You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
swampwater77

T 61 now on sale.

35 comments in this topic

Members
67 posts
22,239 battles

Do not know if anyone has posted this already. The ship is now on sale. The bundles start at 26 dollars for just T 61, and go up to 48 for the top bundle.

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

It is a great DD. It will play as well as the Captain allows it to.

It also uses a Z-52 captain well.

61 second torp reloads are great for practicing your torping without overly punishing reload times if you flub a drop or guess wrong on a preemptive move.

Fantastic trainer, and absolutely savage when it draws into a top tier situation.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,055 posts
4,803 battles
9 minutes ago, swampwater77 said:

Do not know if anyone has posted this already. The ship is now on sale. The bundles start at 26 dollars for just T 61, and go up to 48 for the top bundle.

From $33.39 to $59.51 CDN for us here in Maple Syrup Land.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,434 posts
9,378 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Still a pretty solid deal overall.  I'm gonna pick up the basic package, since I already have a 19 point captain waiting in Z-52.

She should be a great ship for use in any future seasons of T6 Ranked battles.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

She should be a great ship for use in any future seasons of T6 Ranked battles.

Are we ever going back there? WG seems pretty hellbent on pushing people into T8-10 even if they aren't even close to ready for it. 

I much preferred the lower tiered Ranked seasons, and playing 6 was probably one of my favourite tiers to have played so far. I really liked the 6-8 split seasons. I'd be very curious to see how much the vision and smoke changes altered T7 ranked as well, I'm sure it would be different this time around.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
134 posts
10,393 battles

Just out of curiosity I have a math quiz. I got the T 61 early release using the doubloons from Santa's 1-5 dollar crates. If I bought the bundle now with the 10pt captain How would that all pan out? And would you get doubloons back for the purchase?   

Edited by HyPHerFaZe

[SIM]
Members
2,644 posts
4,405 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Didn’t they update the EULA to read that the only DD that Canadian players were allowed to use is the Haida? :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
7,055 posts
4,803 battles
11 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Didn’t they update the EULA to read that the only DD that Canadian players were allowed to use is the Haida? :cap_haloween:

With an option on the Cossack. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
5,434 posts
9,378 battles
18 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

No no....you read it wrong.  Only Canadian players get to play the Haida, and no one else. :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,027 posts
6,341 battles
59 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

Just out of curiosity I have a math quiz. I got the T 61 early release using the doubloons from Santa's 1-5 dollar crates. If I bought the bundle now with the 10pt captain How would that all pan out? And would you get doubloons back for the purchase?   

don't do it, they give back discounted doubloons now

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,027 posts
6,341 battles
2 hours ago, swampwater77 said:

the monohagn is like 22$, t-61 is 27basically... T(ax)-61

You will be taxed 5$ for OPness

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SBS]
Members
2,771 posts
2,353 battles
Just now, HorrorRoach said:

the monohagn is like 22$, t-61 is 27basically... T(ax)-61

You will be taxed 5$ for OPness

I posted last week that I thought the T-61 would get a T7 DD price tag.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,732 posts
15,706 battles

Prepare for torp soup!

Edit: I might want to play the Monaghan or the Cobra Chicken as a counter play.

Edited by Bill_Halsey
More content

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,054 posts
4,719 battles

z-39 or z-61,or i could save up money to get the alaska.

Edited by Cruxdei

[TOG]
Members
2,732 posts
15,706 battles
8 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

I'm going to play a lot of Belfast this weekend

OP CL vs OP DD.

[WOLF5]
Members
314 posts
5,805 battles

Very tempting as I was going to buy some gold and flags anyway.  I wonder if it will work well in Operations?

[WOLFA]
Members
93 posts
13,444 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

z-39 or z-61,or i could save up money to get the alaska.

Actually, almost the same ship, if have to buy one chose between more radars (z39) or more planes (z61). And rapid reload guns (61) vs hp pool (39). Z39 have some advantages but worst MM. Both have almost the same torp system, 0.5 km more the 39 but 22sec worst reload time and a 0.48 better hydro, the z39 its 1 knots faster too (35vs36 knots). Same concealment. They feel very similar all in all. This imho. Good luck.

Members
638 posts
1 hour ago, General_WTSherman said:

I'm going to play a lot of Belfast this weekend

Fitting out Belfast as we speak moving Captain Dunkirk and figuring out what mods are best. Re launch later this week. 

[GLF]
Members
794 posts
9,751 battles

Am I the only one that has a raised eyebrow on this offering?   Take almost 4x the cost of the ship for the exclusive "early release", and that only ends up being 1 week's worth of exclusivity?   

I would be pretty fired up mad if i had spent all that money 10 days ago to get the ship 7 days ago, only to see it for sale now for $26.   I mean, i guess if you were out to spend dubloons anyway its a bonus, but it seems a little shady to me, lol.   

That said i bought it for $26.  Looks like an interesting home for my lvl19 combination v-25/Scharnhorst captain.   

Edited by AnimaL21

[HINON]
Members
9,281 posts
9 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Am I the only one that has a raised eyebrow on this offering?   Take almost 4x the cost of the ship for the exclusive "early release", and that only ends up being 1 week's worth of exclusivity?   

I would be pretty fired up mad if i had spent all that money 10 days ago to get the ship 7 days ago, only to see it for sale now for $26.   I mean, i guess if you were out to spend dubloons anyway its a bonus, but it seems a little shady to me, lol.   

That said i bought it for $26.  Looks like an interesting home for my lvl19 combination v-25/Scharnhorst captain.   

Not really, the early release was to get those stockpiling doubloons to spend them and get the t61 as a bonus. It was a pretty decent deal if you wanted to spend those doubloons anyway.

Edited by RipNuN2

[GLF]
Members
794 posts
9,751 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Not really, the early release was to get those stockpiling doubloons to spend them and get the t61 as a bonus. It was a pretty decent deal if you wanted to spend those doubloons anyway.

I think i noted that possibility in my post.   Maybe i wrongly assumed that no normal people have that many dubs laying around., lol  I came away from the early access article feeling like it was more a sales pitch to buy dubloons than to just spend them, but like i phrased it, am i the only one?