You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Your_RNG_Score

15 Minor Things that would improve WoWs

94 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles

I thought was gonna see 15 random trashy things but... wow. I support everything. 

• Cool 4

[HYDRO]
Members
3,169 posts
4,785 battles

Nice suggestions! :Smile_great:

I would personally add making the AP shells more visible, in some maps the skybox makes it difficult to see them.

• Cool 8

[DAKI]
Members
239 posts
8,893 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I would personally add making the AP shells more visible, in some maps the skybox makes it difficult to see them.

That's actually a very good suggestion, I once got blapped in Clan Battles because of this (it was in warriors path shots from SW to NE, it completely blend in with the sun)

[WOLF5]
Members
687 posts
13,759 battles

These are excellent suggestions. I would like to see more of this than...Dat other ship is OP!

Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles

I would start by removing cartoons and then maybe nerfing premiums instead of powercreeping to balance them out.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[DAKI]
Members
239 posts
8,893 battles
1 hour ago, this_might_be_slak__ said:

You spent time on this.

Im all for UI improvments.  Absolutely yes.

Yeah i did spent time thinking :D

[SPTR]
Members
26,642 posts
12,886 battles

I like and support these ideas /^.\\

i know how bout the ability to save a signal flap loadout then when you unlock a ship while grinding down the line you can just click once and all the signals you selected in the loadout will go all automatically onto the ship instead of clicking which signal flag to put on like 8 times.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,715 posts
11,019 battles
3 hours ago, Your_RNG_Score said:

11. Take away the ships (artillery/AA defense/ Meneuverablity) rating because it really doesn't mean anything tbh, I would hope it shows actual numbers instead 

image.png.968282367d39f8a7a6de94b1e8a85030.png

(srry for bad drawing skillz lul) 

I will not comment on that speechless drawing skill but I feel like it can easily be a pain to read especially for new player. If I didn't know AA on ship had several different aura I would be like wth are those number ? Same for Maneuverability. 37.8kts (I assume this is with speed flag btw) 3s ? If I'm a new player I would think this ship can reach 37.8kts in 3 sec which is maybe not entirely false for DD but for BB or CA like Henri that can reach 5 sec ruddershift, it might be confusing. 

3 hours ago, Your_RNG_Score said:

14. Add "General Discussion" to the In-game Chat room because currently if I just want to randomly discuss things about the game, there are no such channel really provided

Those General Discussion might turn into a place where people will just throw salt. But if someone is appointed as moderator well why not.

And for the rest I agree 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,169 posts
4,785 battles
9 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I will not comment on that speechless drawing skill but I feel like it can easily be a pain to read especially for new player. If I didn't know AA on ship had several different aura I would be like wth are those number ? Same for Maneuverability. 37.8kts (I assume this is with speed flag btw) 3s ? If I'm a new player I would think this ship can reach 37.8kts in 3 sec which is maybe not entirely false for DD but for BB or CA like Henri that can reach 5 sec ruddershift, it might be confusing. 

The best example of how misleading those ratings can be is Clemson. Using the upgraded hull that doubles your firepower increases the artillery rating by 1.:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles

all ships in fleet auto premium consumables option. So aggravating to get in game and find you have the standard consumables option for some reason.

[FOG]
Members
518 posts
5,753 battles
3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

A number of us have requested this specifically for the Scharnhorst and the Graf Spee as their AP rounds are quite hard to see.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,921 posts
14,539 battles

I support most of these.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,285 posts
2,940 battles
2 hours ago, Your_RNG_Score said:

Yeah i did spent time thinking :D

Hey, you're already ahead of most players!

I like the ideas overall. I'd adjust 4 to being able to pick a default ammo type for each ship that is loaded when the battle starts. So irritating when your first BB salvo at that over-extended cruiser is the HE you had trying to get that DD at the end of last game.

[SALVO]
Members
20,937 posts
21,039 battles
4 hours ago, Your_RNG_Score said:

Here are the few suggestions I would like to make so that we can have better experience without much fixes required:

1. Enable the ability to "Hide" rentals ships so that we cannot see it in port (Just like ARP/HSF collaboration and Dragon Ships)

2. Of course the ability to demount all flags......... who doesn't want it :cap_haloween:

3. Increase the limit of the "Compact Carasole View" to 6 since more and more ships are being released and people actually owned more ships

4. Automatically Load AP for BBs (for first salvo) when its the first time your sailing your brand new BB

5. Provide a Warning when you set sail of your brand new untouched ship if either no skill point commander have been assigned/ No upgrade have been purchased/ No premium consumable (this warning should only appear on the first time sailing the ship)

6. Disable the ability to show what ships are in que when waiting for a match in Ranked battle since that could affect people taking DFAA/Hydro or just leave the que until they see no CV are present

7. Replace the "15" with Clan tag, because seriously who really looks at your own service record?

as well as here 

8. Display more information on the "Ship Parameters" such as Main Battery Sigma, Torpedo Flooding Chance

9. Allow players to do "Default" Turret position (the one in port) in game. If we have the ability to Ctrl+X to lock a gun at a bearing, why can't we have Ctrl+C to set it to Default position?

10. Allow players to de-select skills from a commander individually using doubloon with a more hefty price (Redistribute option should still remain)

11. Take away the ships (artillery/AA defense/ Meneuverablity) rating because it really doesn't mean anything tbh, I would hope it shows actual numbers instead 

image.png.968282367d39f8a7a6de94b1e8a85030.png

(srry for bad drawing skillz lul)

12. Auto-check "Auto Resupply" option when you changed into a premium consumable (or make this option available on the control settings)

13. Increase CV signal limit from 4 to 6, CV grinding is already hard but we can't even mount all the XP boost flag~~

14. Add "General Discussion" to the In-game Chat room because currently if I just want to randomly discuss things about the game, there are no such channel really provided

15. Allow "Hide Status" option so chat box doesn't show on other peoples end when the player gets in que (useful for events such as pirate crew/ avoid clans intentionally snipe each other clans during CB)

1.  Agreed.  Though if you're using the carousel filter to just show tier 10's, you can make the rentals go away by turning on Elite ships only.  That said, doing that might filter out certain tier 10's that require additional research which you have yet to complete, like the torps on a Shimmy.

2. 100000000000000000000000000% Agree.

3. Personally don't care since I don't use the compact carousel, but also have no problem with either.

4. Would be nice, but not really the end of the world kind of necessary.

5. Sounds good to me.

6. Disagree.  100% Disagree.  :cap_viking:

7. Sounds ok.  Not a deal breaker, but I don't have any problem with this.

8.  Agreed.  Heck, I'd like to see more info about my weapons while I'm in battle and want to hover my cursor over the shells or torp "boxes" at the bottom of the screen.

9. 1000000000000000000% Agree.  I've also suggested this in Pigeon's suggestion thread in the past.

10. This would be nice but I doubt it would happen.

11. Ratings.  While this sounds good, what values should end up being shown?  I think that there would be a great difference of opinion on what data points to show in place of the rating numbers.

12+13:  Sounds good to me.

14: Really don't care.

15: Sounds good to me.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,080 posts
13,774 battles

These are some really great suggestions! 

I'll make sure the right person sees them.

• Cool 13

[SBS]
Members
4,170 posts
2,408 battles
4 hours ago, Your_RNG_Score said:

6. Disable the ability to show what ships are in que when waiting for a match in Ranked battle since that could affect people taking DFAA/Hydro or just leave the que until they see no CV are present

I avoid CVs in ranked at all costs.  The CVs decide which team wins.  I play ranked to have a say in if I win or lose, I don't want to leave that to chance of getting a good or bad CV player on my team. 

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,206 battles

I support everything except maybe the flooding chance option. As it stands in the files, flood chance for torpedoes are generally over 100%, which would then have players asking "well how do I have a flood chance of 200% yet I didn't flood. While I guess you could have the same argument about fire chance, the flood chance is just a bit too confusing to add.

[H_]
Members
2,173 posts

I'd suggest a 16th:  Allow players to "opt out" of allowing 3d party software access to WoWs game play data.  Opting out would allow pilots to be "invisible" inside the game as well statistically.  A privacy option.

This would eliminate statistic's bashing and allow an individual to play the game as they wish without having to hear about how bad we are everyday we try to comment or make suggestions.....  It's supposed to be about fun: not who's the best....

Statistics allows some players to be toxic with data that really, is non-value added, because the game really doesn't use it at all for anything.....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[2347]
Members
319 posts
7,003 battles

Can we add standard hot keys for consumables while we're at it?

[NOBUL]
Members
335 posts
3,661 battles
5 hours ago, Your_RNG_Score said:

4. Automatically Load AP for BBs (for first salvo) when its the first time your sailing your brand new BB

Except on RN BBs! :cap_book: