You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Deleted

18 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles
9 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

With the recent changes in use of the Nazi symbol in games announced by the German A.G.https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/10/europe/germany-video-games-nazi-symbols-intl/index.html), will we be seeing a re-skinning of German warships, flags, etc. to properly reflect that period of time the ships represent?

The last thread in this topic last week got locked cause it went into politics really quickly. 

The general consensus was that we doubted it would happen. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Someone noted that the swastika is still illegal in Russia.  That's all you need to know.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles

I really don't care if the swastika is on the flag. What I would like to see though is period appropriate flags for the Germans, Imperial flag for that period, Weimar for the Wiemar Republic period and the current flag for the remaining time.  

[REVY]
Members
972 posts
7,825 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I really don't care if the swastika is on the flag. What I would like to see though is period appropriate flags for the Germans, Imperial flag for that period, Weimar for the Wiemar Republic period and the current flag for the remaining time.  

there are issues in Germany regarding the Imperial Flag, thus it is not included

[SIM]
Members
2,652 posts
4,416 battles

Last night I experienced this from both sides. First, while in my Tirpitz at full health I ended up at the head of a cap push, and ate a full salvo of torps from a sneaky Asashio. Later, I had a full health Edinburgh go flush broadside to my Massachusetts at a distance of about 10km. I don’t think that the guy had a chance to crap himself before my guns erased him.    

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

there are issues in Germany regarding the Imperial Flag, thus it is not included

All I have been able to find on that is public display in Bavaria and a computer game is definitely not public display.

Members
203 posts
5,844 battles

I understand that their was a recent change in the laws in Germany, to allow for the Swastika to be used in Electronic Media/ Computer Games. I would like to see the swastika on the German flag, as that is historically accurate for the era of World of Warships. The Rising Sun flag should be in game as well....

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,187 posts
7,191 battles
38 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

There are mods for this, so there is no reason for them to waste time re-skinning. 

WG got rid of threads that had the mods for it, and from what ive heard you'll be banned if they find out you have a mod for it in the game, how true that is i dont know, 

Edited by tcbaker777

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
Just now, Ben_CA68 said:

I know about that, I was replying to Lord_Slayer on the Imperial flag.

1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

WG got rid of threads that had the mods for it, and from what ive heard you'll be banned if they find out you have a mod for it in the game, how true that is i dont know

That sounds like an urban legend. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
10 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

WG got rid of threads that had the mods for it, and from what ive heard you'll be banned if they find out you have a mod for it in the game, how true that is i dont know, its silly either way, 

Not true.  I run both mods.

And no political comments, please.  You might want to edit your post.

Members
175 posts
202 battles
46 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Someone noted that the swastika is still illegal in Russia.  That's all you need to know.

Really? I have bought several thousand dollars worth of "Nazi Memorabilia" out of Russia.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Well, that's what I hear.  It may be illegal to display it publicly.  Or you could have been dealing on the black market... :Smile_hiding:  I recall how, in Communist Poland, certain shady characters were so eager to purchase dollars from us at double and triple the official exchange rate.

[SF-A]
Members
2,946 posts
5,873 battles

Personally, I think they should make it so that the generic flag flies typically, but only when a ship is sunk it turns into a swastika.:fish_viking:

Historical accuracy.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,570 posts
13,580 battles
58 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I think they're very sensitive to the issue for obvious reasons and FYI I did get a strike for improper use of the 4 letter word "N_ z _", so don't throw it around.

11 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

Really? I have bought several thousand dollars worth of "Nazi Memorabilia" out of Russia.

Is this a good thing in making a point or one's self-defense lol?

I can't see this thread lasting very long at all :)

Edited by Commander_367