You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheBlackWind

Containers for coal!

15 comments in this topic

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
7,167 battles

Anyone know why Dunkirk and Bismarck containers cost less than half of the France containers? I have two theories. First, it was a mistake. I consider that not very likely. Secondly, perhaps the French containers are "premium" containers and the others are not. I think that more likely.

Anyone know for sure? It's mostly a curiosity thing. I doubt I'll be buying any until I have enough coal stashed away to throw down for any ship that might roll out that I might want. I'm undecided about Salem... But that's another topic! 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,051 posts

Something just occurred to me. I've completed both the collections so there is a chance that any duplicates I get will be converted directly to credits. I can't recall what else is in those crates that might make them worthwhile but perhaps, using a coupon, it would be worth an experiment.

OK.

Well, I couldn't use a coupon but I did exchange 5,000 coal for 150,000 credits plus 5 special flags. Was this a good deal?

Edited by Snargfargle

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
7,167 battles

Credit's aren't very much though. Like 15,000? Hmm... I may have to experiment if no one knows for sure. I was just hoping someone had done it before me haha

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,051 posts
1 minute ago, TheBlackWind said:

Credit's aren't very much though. Like 15,000? Hmm... I may have to experiment if no one knows for sure. I was just hoping someone had done it before me haha

You get 5 crates with two collection items in each so you get 150,000 credits for the 5000 coal (plus 5 special flags) if you have completed the collection.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Something just occurred to me. I've completed both the collections so there is a chance that any duplicates I get will be converted directly to credits. I can't recall what else is in those crates that might make them worthwhile but perhaps, using a coupon, it would be worth an experiment.

OK.

Well, I couldn't use a coupon but I did exchange 5,000 coal for 150,000 credits plus 5 special flags. Was this a good deal?

If I want 150K credits I'll take my Atago out and drive it into an island....bad deal

EDIT: and FWIW I am desperately need of credits. Got two cruiser lines about to hit T10 and I am sitting on 7 million now...going to be playing a LOT of Atago the next few weeks

Edited by LubzinNJ
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,051 posts
2 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

If I want 150K credits I'll take my Atago out and drive it into an island....bad deal

My Des Moines, with its new permaflage from the Go Navy event, is the same way. I couldn't make it lose credits if I tried. I just suffered a defeat and gleaned 220k from it.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
7,167 battles
13 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My Des Moines, with its new permaflage from the Go Navy event, is the same way. I couldn't make it lose credits if I tried. I just suffered a defeat and gleaned 220k from it.

Yea, unless you just totally despise T10 gameplay, I feel the permacamos are one of the best purchases you can make. All my 10's have them, and they all perform sorta/kinda like T8 premiums as far as credits is concerned. That way I play with them more, I become better with practice and I can now adequately help my clan in CB or help myself in Ranked ;) 

Members
5,580 posts
6,329 battles

It's likely because the French collection was/is the most recent with containers in the arsenal. I suspect that once we get another limited time campaign like Hunt for Bismarck, Dunkirk, and Viva la France the France containers will drop in price and the new containers will be priced the same as the France containers currently are.

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
7,167 battles

Well, guess I won't worry about it. I have all the collections anyway. Was mostly wondering if it was a good way to get flags, but seems not if they're just reg containers and not the "premium" ones. 

[PVE]
Members
15,345 posts
10,157 battles
2 hours ago, TheBlackWind said:

Anyone know why Dunkirk and Bismarck containers cost less than half of the France containers? I have two theories. First, it was a mistake. I consider that not very likely. Secondly, perhaps the French containers are "premium" containers and the others are not. I think that more likely.

Anyone know for sure? It's mostly a curiosity thing. I doubt I'll be buying any until I have enough coal stashed away to throw down for any ship that might roll out that I might want. I'm undecided about Salem... But that's another topic! 

I wonder if it is because the French containers still have the T5 to T8 French BB missions?

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
754 posts
1,647 battles

You're paying more because the French containers contain more goodies alongside the collection items: three Revolutionary camos and five special signals.

Each Dunkirk container only contains 1 special signal (plus the collection items).

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
9 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I wonder if it is because the French containers still have the T5 to T8 French BB missions?

LOL, I think those expired long ago. Be funny if one did and I suddenly got the right to shorten the grind to the Richelieu!

French containers are probably the next thing on my "to buy with coal" list (I already have Aigle, Campbeltown, and the Dunkirk and Bismarck collections done). I don't have Duke of York, so completing North Cape when they bring the crates in doesn't seem to have much point to it. At least if I finish the French thing I get a 10 point special captain.

[PVE]
Members
15,345 posts
10,157 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

LOL, I think those expired long ago. Be funny if one did and I suddenly got the right to shorten the grind to the Richelieu!

French containers are probably the next thing on my "to buy with coal" list (I already have Aigle, Campbeltown, and the Dunkirk and Bismarck collections done). I don't have Duke of York, so completing North Cape when they bring the crates in doesn't seem to have much point to it. At least if I finish the French thing I get a 10 point special captain.

North Cape gets you Artic perma-camo for Scharnhorst and Duke of York. Since they are premium ships with regular premium camo, it is for looks.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,478 posts
7,908 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

North Cape gets you Artic perma-camo for Scharnhorst and Duke of York. Since they are premium ships with regular premium camo, it is for looks.

For Scharnhorst as well? Okay, that changes things; I've got Scharnhorst. I'm down with that. It'll stop me from spending the coal on high-tier battleships and heavy cruisers I don't want and am not ready for. :Smile_great:

Members
3,042 posts
1,921 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For Scharnhorst as well? Okay, that changes things; I've got Scharnhorst. I'm down with that. It'll stop me from spending the coal on high-tier battleships and heavy cruisers I don't want and am not ready for. :Smile_great:

Nope, only the (no longer available) "Battle Of North Cape" Campaign gives you Scharnhorst(Arctic). Completing all of the "Battle Of North Cape" Collection's Sub-Collections will only get you Duke Of York(Arctic).

:Smile_sceptic: