Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Chat Ban - Some feedback

8 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

I secured a nice quiet place for myself for the next 24 hours. I would like to express some thoughts on the chat ban process, however. 

When you issue a chat ban, how about including a few specific comments specifically related to the ban? So we can learn from our misbehavior, our social ignorance, as to what triggers people to report you in the first place. I'm being serious here. I really want to know what got me banned. It's like lock-down with no explanation. How can you expect behaviors to be modified if we don't know what triggered them? Thanks. 

But more importantly - and the reason I am posting this - is a chat ban also bans chat to your division mates. I don't see a purpose to that as your div mates choose to div with you. It's highly unlikely they will report your chat behavior... in fact I don't think I'd even count reports against a div mate. Do you? So it sort of makes sense a chat ban would be only to non-div players. 

Would you mind terribly if I were to ask you to look into modifying the chat ban process so you can at least still chat with division mates? Thanks. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Community Department
2,199 posts
542 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I secured a nice quiet place for myself for the next 24 hours. I would like to express some thoughts on the chat ban process, however. 

When you issue a chat ban, how about including a few specific comments specifically related to the ban? So we can learn from our misbehavior, our social ignorance, as to what triggers people to report you in the first place. I'm being serious here. I really want to know what got me banned. It's like lock-down with no explanation. How can you expect behaviors to be modified if we don't know what triggered them? Thanks. 

But more importantly - and the reason I am posting this - is a chat ban also bans chat to your division mates. I don't see a purpose to that as your div mates choose to div with you. It's highly unlikely they will report your chat behavior... in fact I don't think I'd even count reports against a div mate. Do you? So it sort of makes sense a chat ban would be only to non-div players. 

Would you mind terribly if I were to ask you to look into modifying the chat ban process so you can at least still chat with division mates? Thanks. 

Sorry, but it doesn't make sence to leave chat in divisions after bans. For some players motivation to respect the rules would disappear. Not very good result. 
What about explanation. Yes, we have such plans. We want to provide this information in a more convenient way for every player. 
This will slightly relieve our support and reduce the response time for your tickets.
Please remember that this is only a game, go easy with your teammates and enemies. We're all here to have a good time.

UPD: I've checked your logs and deleted your ban. GF HF!

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
6 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Sorry, but it doesn't make sence to leave chat in divisions after bans. For some players motivation to respect the rules would disappear. Not very good result. 
What about explanation. Yes, we have such plans. We want to provide this information in a more convenient way for every player. 
This will slightly relieve our support and reduce the response time for your tickets.
Please remember that this is only a game, go easy with your teammates and enemies. We're all here to have a good time.

I have to take issue with calling this "only a game".  Maybe it's "only a game" when you don't spend a dime on it.  But when people start spending hundreds of dollars on it, the "game" enters the realm of being a hobby.  People will spend serious money on their hobbies.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,121 posts
13,380 battles

@Herr_Reitz If you truly don't know what you posted in chat to draw a 24 hour ban please sit back and think about that!  @turbo07 Giving a specific reason sounds reasonable since the youngsters may not know better yet! But frankly I think most offenders of all ages just don't give a flying rip and would rather come here and gripe or flood support with nuisance tickets than change their behavior. Perhaps total game play suspension would better serve to get their attention.  @Crucis This is still a game regardless of how much money anyone spends on it! Besides that a brief Chat Ban is not likely to cost anyone even a penny loss unless of course they waste their premium time coming on the forum to gripe or flood support with their whining!

To all this short spiel has wasted a few minutes of my outrageously expensive Premium and frankly it was worth it! I trust you feel the same about your wasted pennies! 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
1,570 posts
13,580 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Herr_Reitz If you truly don't know what you posted in chat to draw a 24 hour ban please sit back and think about that!  @turbo07 Giving a specific reason sounds reasonable since the youngsters may not know better yet! But frankly I think most offenders of all ages just don't give a flying rip and would rather come here and gripe or flood support with nuisance tickets than change their behavior. Perhaps total game play suspension would better serve to get their attention.  @Crucis This is still a game regardless of how much money anyone spends on it! Besides that a brief Chat Ban is not likely to cost anyone even a penny loss unless of course they waste their premium time coming on the forum to gripe or flood support with their whining!

To all this short spiel has wasted a few minutes of my outrageously expensive Premium and frankly it was worth it! I trust you feel the same about your wasted pennies! 

I'm detecting a lot of salt here :)

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts
7 hours ago, turbo07 said:

UPD: I've checked your logs and deleted your ban. GF HF!

Thank you. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts
3 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Commander_367 I was going for Hot Sauce but I suppose salt will make do.

I thought about it when it happened and a good few minutes before I posted the thread. The feedback really is important so someone knows exactly how one has crossed the lines. I'm pleased to know plans are afoot to change that... very much pleased. 

Sign in to follow this