You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Most battles played without being sunk

Most battles you ever played without being sunk?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you unsinkable at times?

• 1-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • 15 or more

11 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,452 posts
13,894 battles

When I began to turn the corner form being average to being good I focused on a very simple stat Survival Rate/Percentage.

My damage and XP were never anything to brag about as I think I only have 1 or 2 ships i average over 100k damage in.

My focus each game became Surviving to the end all while putting my ships in places most others would dare not go.

If you can learn to survive the worst scenarios in the least likely to survive ships, then the rest of the game becomes a walk in the park.

So last night my focus on surviving while being the focus of the enemy teams effort reached a high point.

I took a Radar Mino as close as I could for 11 games to the enemy and by sheer will lol managed to not get sunk.

survival.png.b45571c6d20f5091672c6e119534ec3d.png

5b76fe177087e_100mino.thumb.png.00d717a8167dbe8889e53fcb08533ab6.png

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles

I put 1-5 but really couldn't really tell you what my record would be.

[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,385 battles

Overall, I'm at 52.7% survival rate with 7036 battles played.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles

I have never really paid attention to that. I have a 37.4% survival rate so I guessed at 5 - 10.

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

Lucky if I make 3.  Rather help support, scout, or hold a weak flank while the other side pushes.  Even if on a fraction of health you'll still see me a bit further up than I should be trying to draw fire from the bigger and more dangerous guns on my team :)

• Cool 1

Members
175 posts
202 battles
1 hour ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

When I began to turn the corner form being average to being good I focused on a very simple stat Survival Rate/Percentage.

My damage and XP were never anything to brag about as I think I only have 1 or 2 ships i average over 100k damage in.

My focus each game became Surviving to the end all while putting my ships in places most others would dare not go.

If you can learn to survive the worst scenarios in the least likely to survive ships, then the rest of the game becomes a walk in the park.

So last night my focus on surviving while being the focus of the enemy teams effort reached a high point.

I took a Radar Mino as close as I could for 11 games to the enemy and by sheer will lol managed to not get sunk.

survival.png.b45571c6d20f5091672c6e119534ec3d.png

5b76fe177087e_100mino.thumb.png.00d717a8167dbe8889e53fcb08533ab6.png

The light bulb for me went off as well. When you drive to survive you can do one of two things very well.

A. Deal more DoT damage

B. Influence more games in your teams favor.

I have an overall DD survival rate in the 60% range. I never Yolo unless the match is already decided.

Members
4,676 posts
6,811 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I love to play aggressively, even in BBs; therefore, I generally am sunk most every game.

I want and try to survive more than I do but while doing this if I see my team going down I can't hardly resist going over on the yolo attack. It's an issue with me.

Members
1,072 posts
5,047 battles

I don't get sunk too often unless I am trying to make a desperate play and am willing to trade my life for it.  I enjoy playing aggressive though, and this game punishes aggressive mistakes so from time to time I pay for it dearly.  

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,452 posts
13,894 battles
8 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

I don't get sunk too often unless I am trying to make a desperate play and am willing to trade my life for it.  I enjoy playing aggressive though, and this game punishes aggressive mistakes so from time to time I pay for it dearly.  

That is good because High Tier mainly, sometimes lacks that aggressive nature.

Those who can be aggressive but yet stay in control will in my opinion win more games than those who passively wait.

Its not that being semi passive in nature will not win games.... But I would rather force the outcome of the game rather than wait to see if it ends in my favor.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND