You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Maxblackhawk

Does anyone know IJN Tone (Aircraft cruisers) will be back?

32 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
32 posts
3,566 battles

If IJN Tone (Aircraft cruisers Version)role setting on Previous time is not good for game experian.

But now DEV can give her more consumable. Torpedo Reload  Booster like pan-asia ship "Huanghe " or other.

Double slot consumable for this Aircraft cruisers with Catapult Fighter and Spotting Aircraft.

WG make her (this model) for long time. don't let her be lonely almost 3 years or more

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,089 posts
6,231 battles

Tone should not be in  the game, her sister ship sure, but not Tone.

• Boring 3

[LEGIT]
Members
1,016 posts
8,034 battles

Aircraft cruisers should definitely be added as a alternate techtree for IJN cruisers. I mean WG added an overdose of radar ships, specifically USN CA s so why not add something special and unique for IJN 

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,603 posts
16,675 battles

When was it ever in the game ? and why?

[SALVO]
Members
21,351 posts
21,595 battles
1 hour ago, Maxblackhawk said:

If IJN Tone (Aircraft cruisers Version)role setting on Previous time is not good for game experian.

But now DEV can give her more consumable. Torpedo Reload  Booster like pan-asia ship "Huanghe " or other.

Double slot consumable for this Aircraft cruisers with Catapult Fighter and Spotting Aircraft.

WG make her (this model) for long time. don't let her be lonely almost 3 years or more

I have said before that I think the way to  get the Tone into the game would be to have Spotting Aircraft represent the planes she can launch, although the idea of allowing her to have both the Cat Fighter and Spotting Aircraft consumables seems like a good and doable idea.  Giving the Tone spotting aircraft would give her a nice boost to her otherwise short ranged tier 8 8" guns (if the Mogami and Atago's 8" guns are any guide).  And as such, it would give the Tone a unique feel.

The Tone should not be a user of CV grade aircraft.  She was meant to carry scout planes.  And for the purposes of this game, giving her the Spotter and Cat Fighter consumables would represent her historical usage quite well.

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,750 battles

Sure I am for it! Have her spotter planes be a consumable just like radar on US CAs. It would break the game less than radar has. 

[TASC]
Members
278 posts
7,607 battles

and have the fighter be a group of 3 not a single so they can really defend here. 

maybe bake in the capt. skill where she launches 2 instead of 1. they will still be swatted from the sky by AA on US ships and high tier CVs so not as broken as hydro and radar that can see through rocks. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,351 posts
21,595 battles
7 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

and have the fighter be a group of 3 not a single so they can really defend here. 

maybe bake in the capt. skill where she launches 2 instead of 1. they will still be swatted from the sky by AA on US ships and high tier CVs so not as broken as hydro and radar that can see through rocks. 

No.  The Tone never carried anything other than reconnaissance aircraft (float planes).  Her "carrier" abilities were scouting related, not direct combat.  Frankly, she should carry nothing but Spotters.

Edited by Crucis

[TASC]
Members
278 posts
7,607 battles

i'm fine with that. someone else was talking about her having a fighter. though her scouts were float fighters, not unarmed planes. so to keep her historical a plane group of 3 that did both? defend the ship and extend the spotting range. since they were scouts have the 2 groups orbit out a bit farther. 

Members
191 posts
4,423 battles

Very much, yes on dole whip! I would like to see her in game in this capacity: have her launch 3 fighter scout planes that increase her firing range and provide her with fighter coverage, and a fast reload of 100 seconds. Also, make that radius a bit farther out than normal for better spotting, and make the fighter aspect of the plane weaker than same tier CV planes in one regard: movement speed, so they are effective against an incoming wave of bombers but not on retreat. 

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,750 battles

The Tone didnt have fighters, they were strickly spotters & IMO adding a fighter element would make it OP. She had decent guns & torps as is. I think putting up 2 spotter planes  at once with a standard patrol circle & relaively fast cool down would be plenty & add an interesting dynamic to the ship. 

Come on WG, bring it out!! 

take-my-money.jpg

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,635 posts
15,132 battles

I doubt any serious work on aviation hybrids will be done before they finalize the redesign of CVs themselves. And that's a giant ???, so unfortunately, this looks like case of "take a number and wait".

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,141 posts
5,949 battles

after CV rework,they can find a way to introduce ijn ise too.

Beta Testers
32 posts
3,566 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

No.  The Tone never carried anything other than reconnaissance aircraft (float planes).  Her "carrier" abilities were scouting related, not direct combat.  Frankly, she should carry nothing but Spotters.

In history yes(Aichi E13A)

In game lots of CA not carried Aichi E13A even F1M2 (mogami, atago, myoko class) 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,344 posts
3,895 battles

Screw history, the rest of this game already did.

Give Tone the Zuiun floatplane dive bombers. 4-plane squadron that runs out and autodrops with a tight grouping against the ship you have targeted when you give the launch command

If you lose sight of the ship, they continue going that way and if they re-spot it, they resume their attack run. If they do not find it, they loiter until a target enters aggro range and they attack it, or their flight time runs out.

That's a unique mechanic that might actually get me to buy it.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 3

Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

The Tone should not be a user of CV grade aircraft.  She was meant to carry scout planes.  And for the purposes of this game, giving her the Spotter and Cat Fighter consumables would represent her historical usage quite well.

Lol there's so many CV players that can't keep up with the micro now, imagine adding gunplay into the mix.

I remember the Oyodo from NavyField. A lot of players didn't mount the main guns, they just wanted a quickly-attainable CV.

I kept the guns on, and figured if a DD came looking for the CVs, I could defend us. Problem was, while I was busy duking it out with a DD, any active squadrons were left hanging, and usually got destroyed.

Beta Testers
32 posts
3,566 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

The Tone was never in the game.

Her did. At chinese (KDW) server, that's why kitakami removed from client. KDW sold them when break the Non-Disclosure Agreement  

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,975 battles

Tone and other Aviation cruisers and BBs will probably arrive after the CV overhaul. IIRC, one of the more recent statements was that the CV overhaul would also permit better control and use of Aviation CA/BBs.

Beta Testers
1,585 posts

Honestly IJN should not have a 'light cruiser' line but rather an 'aviation cruiser' line starting at tier 8.

They could for example, switch 'Mogami' to be a tier 8 aviation cruiser (forward guns only, aft guns removed to carry aircraft).

'Suzuya', a Mogami class cruiser would replace 'Mogami' as a cruiser in tier 8.

Tier 9 and 10 would be the Tone class cruisers with Chikuma at tier 9 and Tone at tier 10.

The aviation cruisers could be given a simple 'carrier' interface for aircraft. Aka can launch and recover 'squadrons' of 1 aircraft each with aircraft in 'reserve'. They would also have spotter planes.

These aviation cruisers would launch 'squadrons' of '1 scout planes' that have no weapons..all they do is scout. Player can go into carrier interface top-down view to issue waypoints to the scout planes. Unlike carrier planes, these scout planes have a timer..when launched they will be airborne for 5 minutes then they will auto-return, land and spend 1 minute being prepped for re-launch. Then they also can launch their own spotter planes.

AS A GAMEPLAY LICENSE I would also switch these cruisers to use the 155mm guns rather than the 203mm. I know historically they didn't use these guns BUT it would be rather OP to have what essentially are heavy cruisers with long range fire (spotter planes). To compensate they should have slightly better torpedo armament.  

T8 Mogami: Can launch 1 plane at a time, has 8 aircraft in reserve. 3 spotter planes. That totals its historical 11 aircraft load. Has 3 forward turrets only, no aft turrets.

T9 Chikuma: Can launch 2 planes at a time. Has 4 reserve aircraft. 2 spotter planes. (historical 6 aircraft load)  4 forward turrets 2 guns per turret. Uses 12km Long Lance torps

T10 Tone: Same as Chikuma but with shorter aircraft launch times and uses 20km Long Lance torpedoes.

Members
1,205 posts
3,161 battles

Well, maybe aircraft carrier/battleship/cruiser hybrids will be possible with the new CV rework since they're completely changing how the class functions, but I still find it unlikely. 

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,306 battles

I feel like if the IJN Hybrid ships have both a unique version of Scouting / Catapult fighters that they can use at the same time as well as a much shorter cooldown between uses. That would be a really cool mechanic. Since WG doesn't want to give The IJN any defensive fires (Even the DDs that were built for that one purpose...) Why not make these ships have unique ways to defend allies against air attacks?

Edited by Merlox

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,556 posts
5,666 battles
5 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

The Tone was never in the game.

She was in the game files for a while, and it was possible to look over Tone and her stats in port with mods. It's been taken out for a while now though.