You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheURLGuy

T-61 Memes, Reviews and Hot Takes Wanted! - COMMUNITY SCOOP RESURRECTION

26 comments in this topic

[WGA]
WG Staff
558 posts
718 battles

it-has-been-remade.gif

Sup. 

Remember when I used to ask you folks for Community stuff? Well, the Scoop rides again! 

From now until Aug. 24, 10:00 PT (13:00 ET), I'm accepting submissions of your fantastic T-61 content! 

Here's the kinda stuff I like to see in Community Scoops 

• Spicy memes (still images or GIFs)
  • Humorous videos 
  • Serious reviews and write-ups of the ship
  • Upgrade/Commander build recommendations 
  • Cool/funny anecdotes of you winning/sucking with T-61 in battle

Just some things to keep in mind:

• Make sure your submissions still adhere to Community standards 
  • Keep your use of copyrighted/licensed content to a minimum -- a brief reaction shot, GIF, or sound byte from something is probably fine, but an entire scene from a movie will get me clawed by our legal eagles (yes, they're literal eagles). 

Share Your Submissions Below! 

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles

Well, I got the T-61 Sune DD this morning. I'm running errands all day, so I won't be able to try it until tonight. I have just unlocked the Maass and moved the 10pt DD main Cpt in to it, so the T-61 will be working my 8pt permanent Gaede Cpt. I will share the permanent Gaede Cpt with the T-61 Sune DD, so I will spec that Cpt for the Sune. Here are my thoughts on Cpt skills in the order I will get them.

PT - You want to know when guns are locked on to you and how many so you can react appropriately.

LS - having some rudder and/or engine when they are hit is life

SE - more HP (2,100 @ T6) helps immensely for a DD.

CE - for the vast majority of DDs, the more concealment that you can get the better.

TAE - lower the already low torp reload lower. It goes from 68s to 61s.

EM - it lowers the 180 degree turn time on the guns from 22.5s to 17.1s. Add in the MBM2 upgrade and it gets to 15.4s.

IFHE - without IFHE you can pen 20mm of armor, so you can get DDs and BB superstructure. With IFHE, you can pen 27mm bows and sterns on cruisers and on some BBs in your MM. Yes, the HE on the Sune is sub par, but for a 5% fire chance instead of 6%, being able to pen the bows as well seems like the best option for me on those last 4 points.

What do you think?

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,868 posts
5,401 battles

Yeeeees thanks for bringing this back URL guy.  Was a big help for us lesser known Youtubers to possibly get a little bit of exposure if the content was good enough. 

Beta Testers
692 posts
8,614 battles

In the beginning there were the reviews, and the people went wild:

shiny.jpg.5b6d4ef9cc8275533d2fc953b46f1175.jpg

Then, for reasons unknown, the T61 disappeared:

giphy-downsized-large.gif.b7f5e83a6eefb2b209c36af7373eb498.gif

After much gnashing of teeth and repeated threads of "Where's my T-61", WG said you can get it Friday if you spend 25,000 doubloons:

what.gif.a7d3fe3971ee3e95e69e76f785e4e3b7.gif

Then finally the T-61 arrived and there was great rejoicing:

This-ship.gif.c9310e9035f87975f7bbd8567ce12ce7.gif

The End

Ooo, I forgot.  Then the community started asking about the Graf Zeppelin:

tell.gif.c5d1f1ab657015c50c80f419c11cf652.gif

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

I made a meme to celebrate the glorious return of the beloved Community Scoop (And also to celebrate the fact that TheURLGuy isn't dead.)

T61Meme.jpg.53bb8740263be4a51792b024c9e893f6.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

First battle against a T-61. He gets his engine knocked out he repairs, I shoot his engine gets knocked out, in chat "quit shooting my engine" lol. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ICBM]
Members
573 posts
11,957 battles
9 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, I got the T-61 Sune DD this morning. I'm running errands all day, so I won't be able to try it until tonight. I have just unlocked the Maass and moved the 10pt DD main Cpt in to it, so the T-61 will be working my 8pt permanent Gaede Cpt. I will share the permanent Gaede Cpt with the T-61 Sune DD, so I will spec that Cpt for the Sune. Here are my thoughts on Cpt skills in the order I will get them.

PT - You want to know when guns are locked on to you and how many so you can react appropriately.

LS - having some rudder and/or engine when they are hit is life

SE - more HP (2,100 @ T6) helps immensely for a DD.

CE - for the vast majority of DDs, the more concealment that you can get the better.

TAE - lower the already low torp reload lower. It goes from 68s to 61s.

EM - it lowers the 180 degree turn time on the guns from 22.5s to 17.1s. Add in the MBM2 upgrade and it gets to 15.4s.

IFHE - without IFHE you can pen 20mm of armor, so you can get DDs and BB superstructure. With IFHE, you can pen 27mm bows and sterns on cruisers and on some BBs in your MM. Yes, the HE on the Sune is sub par, but for a 5% fire chance instead of 6%, being able to pen the bows as well seems like the best option for me on those last 4 points.

What do you think?

I use a bb 19pt capt for credits (cap xp) that I use until I can spec the km special captain I purchased about 2 months ago.

I use the special capt in the Z-39 in order to accumulate exp. I really do not like the Z-39 guns.

So, in the beginning, I took PM over PT when speccing the new commander. Why? so that I may have either DM or IFHE sooner and modules protection.

You need either DM or IFHE. I can get PT at the very end of this speccing cycle when I have a point that can't be used and is a waste doing nothing.

T-61 has very good AP, and it is the most appropriate option within range.

Edited by swifttex1

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
34 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

I use a bb 19pt capt for credits (cap xp) that I use until I can spec the km special captain I purchased about 2 months ago.

I use the special capt in the Z-39 in order to accumulate exp. I really do not like the Z-39 guns.

So, in the beginning, I took PM over PT when speccing the new commander. Why? so that I may have either DM or IFHE sooner and modules protection.

You need either DM or IFHE. I can get PT at the very end of this speccing cycle when I have a point that can't be used and is a waste doing nothing.

T-61 has very good AP, and it is the most appropriate option within range.

Except when the ship is angled and then the AP will bounce. But HE will not bounce. So with IFHE, if a cruiser with 27mm or less of armor is angled to bounce AP, then the HE will pen. When a ship is broadside or at a shallow angle (45 deg or less), AP the poop out of it. 

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles

T61 works like a small z52.

As such, I use my Z52 captain.

PT - Info is useful

AR LS - not dying when getting shot at, more reload on torps when you do get hit.

SE TAE - more HP for cap stuff and if you get spotted. More reload for that crazy 60 second reload.

CE RPF - more breathing room for stealth torping, spot enemy DDs, shadow BBs. Predictive torps, flankers, etc more info.

Dont take IFHE, dont take DE, dont take EM. Get the most out of the ship by using your information to be prepared for what is coming, not panicking when something appears where you dont expect it to.

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
573 posts
11,957 battles
9 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Except when the ship is angled and then the AP will bounce. But HE will not bounce. So with IFHE, if a cruiser with 27mm or less of armor is angled to bounce AP, then the HE will pen. When a ship is broadside or at a shallow angle (45 deg or less), AP the poop out of it. 

I'm a newb at dd's, how are you liking her so far?

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
3 hours ago, swifttex1 said:

I'm a newb at dd's, how are you liking her so far?

I've only played one game with an 8pt capt, so it is early going. Was a nice battle tho.

[FU8AR]
Members
2,682 posts
5,659 battles

I like mine. Only 4 battles so far, but 3 of 4 wins and this was my first battle...

T-61 1st battle A.png

T-61 1st battle B.png

Edited by Thornir

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,868 posts
5,401 battles

Another installment of the 1st time out series.  Longer, in depth review but a nice little "Skip to the gameplay" link is in the description

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
902 posts
13,874 battles

For your consideration. :cap_haloween: (Click to enlarge.)

qWyAjXl.jpg

*** EDIT to add: Game Replay

Edited by Amracil
  • Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
870 posts
19,274 battles
On 8/17/2018 at 12:28 PM, Sped_Gax said:

First battle against a T-61. He gets his engine knocked out he repairs, I shoot his engine gets knocked out, in chat "quit shooting my engine" lol. 

Same think happened to a guy I was playing with earlier today; the engine on his T-61 kept getting knocked out.  Boy was he pissed.

• Cool 1

Members
1,712 posts
14,552 battles

This game was as bottom tier against mostly 7 and 8 tier ships - 2nd game in this ship.  Glad to find a boat that is competitive when up tiered - Now with my T-61, Z-39 and Z-52, I will rule the seas!!!!!!

shot-18.08.20_19.41.37-0520.jpg

[SIM]
Members
3,767 posts
6,254 battles

I call it a German School Bus, because it launches schools of fish into battle. :cap_cool: