You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
diddlyv

Next Free Experience Ship

67 comments in this topic

[TORP]
Members
279 posts
24,808 battles

When can we expect the next free experience ship to be released and what type and tier is anticipated? 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,538 posts
15,734 battles

I will be honest, after the Missouri, they are all busts. Nelson...strong unless uptiered….Musashi..check that 62 second turret traverse....no AA, no speed, no secondarys…. the Kronshstink…. need a division or a village to play it.... that 16 second reload is epic... everyone wants to go full Moskva and go in reverse all game...

save your free xp for when the Mizzou comes back or use it elsewhere....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CRMSN]
Members
8,344 posts
8,913 battles
9 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

I will be honest, after the Missouri, they are all busts. Nelson...strong unless uptiered….Musashi..check that 62 second turret traverse....no AA, no speed, no secondarys…. the Kronshstink…. need a division or a village to play it.... that 16 second reload is epic... everyone wants to go full Moskva and go in reverse all game...

Ah, no.

Nelson is strong no matter what tier she's facing. 16 inch masterblaster HE, with the ability to print a new ship almost at will. Musashi is Yamato, with no AA. If you can play Yammy, you can play Musashi. Kron is an absolute blast to play, deleting cruisers and citadeling Yammy's and any other BB that comes her way.

Someone doesn't understand how to play some ships, I'm thinking.

• Cool 9

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,538 posts
15,734 battles
13 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Ah, no.

Nelson is strong no matter what tier she's facing. 16 inch masterblaster HE, with the ability to print a new ship almost at will. Musashi is Yamato, with no AA. If you can play Yammy, you can play Musashi. Kron is an absolute blast to play, deleting cruisers and citadeling Yammy's and any other BB that comes her way.

Someone doesn't understand how to play some ships, I'm thinking.

lols. figure the cost or the hours needed to obtain these ships.... and tell me they are worth either the hundreds of dollars or several hundreds of hours needed to obtain them......

Someone doesn't know how to value his time or money.....I'm thinking.

• Cool 2

[SOUP]
Privateers, Supertester, Modder
8,426 posts

Scuttlebutt says Jean Bart might be, but we'll see

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I'm guessing it will be Alaska forward the USN. They need something to replace the Missouri.  

Or the Jean Bart for the French? 

Another possibility is some mystery ship for the Germans. 

At current, the all the "popular" nations have something available to them. 

RN - Nelson, IJN -  Musashi, USN - ex Missouri, RUS - Kronstad

USN needs an FExp replacement, KM (Germany) is missing, as is the French. All those lines have at least have 2 full tech tree lines to them. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,043 posts
9,373 battles

im guessing either Jean Bart or Alaska, one being a Free Xp and the other being a coal ship, at least thats what im hoping for

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
686 posts
8,401 battles
54 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Mo was just an Iowa with radar and mad money printing ability. Good bote no doubt but no “gimmicks” either. Got to straight know how to play a t9 bb

Nelson is a hoot breathing fire and burning everything in sight. I cit cruisers with he. She stands up fine at any tier and the Mu...... who doesn’t like those huge guns? 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,538 posts
15,734 battles
12 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Mo was just an Iowa with radar and mad money printing ability. Good bote no doubt but no “gimmicks” either. Got to straight know how to play a t9 bb

Nelson is a hoot breathing fire and burning everything in sight. I cit cruisers with he. She stands up fine at any tier and the Mu...... who doesn’t like those huge guns? 

At what point do you think that I don't know what I am talking about, or that I  don't have all of these ships? they all are good ships... But are they worth the hours or dollars that it takes to obtain them ...while their WR is in line with other ships that cost less or free to play tech tree ships....

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
7 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Mo's Gimmick is her Radar. Spec'd for Secondaries those DP127s reach out to the same range. 

Sure she's a Premium but with a designated CMDR with the following build:

PT - AR - SI - AFT - MFCSB - RDF - PM

CE traded for RDF makes up of the lesser concealment as it allows you to know IF a ship is closer to you than what is naturally spotted. 

Sure they know they're located BUT you're potentially always pushing into radar range; while feigning dodging return fire. IF they're gambling on you not having RDF and they push into radar range their trapped in your SBs. 

Missouri Full Secondaries is potentially fearsome with a designated CMDR. But simply the SB range mod + AFT is good enough a surprise. But MFCSB is the greatest surprise, who EXPECTs a non-KM or FR BB to spec for Secondaries.  

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,043 posts
9,373 battles
11 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

We're up to what will most likely be 5 or 6 free XP "supercruisers"/battleships and still no FXP DD in sight. 

:Smile_sad:

because WG knows BBs and  cruisers will sell better than a DD

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

because WG knows BBs and  cruisers will sell better than a DD

Well DLs (Destroyer Leaders) might. Khabarovsk or ships similar come to mind; CLs without Citadels, reverse Yūbari's.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,466 posts
6,775 battles

Considering that Jean Bart was revealed earlier and tested earlier, she will be the next free xp/coal ship. Alaska still has not hit the testing and therefore nowhere near release (most likely around the end of Oct to Nov).

[QUACC]
Members
213 posts
10,329 battles
2 hours ago, APA_204 said:

Musashi is OP compared to the regular tech tree roster of T9 BBs, and is probably the 2nd best credit and XP printer in the game after the Missouri, no idea why she's some kind of bust?
You can argue about them not being worth the time to grind out, but 750k XP isn't that far off what it takes to get to T10 in a regular line and they're still "worth" it. 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,538 posts
15,734 battles
4 minutes ago, Hotel_a_QT said:

Musashi is OP compared to the regular tech tree roster of T9 BBs, and is probably the 2nd best credit and XP printer in the game after the Missouri, no idea why she's some kind of bust?
You can argue about them not being worth the time to grind out, but 750k XP isn't that far off what it takes to get to T10 in a regular line and they're still "worth" it. 

Please correct yourself. 750k xp is easy, Free xp is a 5% derivative of XP. Yes, there a numerous ways to increase one's "free XP" but they all are hideously slow unless you pay money. 

And give me an Alsace 1v1 on against a Musashi…. 

• Boring 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles

woah crap,i forgot about jean bart.

i hope alaska comes as the free exp and jean as the coal.

[QUACC]
Members
213 posts
10,329 battles

Even if we ignore that the game isn't 1v1s, I'm not sure you want to be 1v1'ing a ship that has a massive overmatch advantage on you. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,143 posts
5,955 battles
Just now, Hotel_a_QT said:

Even if we ignore that the game isn't 1v1s, I'm not sure you want to be 1v1'ing a ship that has a massive overmatch advantage on you. 

i got you covered bro.

1000x hours at photoshop.

8tMhLRL.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,043 posts
9,373 battles
26 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i hope alaska comes as the free exp and jean as the coal.

you and me both, but it can be JB as Free XP and Alaska as coal, i wouldnt care either way

• Boring 1

[-DZ-]
[-DZ-]
Members
632 posts
28,052 battles

What about the t10 alsase? Ik it would likely be a steel or coal ship, but free exp might be uniqueBE6CF7C2-A578-4273-8311-8F68867E1A88.thumb.png.3eb01f866e0fac92ba79d356aa2c78f3.png

Edited by Submarine_M1