You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

needed to share this...

8 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,683 posts
9,788 battles

LOL. One of our cats will run the minute I get the sweeper out. The other one is a bit braver and will only run when I sweep too close to her. Both of them eventually will be at the back door yowling to be let out though.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,644 posts
13,211 battles
5 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Oh hey, it's @Lert

'tis.

Beta Testers
1,227 posts
8,640 battles

I volunteer at local animal shelters, one of which has several hundred free roaming cats. Typically bringing out the vacuum of death results in a stampede of fear, but not all cats.

Shelter took in this really easy going fellow that wasn't bothered by anything and named Hobo. In fact, he loved having his fur rubbed with the brush attachment of a running vacuum and rolled around and drooled while all the other cats hid in terror. Better than a brushing from his perspective.

Nice lady stopped in the shelter one day, and insisted the cat she adopts needs to be calm because all the cats she previously had were skittish. I promptly pulled out the vacuum, all the other cats ran in terror while Hobo promptly plopped down for his customary Bissell massage. She adopted him on the spot. Sent a picture to us a few months later of her laying on the couch with Hobo happy as could be with a couple of her dogs in a very oppulent house. Lesson to cats - don't be afraid of the vacuum.

[BBICT]
Members
3,497 posts
3,717 battles

I've know a cat that didn't care one bit about the vacuum. If you wanted to sweep the floor, you had to pick him off of it, otherwise he would lay in the middle and watch you... 

[PSP]
Members
6,683 posts
9,788 battles
2 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

I volunteer at local animal shelters, one of which has several hundred free roaming cats. Typically bringing out the vacuum of death results in a stampede of fear, but not all cats.

I once had a long-haired yellow tabby male that was the most laid back cat I've ever seen. He was a stray that just showed up in the garage one winter, all matted and infected from dog bites. The first thing he did when I walked over to him where he was curled up on the saw was put his paw on my chest. I had to take him to the vet to get an antibiotic for him and then spend quite a bit of time cutting the mats out of his fur but he never made a peep, even when I would accidentally nick his skin. He used to hang out in the shop and at first I thought he might be deaf because none of the machinery bothered him; however, he could hear a mouse rustle the grass fifty feet away and run right to it. That cat liked to be around people more than any cat I've ever seen. He ended up being my Mom's cat when I went out west to teach and she still talks about him 20 years after he died. She loved having a "cuddle cat" that would never scratch or bite no matter how much she rubbed on him.