You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Fearsome Friday - Piracy on the High Seas

34 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
948 posts
6,320 battles

640px-thumbnail.jpg

*pictured - crew of HMS Utmost after a successful raiding patrol in the Mediterranean (2/6/1942)*

Will you fear sailing on the high seas this weekend because pirates are on the loose?

@Femennenly has unleashed the scourge of pirates on the World of Warships this weekend.

These pirates are not just sea faring scurvy but some of them are well known in the community.

They not only include highly respected members and influencers, but also include the World of Warships team themselves.

Will you help take down this threat on the high seas and which bandit do you look forward to meeting in battle?

Check out the details here and the list of mutinous pirateers!

"It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy." - Steve Jobs, late CEO of Apple Inc.

#fearsomefriday

#anchorsaweigh

image.jpeg

[OO7]
Members
3,308 posts
9,766 battles

I'll be looking for all the forum mods, no special reason... *whistling nonchalantly* Just kidding..... maybe.... 

OK not really..... 

I plan on trying to kill one pirate for the flag I'll likely never use and then not worry about it. That's assuming that we don't have a baby this weekend and I'm actually playing. Just as well I didn't get selected as a pirate. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
10 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Will you fear sailing on the high seas this weekend because pirates are on the loose?

Nope, these events is one of the few times I might do a few random games, but so far I have never even seen a Corgi_Captain so if my luck holds the same I see no Pirates of any type.:Smile_honoring:

Edit: With the hours I play there seems to be few of them on.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
3,308 posts
9,766 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Nope, these events is one of the few times I might do a few random games, but so far I have never even seen a Corgi_Captain so if my luck holds the same I see no Pirates of any type.:Smile_honoring:

You know the tiers that they will be playing. Add a few pirate accounts to your contacts and when you see them go into battle, you click battle as soon as you can. 

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

You know the tiers that they will be playing. Add a few pirate accounts to your contacts and when you see them go into battle, you click battle as soon as you can. 

Maybe, I might try that but it is also me getting in the mood for Random Games, no offense to anyone I just do not care for them that much.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,664 posts
10,515 battles

I put priority target on all my pirate boats just so I can screen shot "12 aiming at you"  ... 

Should be fun.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
3,308 posts
9,766 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Maybe, I might try that but it is also me getting in the mood for Random Games, no offense to anyone I just do not care for them that much.

If you dont care, then click the battle button without caring the results and just have fun. 

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

There should be some good banter this weekend, hopefully.  And fun to watch entire sections of teams funnel after the pirate. :)

I know what you mean though, have been doing more Co-Op recently.  Not just more easy going after a long work day, but those bots are learning and adapting (not the green ones though, they just go full speed into anything that will sink them).

• Cool 1

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

If you dont care, then click the battle button without caring the results and just have fun

Copy so I will be playing Co-Op:Smile_honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,317 posts
9,621 battles

I have no fear of the pirates, it is the ones that are not pirates that scare me, Pirate_Crew_98.

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
Members
1,010 posts
2,260 battles

Playing just for the sake of hunting pirates is not worth it, at least for me. All it's good for is getting me frustrated that I cant find one

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
759 posts
7,296 battles
49 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Yes, I’ll be avoiding the game but not out of fear. I just can’t stand the “ignore team and caps to chase pirates to the edge of the map” game mode.

• Cool 3

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
154 posts
16,707 battles

I plan to hoist my Corgi Flag  this weekend and hunt you slovenly scalawags down. Ye be warned.

• Cool 2

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
948 posts
6,320 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Playing just for the sake of hunting pirates is not worth it, at least for me. All it's good for is getting me frustrated that I cant find one

Don't worry, you don't have to find the pirates. 

The pirates will find you...

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." - Oliver P. Smith, US Marine Corps

#highseaspiracy

#anchorsaweigh

• Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,658 posts
3,895 battles
53 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Don't worry, you don't have to find the pirates. 

The pirates will find you...

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." - Oliver P. Smith, US Marine Corps

#highseaspiracy

#anchorsaweigh

This will come in handy this weekend, I think.

• Cool 2

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

That's assuming that we don't have a baby this weekend and I'm actually playing. Just

Pre birth congratulations.

• Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I don't plan to change anything in the way I play. I'm still trying to get better at the game. Chasing after someone because he's a pirate is not going to help me get better only develop bad habits. 

Members
4,011 posts
14,850 battles

I don't intend to go out of my way to nail any. If I get lucky enough to be within range of one, then I'll go for it. However, there is one Senior Community Manager, if seen, who's scalp I'm gonna be going all out to get if I have to YOLO to do so. :fish_viking:

5b77439c60856_ElDolientedeHidalgo.thumb.jpg.1713457941800de978e01b8e86a67f42.jpg

Edited by ReddNekk

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,317 posts
9,621 battles
1 hour ago, Bad_Sniper_ said:

How do we know if we got chosen to become a pirate ?

The last invites went out yesterday so you will have to hunt us instead.