgelord Klingon hipsters! "Oh you're the right hand of the Sith Emperor, with entire armies at your disposal and capable of bringing even the most battle-hardened foes to their knees single-handedly? Big deal, I hunt stuff. Come back when you've killed a giant worm, scrub. And not just some worm you killed on the way to your objective, the worm has to be the goal or it doesn't count." I cannot BEGIN to articulate how much they torque me off at times!

The Rebels Mandalorians are different than Death Watch or the Peaceful Clone Wars Mandalorians. And the True Mandalorians I would put more into the ninja or Samurai category in many ways.  You might find them more appealing since innorder for me to show some aproval you should know that they had to be more like the Mandalorians from some of the EU books. If you can deal with how Samaria are then you might be ok with the Rebels Mandalorians.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,189 posts
4,996 battles

I have no idea who/what Samaria is/are, I have not read any of the current or previous EU. My issue isn't Mandalorian hippies, it's Mandalorians as "super-awesome better than you bounty hunters who don't need the force to be extra special awesome COOOOOOL!" and not willing to give someone the time of day without pitting them against stacked odds in a gladiator match. Basically, like I said, edgelord hipster Klingons.

It's the ones that are like those stories where Batman is best superhero EVAR and can take down the whole Justice League solo, except he knows it and lords it over everyone else. THOSE are the Mandalorians I hate.

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles
2 hours ago, Landsraad said:

I have no idea who/what Samaria is/are, I have not read any of the current or previous EU. My issue isn't Mandalorian hippies, it's Mandalorians as "super-awesome better than you bounty hunters who don't need the force to be extra special awesome COOOOOOL!" and not willing to give someone the time of day without pitting them against stacked odds in a gladiator match. Basically, like I said, edgelord hipster Klingons.

It's the ones that are like those stories where Batman is best superhero EVAR and can take down the whole Justice League solo, except he knows it and lords it over everyone else. THOSE are the Mandalorians I hate.

You can probably blame Karen Traviss for a lot of that, as among the Star Wars EU writers she was probably the most prominent one that hyped the Mandalorians as Mary Sue warriors, not to mention her hate-boner for the Jedi (seriously, Obi-Wan is a glory-hound and uselessly wastes his men? That's the first and only time I've ever heard that accusation, and she didn't even provide evidence for that statement). She also does have a lot of problems when others disagree with her, both with regards to her canon (seriously, 3 million clones for an intergalactic war?) and her writing (apparently, she once called her critics Nazis and terrorists).

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,189 posts
4,996 battles
53 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

You can probably blame Karen Traviss for a lot of that, as among the Star Wars EU writers she was probably the most prominent one that hyped the Mandalorians as Mary Sue warriors, not to mention her hate-boner for the Jedi (seriously, Obi-Wan is a glory-hound and uselessly wastes his men? That's the first and only time I've ever heard that accusation, and she didn't even provide evidence for that statement). She also does have a lot of problems when others disagree with her, both with regards to her canon (seriously, 3 million clones for an intergalactic war?) and her writing (apparently, she once called her critics Nazis and terrorists).

Oh I am WELL aware of her since she somehow got her hands on a whole trilogy of Halo books. A trilogy that went from portraying ONI as ruthless and untrustworthy but ultimately acting with humanity's best interests at heart, and Dr. Halsey recognizing her methods as extreme and unethical but, once again, necessary; to everyone but the Spartans hating Halsey the mad scientist, ONI actively trying to destabilize the alliance between the elites and humans (and SOMEHOW being the good guys while doing it), and various characters being infantilised if not treated as incompetent, while the rest are just super-duper awesome at everything they do (except Halsey, who's an evil meany-pants that smells bad).

I ask you, HOW am I supposed to take our villain, an insurrectionist leader and high-ranking elite mind you, with ANY kind of seriousness when the scene where his wife confronts him about stealing a ship and hiding it in a secret location is handled with all the gravity of an exasperated mom finding out her kids have built a treehouse with "no grrrls alloud" written on it and reacts basically by saying "okay, whatever, have fun. Dinner's at 7"? Was I supposed to find what-her-name being promoted to head of ONI in anyway sinister or ominous? Or having any weight at all for that matter? Because it's not. In fact the "you may even get to start a war" line is said with all the impact of "and if you're really good, we can get ice cream on the way home." I couldn't even START the second one, the first part left that bad a taste in my mouth. It didn't even have the decency to be over-the-top cheesey like Cole Protocol was!

*sigh* Eric Nylund, please come back! Please save us from this madness!

[WOLF9]
Members
9,407 posts
4,243 battles

I missed this thread.  It deserves a bump, and some love.

{Love the whilte line!)

Please update for Pirate Wars.

@Admiral_Thrawn_1

Edited by iDuckman

[RKLES]
Members
9,083 posts
10,922 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I missed this thread.  It deserves a bump, and some love.

{Love the whilte line!)

Please update for Pirate Wars.

@Admiral_Thrawn_1

Lol I will work on coming up with something fun again. :Smile_honoring: