You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

Salem Heal is a SCUM

100 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
202 posts
14,724 battles

The ship eats too much pen unlike Minotaur which only gets overpen. The heal basically doesn't work at all.

1.PNG

Edited by luckyhoho
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
20 minutes ago, luckyhoho said:

The ship eats too much pen unlike Minotaur which only gets overpen. The heal basically doesn't work at all.

I know you're right and every fiber of my mind and body tells me not to buy this thing, I'm just hoping something better comes along with next patch

Otherwise that coal will burn a hole in my pocket and I'll be forced to buy it :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-TKS-]
Members
337 posts
6,907 battles
10 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I know you're right and every fiber of my mind and body tell me not to buy this thing, I'm just hoping something better comes along with next patch

Otherwise that coal will burn a hole in my pocket and I'll be forced to buy it :)

my feelings exactly x2

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[WOLF2]
Members
202 posts
14,724 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I knew it wasn't good, I'm content to save coal.

lol you are so smart

• Bad 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,836 posts
8,803 battles

Well there is something Salem has over Mino which is armor so duh, she will receive more pen than overpen. Most Des Moines player will make this ship work because it's basically a Des Moines with better heal.

But I wouldn't mind if WG decide to give Mino armor to Salem, I would gladly take my Henri and front citadel their bow. :cap_haloween:

[BNKR]
Members
216 posts
1,900 battles

I'm in no way ready for tier x, anyway. I will stick to tiers IV - VII for now. 

• Cool 4

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:47 AM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I knew it wasn't good, I'm content to save coal.

Unfortunately I am coming to the same conclusion as well. I was really looking forward to getting her, but with these posts all similarly noting its deficiencies, I think I am going to have to pass on it....darn....

Edited by DJC_499

[FOG]
Members
378 posts
5,115 battles
6 hours ago, luckyhoho said:

1.PNG

I wish there was a "sympathy" key or something like that to register for you.....

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,714 posts
18,486 battles
23 hours ago, luckyhoho said:

1.PNG

At least you got your daily win in the Salem?  :cap_yes:

EDIT:  Jeez.  Some people have no sense of humor.  :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,059 posts
4,743 battles

who would have thought that removing a radar from a cruiser completely changes her gameplay.with better heal she can now "agressively" engage enemies.well at tier10,agression comes with a price.

• Funny 1

[ADR]
Members
4,317 posts
13,554 battles

How is it you do good in your Des Moines, but you fail at your Salem.. you are doing things  different obviously, thinking you can yolo tank because you have some super heal.  Play it like your DM and you will do just as good.

Edited by Shadowrigger1
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
648 posts
23,324 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

who would have thought that removing a radar from a cruiser completely changes her gameplay.with better heal she can now "agressively" engage enemies.well at tier10,agression comes with a price.

Gee, I must be one of the lucky ones. I have a Salem with Radar and faster heal than my DM and better rate of fire!

Who knew..  

• Cool 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,059 posts
4,743 battles
10 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

Gee, I must be one of the lucky ones. I have a Salem with Radar and faster heal than my DM and better rate of fire!

Who knew..  

rIlfNFS.png

this time i [edited] up.

[WOLF2]
Members
202 posts
14,724 battles
2 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

They took away radar and hydro to counter DD, while giving back nothing real to fight BB. Obviously a great failure lol

Beta Testers
934 posts
6,141 battles

Lolwut

Stop sailing around out in the open trying to do sweet trix. If you are taking massive AP pen then you aren't bow angling properly. It's basically the same thing as the DM with a much better heal.

The heal has saved me a NUMBER of times. People try to HE you to death while tanking and thats when the heal comes into play.

The radar is fine and I'd gladly trade a slight bit of radar range for the heal the Salem gets.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
648 posts
23,324 battles
15 minutes ago, luckyhoho said:

They took away radar and hydro to counter DD, while giving back nothing real to fight BB. Obviously a great failure lol

Perhaps you missed the MEMO,,,,,,Salem has RADAR

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
202 posts
14,724 battles
Just now, fbrrhd said:

Perhaps you missed the MEMO,,,,,,Salem has RADAR

Any DD with a brain will be long gone before you pop you little toy "RADAR"

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
1 hour ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

How is it you do good in your Des Moines, but you fail at your Salem.. you are doing things  different obviously, thinking you can yolo tank because you have some super heal.  Play it like your DM and you will do just as good.

The point is why would you buy it if it plays like a DM - The DM appears to be a very successful ship in it's own right for the people who like her/know how to play her 

For those of us who aren't good on the DM or are learning DM playstyle, the Salem would be an even bigger mistake. Why would anyone choose the Salem over the DM?

I can't see any good reason to buy this ship, especially now that everyone will have free perm camo and a legendary mod avail on the DM

Premiums have to offer SOMETHING lol

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,317 posts
13,554 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

The point is why would you buy it if it plays like a DM - The DM appears to be a very successful ship in it's own right for the people who like her/know how to play her 

For those of us who aren't good on the DM or are learning DM playstyle, the Salem would be an even bigger mistake. Why would anyone choose the Salem over the DM?

I can't see any good reason to buy this ship, especially now that everyone will have free perm camo and a legendary mod avail on the DM

Perhaps do your due Diligence and research the ship before you buy it.  There ad NUMEROUS videos out there,  if you can't be bother to do some research before buying, then you deserve every bit of heartache you receive from the ship.

You have NO excuse for not knowing what you are getting before you get it.

Premiums offer you Added XP  and Silver gains. THAT is all you are entilted to with a Premium,   Premiums should not be Better than their tech tree counterpart.

Edited by Shadowrigger1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PRU]
Members
112 posts
4,313 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Ummm, to get a ship in a line I have no intention of grinding?

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
202 posts
14,724 battles
1 minute ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Perhaps do your due Diligence and research the ship before you buy it.  There ad NUMEROUS videos out there,  if you can't be bother to do some research before buying, then you deserve every bit of heartache you receive from the ship.

You have NO excuse for not knowing what you are getting before you get it.

Premiums offer you Added XP  and Silver gains. THAT is all you are entilted to with a Premium,   Premiums should not be Better than their tech tree counterpart.

Unfortunately, it doesn't provide any extra silver gain, nor does the XP got any multiplier, from what I saw, it get lower XP gain than DM.

Videos out there? you know the ST cannot really say things bad about the ships right? the most they can do is saying "this ship doesn't play very different from DM" lol

AND if you only listen to other people why do you play the game yourself even then? Mr. Keyboard Warrior 

[SIDE]
Members
753 posts
3,480 battles
11 hours ago, luckyhoho said:

So would you have rather of bought the Mushashi with the coal?

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
202 posts
14,724 battles
10 minutes ago, jdlobo said:

Ummm, to get a ship in a line I have no intention of grinding?

how you come to the conclusion that 180000 coal is not a grind.............