You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Tour of Duty ship raffle - Weekend of 31 August; Bismarck (KMS TVIII BB).

25 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/doody/ 

T-22 is the ship to play for the weekend of 17 August.

(ETA: Title will be progressively updated and the original text has been altered to reflect the date of its publication).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,598 posts
10,949 battles

Ah yes, the good ol' fishing boat.  Gotta remember to bring some good lure this weekend, too.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles

Today (27-29 August, two evenings of play for me) is the T8 Pan-Asian DD Hsienyang. This is one I won't be playing as I'm still only at the Jianwei, but the majority of the ships so far have been relatively low-tier (six and under), and I think WG's keeping it fairly balanced between relatively new and very experienced players. 

The Pan-Asian tech tree was introduced after I came into the game. I probably could have had the Hsienyang by now if I'd dropped everything to concentrate on that line, but that wasn't the path I took. Meh, so what? That's on me, and I've managed to either have or easily reacquire many of the ships they have featured thus far. So far it's all good.

[PVE]
Members
15,345 posts
10,157 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Today (27-29 August, two evenings of play for me) is the T8 Pan-Asian DD Hsienyang. This is one I won't be playing as I'm still only at the Jianwei, but the majority of the ships so far have been relatively low-tier (six and under), and I think WG's keeping it fairly balanced between relatively new and very experienced players. 

The Pan-Asian tech tree was introduced after I came into the game. I probably could have had the Hsienyang by now if I'd dropped everything to concentrate on that line, but that wasn't the path I took. Meh, so what? That's on me, and I've managed to either have or easily reacquire many of the ships they have featured thus far. So far it's all good.

You might want to change the title in the first post. I thought it was the T-22, until I remembered playing the T-22 before for the raffle.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You might want to change the title in the first post. I thought it was the T-22, until I remembered playing the T-22 before for the raffle.

I debated whether to change it or not, but yeah - it should either be just "TOD ship raffle" or include the actual ship and date.

[GLF]
Members
862 posts
12,435 battles

It feels like a raffle waiting for them to select a boat that I actually WANT to play for 5 games...  

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
1 hour ago, AnimaL21 said:

It feels like a raffle waiting for them to select a boat that I actually WANT to play for 5 games...  

Just play five co-op battles and be done, LOL. It's not as if you have to win or survive or anything.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
862 posts
12,435 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just play five co-op battles and be done, LOL. It's not as if you have to win or survive or anything.

Buying new port slots and wasting silver on T8 ships to play 5 coop games is not in the cards for me.   

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

So the raffle ship is gimpy Benson, I'll pass. I'll actually be free XPing this tub of Benson 3.0 too as a matter of fact.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
3 hours ago, AnimaL21 said:

Buying new port slots and wasting silver on T8 ships to play 5 coop games is not in the cards for me.   

If you don't have it, sure, don't buy it at that level.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles

29-31 August - Aoba. I don't have this ship at the moment, but I do have the Furutaka and it's not that much free XP to spend if I don't yet have enough on the ship.

Members
246 posts
7,303 battles

Argh, I'm trying to save money for another Tier X, so I don't feel like rebuying this ship when I have the Furutaka. 

Hmmm, part of me wonders if WG is specifically choosing ships which it feels are underutilized in the game currently. Does somebody have the stats for how many times the tour ships have been played in the last three months?

[PVE]
Members
15,345 posts
10,157 battles
2 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

Argh, I'm trying to save money for another Tier X, so I don't feel like rebuying this ship when I have the Furutaka. 

Hmmm, part of me wonders if WG is specifically choosing ships which it feels are underutilized in the game currently. Does somebody have the stats for how many times the tour ships have been played in the last three months?

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ or https://na.warships.today/ will have that

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
2 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

Hmmm, part of me wonders if WG is specifically choosing ships which it feels are underutilized in the game currently

I'm inclined to take a more charitable view, and say they're choosing ships which are accessible to relatively new players.  Tier VI isn't impossible to have reached if you're a kid with the holidays behind you and lots of gaming time on your hands, and putting on a selection of Tier III and IV ships early in the contest was an even nicer touch. Also, one of the recent ships was the Dallas, which is quite new (one of the newest tech tree ships in the game, actually) as opposed to the Aoba, which has been in the game since the start.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles

From 31 August to the early morning of September 3, we have the Bismarck.

Given that I am not even at the Nassau, this one's a miss for me. Never mind; there are other things I need to be doing.

[VW]
Members
2,809 posts
15,139 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Given that I am not even at the Nassau, this one's a miss for me. Never mind; there are other things I need to be doing.

did you have a shangyang? i didnt

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
45 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

did you have a shangyang? i didnt

My only T8 ships are the Cleveland and the Edinburgh. I could probably grab a Benson, Baltimore or (with a little bit more grinding) Monarch or Richelieu with heavy FXP use, but I'm not in that much of a hurry. T8 Ranked is just about finished for me (I only have a few ranks left to climb), and the only things left to do at that tier are the permanent campaigns.

[VW]
Members
2,809 posts
15,139 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My only T8 ships are the Cleveland and the Edinburgh. I could probably grab a Benson, Baltimore or (with a little bit more grinding) Monarch or Richelieu with heavy FXP use, but I'm not in that much of a hurry. T8 Ranked is just about finished for me (I only have a few ranks left to climb), and the only things left to do at that tier are the permanent campaigns.

they gave away the biz a while back, guess you weren't around back then. if you play enough eventually the grind gets done lol

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

they gave away the biz a while back, guess you weren't around back then.

No, I wasn't, and I kick myself up the backside daily that I wasn't.  :Smile_facepalm:  But I did buy (with coal) the Arsenal crates to get the camos for her. Though now that the Second Anniversary crates are giving out Monarch camo and I'm on the KGV, I sort of wish I'd held off and got those instead. I think I'll have enough time to get enough coal before the end of the patch, or at least I hope I will, because the duplicate exchange rate is dirt cheap.

[VW]
Members
2,809 posts
15,139 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, I wasn't, and I kick myself up the backside daily that I wasn't.  :Smile_facepalm:  But I did buy (with coal) the Arsenal crates to get the camos for her. Though now that the Second Anniversary crates are giving out Monarch camo and I'm on the KGV, I sort of wish I'd held off and got those instead. I think I'll have enough time to get enough coal before the end of the patch, or at least I hope I will, because the duplicate exchange rate is dirt cheap.

remember coal is good for ships too. personally i'm saving for mushy or if alaska or jean bart come for coal (touch wood). i missed on the graf spee and mikasa cause of vacation and not so happy bout that, also the sharks camo, dont worry it happens. you'll get another camo.

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Darn you WG! Why you tempt me with a ship I am so close to, yet so far from...:Smile_sad:

I've almost gotten a full secondary build(non-IFHE) for my KMS BB captain. He is going to permanently reside in Bismarck, as eventually I plan to have a more hybrid secondary/survivability build captain for Friedrich De Grosse and Grosser Kurfurst.

I'm just a few battles out from Gneisenau, but I'm not there yet. It's also worth noting a 13-point captain(my most skilled captains, actually, my Bayern/eventual Bismarck captain is one of these) takes a long time to retrain(to the order of 25,000 xp, EVEN WHEN HALVED for 200,000 credits), and I don't think I'll have enough credits for Gneisenau from the get-go either as I am sorely lacking in credits.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
56 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

remember coal is good for ships too.

Oh yeah.

For various reasons, I wanted the Aigle and the Campbeltown and I got both. That's the reason I don't have oodles of coal up to the eyeballs right now. :Smile_teethhappy:

[VW]
Members
2,809 posts
15,139 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh yeah.

For various reasons, I wanted the Aigle and the Campbeltown and I got both. That's the reason I don't have oodles of coal up to the eyeballs right now. :Smile_teethhappy:

but the aigle mission?

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

but the aigle mission?

If only. Alas, I was away for work and family holidays during the middle part of it; when I realised the timing and saw the structure of the thing, I knew it was pretty much a no-go from the start.

This is why I was so glad to have completed the Indianapolis Marathon; it proved that I most probably could have done the Aigle missions if I'd been in a position to attempt them.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu