You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

The Flamu Haragumo Videos

26 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,420 battles

Just finished watching the 2 Haragumo videos Flamu posted. It's insane.

So, figured I better start grinding the Akizuki. Decided that I was gonna play it really aggressively, and just unleash the guns on every target in range.

My first game in it today (this is gonna be fun):

akizuki unleashed.jpg

[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,396 battles

Played in a match against a Haragumo yesterday.  That's way too much dakka-dakka for one ship.

• Bad 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles

i have the harekaze with IFHE and she stack damage easily.

but somehow when i fight other DDs like the tier10 ones,my shells suddenly become paper,they shatter a lot,even with IFHE,maybe it's the range,if i fire at max range,the shell lose it's power.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,693 posts
6,094 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i have the harekaze with IFHE and she stack damage easily.

but somehow when i fight other DDs like the tier10 ones,my shells suddenly become paper,they shatter a lot,even with IFHE,maybe it's the range,if i fire at max range,the shell lose it's power.

:cap_hmm:

Edited by _V12

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
784 posts
6,766 battles

The Akizuki, Kitakaze, and Haragumo are basically a trio of light cruisers that trade a citadel and a heal for better concealment and TRB. Here come the HE slinging Mini-taurs.  

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago
  • Funny 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,495 posts
3,803 battles

Considering that the akizuki was already the top performing DD in S9, this will set a dangerous precedent for the next season. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,420 battles
17 minutes ago, Cruiser_Chicago said:

The Akizuki, Kitakaze, and Haragumo are basically a trio of light cruisers that trade a citadel and a heal for better concealment and TRB. Here come the HE slinging Mini-taurs.  

I was thinking the very same thing while watching the vids.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles

Nobody seems to recognize the risks Flamu had to take to even perform in it. Just focus on the good damage he did to players who ignored him, and ignore how much health he traded against the few who actually shot back.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,420 battles

I'm all fairness, he was compiling a video to illustrate the kind of damage output that the shop is capable of, not to illustrate that the ship is an unstoppable menace.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,603 posts
3,895 battles
8 minutes ago, legozer said:

I'm all fairness, he was compiling a video to illustrate the kind of damage output that the shop is capable of, not to illustrate that the ship is an unstoppable menace.

Problem is, "the ship is an unstoppable menace" is what 99% of the forum including this thread is taking those videos to illustrate.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,139 posts
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Problem is, "the ship is an unstoppable menace" is what 99% of the forum including this thread is taking those videos to illustrate.

Yup:Smile_amazed::Smile_sad:

Members
1,172 posts
3,153 battles

Low HP (especially with no heal) for a "cruiser" playstyle will mean health melts quick, massive size and horrendous manuverability will mean that hitting a harugumo will be easy, high point captain needed for a full on gunboat build, and finally the light shells mean bad velovity at 8+km. Calm down people, these ships are fine. Flamu is a very good player and he could pull the same results with any other ship. We need to wait until they hit the live server so we know how they preform in the hands of real, average players. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,420 battles
7 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Low HP (especially with no heal) for a "cruiser" playstyle will mean health melts quick, massive size and horrendous manuverability will mean that hitting a harugumo will be easy, high point captain needed for a full on gunboat build, and finally the light shells mean bad velovity at 8+km. Calm down people, these ships are fine. Flamu is a very good player and he could pull the same results with any other ship. We need to wait until they hit the live server so we know how they preform in the hands of real, average players. 

Yeah, again, he was just showing off what they do, not positioning the Haragumo as a world beater. He was pretty clear about its weaknesses. 

You're right: we will know just how balanced these DDs are once the great, unwashed masses get their hands on them. That said, I mimicked the play style he used with my Akizuki, and, wow....

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,945 posts
9,809 battles
2 hours ago, legozer said:

Just finished watching the 2 Haragumo videos Flamu posted. It's insane.

So, figured I better start grinding the Akizuki. Decided that I was gonna play it really aggressively, and just unleash the guns on every target in range.

My first game in it today (this is gonna be fun):

akizuki unleashed.jpg

For every game like that expect one or 2 where you do only 30,000 because someone decided to actually shoot at you. 

I’ve blapped zuki drivers for half their health in one salvo in any number of ships. (Akizuki eats 33% BB pens like crazy.) I’ve had the same done to me when driving mine.

I’ve also had games that produced numbers like yours. It’s almost more famine/feast than the torp boats. 

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
613 posts

Flamu is also known for not posting the dozen 'meh' and 'potato' games he has between the god tier matches.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

One thing is for certain. That hindy who decided to rush his smoke without hydro was a potato. 

Had he had hydro, flamu would of been blapped right there gg. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,945 posts
9,809 battles
13 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Flamu is also known for not posting the dozen 'meh' and 'potato' games he has between the god tier matches.

Yup. The way he plays gets you blapped 4 times out of 5.

[AAA]
Members
469 posts
5,904 battles
2 hours ago, Cobraclutch said:

Considering that the akizuki was already the top performing DD in S9, this will set a dangerous precedent for the next season. 

Not aurguing with the meta or data but my Kidd feared no dd in S9. Any bote played to its strengths can do well. 

[CRMSN]
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
9 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Not aurguing with the meta or data but my Kidd feared no dd in S9. Any bote played to its strengths can do well. 

I completely agree, if you check my post from the kidd recommendation thread earlier. I posted the S9 stats for DD's.

Between Kidd / Lo Yang and Akizuki, there is less than 1 percent difference in w/r. 

Personally I agree with you, I finished the season with a 76% win rate in kidd ranked season 9 and there was no other DD i feared in  Kidd. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,945 posts
9,809 battles
8 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I completely agree, if you check my post from the kidd recommendation thread earlier. I posted the S9 stats for DD's.

Between Kidd / Lo Yang and Akizuki, there is less than 1 percent difference in w/r. 

Personally I agree with you, I finished the season with a 76% win rate in kidd ranked season 9 and there was no other DD i feared in  Kidd. 

I need to do more digging on those stats when not on mobile, but the number of Kidd games was a fraction of even LoYang games despite the Kidd being able to use USN captains. If it was so great then it should have quickly gained popularity over Lo Yang.

I want to look up the average damage numbers, because that’s where the Kidd tends to struggle, in my observation. Those 5”/38s are purely decorative, given the current gun bloom mechanics. Only time you dare use them is in smoke or behind an island. 

[CRMSN]
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

I need to do more digging on those stats when not on mobile, but the number of Kidd games was a fraction of even LoYang games despite the Kidd being able to use USN captains. If it was so great then it should have quickly gained popularity over Lo Yang.

I want to look up the average damage numbers, because that’s where the Kidd tends to struggle, in my observation. Those 5”/38s are purely decorative, given the current gun bloom mechanics. Only time you dare use them is in smoke or behind an island. 

You are 100% correct. The amount of GP for was 2x more for akizuki and  3x more for lo yang. 

So similar W/R / more GP = ship performing better. Maybe not so much in Akizuki's case but def Lo Yang

you can also check the EU and Asia stats, one Asia Lo Yang is way ahead of both ships. Same with EU though the separation is not so bad. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,652 posts
18,478 battles
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Played in a match against a Haragumo yesterday.  That's way too much dakka-dakka for one ship.

I was in a battle against a Haragumo a few days back.  I intentionally moved far away from it until the end of the battle because I didn't want to get pew-pew'd to death by it early on.

[SALVO]
Members
17,652 posts
18,478 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

I need to do more digging on those stats when not on mobile, but the number of Kidd games was a fraction of even Lo Yang games despite the Kidd being able to use USN captains. If it was so great then it should have quickly gained popularity over Lo Yang.

I've played the Kidd, Benson, Lo Yang, and Akizuki in tier 8 ranked.  I personally prefer the Akizuki.   The Kidd is great for dealing with enemy DDs in Ranked.  But once the enemy DDs are gone, your ability to affect the battle is GREATLY reduced because you don't have a strong alpha capability  with only a single torp launcher and no reload booster (like the Akuzuki).

Honestly, I really hate how WG is screwing over USN DD premiums by not allowing them to have their normal strong guns AND good torpedoes.  Just look at the Sims and the Kidd (and IIRC, the Black).  Good guns, but crap torpedoes.  And then there's the Monaghan.  If you want good torps, you have to give up all but 2 of your guns.  Does this mean that you can't win in those DDs (particularly the ones with crap torps)?  No.  But it does mean that your ability to have really high damage games where you may feel like you helped "carry" the team will be limited.

Members
2,164 posts
3 hours ago, Dareios said:

Yup, and he always over exaggerates about a ships power.