Sign in to follow this  
Pigus_Drunkus_Maximus

Team killer bot?

7 comments in this topic

Members
72 posts
6,267 battles

I was at at 36,800 XP for the day and I was tired and decided to wrap up with a quick co-op game to get to 37,000 and open the third container.  During the game (tier 5) I suddenly get a torpedo warning and see torpedoes that were clearly fired by a teammate (Karlsruhe).  The Karlsruhe was between me and the enemy, meaning he fired the torpedoes in the direction of his team, not towards the enemy.  The torpedoes hit another friendly, and I guess killed him, because when I looked at the offending Karlsruhe his name was now pink.  Here's the really weird thing.  The teammate was a bot.  In the chat box a message flashed that Goltz was being penalized for damaging a teammate.  I'll have to look at the replay to see if there might be a logical reason for what occured.  I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a bot do something like this before?  Is it a Westworld effect and the bots are rebelling?

I just watched the replay.  No reason I can see.  The teammate wasn't killed, a friendly New York (human player) took 2 torpedoes and had his engine knocked out, but he didn't sink and Goltz's name was now in pink.       

Edited by Pigus_Drunkus_Maximus

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles

Isn't there a bug where AI sometimes fire the wrong tubes? I know they fixed the one where players were doing it, but not sure about the AI one.

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles
2 hours ago, Pigus_Drunkus_Maximus said:

I was at at 36,800 XP for the day and I was tired and decided to wrap up with a quick co-op game to get to 37,000 and open the third container.  During the game (tier 5) I suddenly get a torpedo warning and see torpedoes that were clearly fired by a teammate (Karlsruhe).  The Karlsruhe was between me and the enemy, meaning he fired the torpedoes in the direction of his team, not towards the enemy.  The torpedoes hit another friendly, and I guess killed him, because when I looked at the offending Karlsruhe his name was now pink.  Here's the really weird thing.  The teammate was a bot.  In the chat box a message flashed that Goltz was being penalized for damaging a teammate.  I'll have to look at the replay to see if there might be a logical reason for what occured.  I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a bot do something like this before?  Is it a Westworld effect and the bots are rebelling?

I just watched the replay.  No reason I can see.  The teammate wasn't killed, a friendly New York (human player) took 2 torpedoes and had his engine knocked out, but he didn't sink and Goltz's name was now in pink.       

It's a known bug. We have enough info about it. 
Nonetheless bots fire torpedoes in enemies. Sometimes rare issue appears in calculations of the their future path.
We'll fix it in the next updates. 

[HINON]
Members
9,354 posts

I for one welcome our new bot overlords and would like to remind them that I can be useful in rounding up other humans to work on their server farms.

• Funny 1

Members
4,680 posts
6,861 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

:Smile_ohmy:

Naming and shaming bots! The bots shall not tolerate this injustice!

:Smile_izmena:

You make a very good point.  Bots have feelings! :Smile_izmena:

Sign in to follow this