You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlueFalc0n66

Seeking Clan

10 comments in this topic

[NAM-4]
[NAM-4]
Members
77 posts
4,852 battles

Easy going 51 Y/O retired US Army guy looking at learning about the Navy.  Big into FPS's and have been part of the same FPS clan since 2002, so not a clan jumper. Seeking folks that like hanging out and shooting the crap while they play.  Looking to better my game.  Discord/Teamspeak/Ventrillo a must.  Thanks.

Edited by BlueFalc0n66
  • Cool 1

[EPOXY]
Members
429 posts
3,194 battles
59 minutes ago, BlueFalc0n66 said:

Easy going 51 Y/O retired US Army guy looking at learning about the Navy.  Big into FPS's and have been part of the same FPS clan since 2002, so not a clan jumper. Seeking folks that like hanging out and shooting the crap while they play.  Looking to better my game.  Discord/Teamspeak/Ventrillo a must.  Thanks.

Who the hell uses Ventrilo anymore? I haven't touched that since 2009-2010.

But anyway, my fleet, Steel Dragons, is always recruiting!

Forums: https://steeldragonsfleet.enjin.com/

Our recruitment topic is in my signature below.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
376 posts
7,245 battles
1 hour ago, BlueFalc0n66 said:

Easy going . . . folks that like hanging out and shooting the crap while they play. . .

you've pretty much described GWG

[NAM-4]
[NAM-4]
Members
77 posts
4,852 battles
9 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

The 6 months away is a killer, you may want to wait to join a clan until you get back.

I edited the post as I will have internet and be able to play, although about 13 hours ahead of east coast time.  

• Cool 1

[XO]
Members
206 posts
8,226 battles

Template B 2.png

https://navygamingamerica.enjin.com 

An application can be found under "RECRUITMENT" in the header.    
                                                                 [TeamSpeak is NGA's Communication Link]

Edited by CIT_Happens
placement
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
112 posts
1,366 battles

@BlueFalc0n66  -

Most clans assume that prospective members will be playing at the same time they do, and will have a gaming schedule that synchronizes with Clan Battle times in the clan wars. The default assumption appears to be US East Coast time zone, 7-11pm, plus weekend afternoons.

Obviously, this is a silly assumption. Nevertheless, most recruiters persist in not giving times in their recruitment post, or saying "oh, somebody is almost always on." However, to enjoy and participate in a clan, you need to meet the majority of members, the leadership, and (eventually) the people organizing and running the CB( clan wars) team. Effectively,. you must ask about the clan's prime gaming times when you interview with them.

For example, my prime gaming time is later evening, Pacific Time, and less than a half dozen frequently posting clans here have leadership that keeps my hours, much less yours. Finding a really big clan, that at least has some people on at your time, could be your best hope.

I don't recommend mentioning your gaming time (especially if it's 13 hours offset from the "default" US East Coast time). This is because clan recruiters prefer to post and bump here, then sit back and wait for applications. If they go to the trouble to reading "looking for clan" posts here, the tend to be more critical and assume you are a trouble-maker or problem child. Even strong players with good records  collect flak in "looking for clan" posts.

• Cool 1

Members
201 posts
2,790 battles
19 hours ago, BlueFalc0n66 said:

Pffffft...Friggin Army playing a Naval Warfare game. I was 11C :Smile_teethhappy:

[NAM-4]
[NAM-4]
Members
77 posts
4,852 battles

Taking all into consideration, I appreciate the feedback.  I'll look for a clan once I get back from my 6 month deployment in SWA. Thanks to all who have responded. 

• Cool 1