You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

What is the conclusion on T-61?

49 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,308 battles
2 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

It's strong; but not quite OP. A torpedo boat with good gun boat potential.

+1 to this statement. It's a GudBoat

It does require the user to actually have good knowledge of DD torpedo play to actually do some good in this. This is actually great for your Z52 captain to jump on as a T6 ship. 

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,784 posts
6,276 battles

It’s strong by merit of being capable at most everything, but it’s not at all broken. It’s Destroyer Cesare, basically. 

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

It’s strong by merit of being capable at most everything, but it’s not at all broken. It’s Destroyer Cesare, basically. 

If its DD Cesare its broken because Cesare is far more broken then the belfast or the MK. 

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
15,385 posts
10,187 battles

It looks nice in port.

0ROYcnp.jpg

Give it a week for people to play it multiple times to get good impressions.

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

Well it seems to me to be a very "balanced" DD. Good at just about everything but not OP, kinda the Hindenburg of the German DDs.

[SBS]
Members
4,477 posts
2,408 battles
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Just now, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

If its DD Cesare its broken because Cesare is far more broken then the belfast or the MK. 

Cesare is a strong ship because its skill floor is so low.  There are no DDs with a low skill floor.  The T-61 will only be strong in the hands of experienced players.

Just now, Kizarvexis said:

It looks nice in port.

It is a nice looking ship, sleek and a sharp looking camo.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,784 posts
6,276 battles
15 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

It’s not though. Cesare is OP, but there’s nothing “broken” about it. It doesn’t hit too hard for its tier (like Nikolai), and it doesn’t have an overpowered, asymmetrical gimmick (like Belfast). Cesare is just highly capable and well rounded, and therefore rarely finds itself in a disadvantageous position. T-61 seems to be in a similar boat (pun intended). 

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It’s not though. Cesare is OP, but there’s nothing “broken” about it. It doesn’t hit too hard for its tier (like Nikolai), and it doesn’t have an overpowered, asymmetrical gimmick (like Belfast). Cesare is just highly capable and well rounded, and therefore rarely finds itself in a disadvantageous position. T-61 seems to be in a similar boat (pun intended). 

The Cesare is OP for many reasons. Its fast, agile unlike other BBs in the same tier. It has great dispersion and in the hands of an experienced player you will rekt everything in range. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
919 posts
14,166 battles

I have played some games in the T-61 today. I do not consider it, based on my six games, to be overpowered. The torpedoes do load fairly quickly, but like any DD, landing them is not a gimme. As I know was mentioned in some CC content, it is a good ship. But based on what I am seeing, it is not overpowered. It is better, in my opinion, than Gaede. But not so much so that I feel it breaks any game it is in. I do not consider it a Belfast or Cesare which, in capable hands, can unbalance a match. Like any DD, if you have made your offerings to Poseidon, gazed into your crystal ball, and whispered all the proper prayers to the western gods, you can have a stellar game. 

Respects,

Am

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,502 posts
15,495 battles

It is a Z52 at tier 6, adjusted for teir.

Better concealment.

Great Terps and ok guns.

OP in the right hands and just ok in potato hands like mine.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

8 KM torps are good when you're top tier. They're craprange when you're not. It has the same conceal as the z52 maxed (6.1). The guns are okay not great. I've been playing mine with a 12 point captain and following the same builds I use on my IJN and most of my other KM destroyers. Torp reload is great and the main selling point of the ship. Turning circle feels crapbut less crapthan most at tier but not best.

Played 3 or 4 games in mine so far, it's decent. Definitely not OP, I'd call it competitive. Cesare sucks pretty bad when you're uptiered in that too. Most things do.

3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It is a Z52 at tier 6, adjusted for teir.

Better concealment.

Great Terps and ok guns.

OP in the right hands and just ok in potato hands like mine.

It does feel very z52esque

Edited by w4spl3g

[WOLF4]
Members
795 posts
8,176 battles

The 61 is a really good boat - but just shy of OP.

This was the second match (of two I've played).

Ww2Dsr3.jpg

Its nice to have a premium KMS DD that I can drop my 52 Commander in.

NlXHR0m.png

I have the 39, as well - but BFT is a wasted skill on her, so I'm working on a separate Skipper for it.

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,823 posts
6,135 battles

Only one match so far, but oh my... :Smile_medal:

T-61 1st battle A.png

T-61 1st battle B.png

[CRMSN]
Members
8,344 posts
8,913 battles

It doesnt uptier against other Dds well. As a torpbote, it uptiers nicely, as a NC I devstruck found out the hard way. I'd say she's good, not OP. However, I also haven't gotten her in even a mid tier match yet, so, the jury is still out.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,544 posts
15,750 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Is it Belfast strong?

Is it Nicholai strong?

Is it so OP that it is going to be removed?

Or is it barely OP?

its tier 6. its like a moped, fun to ride until someone sees you on one. I would pay 9 det flags for a tier 6 ship....

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,059 posts
9,602 battles

The torps are good, especially the re-load times, and the guns are OK.  One thing found in my limited experience is that the propulsion and steering gets shot out a LOT.  Overall, a nice ship to play. 

[ICBM]
Members
584 posts
12,271 battles

There is no conclusion.

Early observations are she's a well-balanced ship that can have strong games with an experienced player.

[WOLF4]
Members
795 posts
8,176 battles
34 minutes ago, BigJohnsonLogan said:

shot-18_08.17_20_47.30-0088.thumb.jpg.97fdf97608d0e25d042f47de0e48a108.jpg

It's ok, I guess ...

Bottom tier match?  Otherwise, you pretty much cleared all the available HP on the red side!

#oneshipteam