You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awildseaking

Go Navy Was a Mistake

46 comments in this topic

[DUCC]
Members
2,018 posts
7,110 battles

Rewards should not scale with tier. All WG did was tempt [edited] and bots to play high tiers and quality of play is suffering as a result. The combination of encouraging high tier gameplay with tons of unqualified players receiving free high tier USN CL (tons of brand new players with Cleveland, Buffalo and Seattle now) has turned prime time into the quality of play you would expect at 4am on a weekday.

These types of players are basically griefers. I've seen tons of unsportsmanlike play that I never saw prior to this event starting. For instance, I've been rammed out of smoke multiple times by teammates. On one occasion, this resulted in me getting jackknifed with a Cleveland and unable to escape until he turned out. In exchange, I ended up taking several hits for him. Of course I would have to be obsessively recording every game for there to be repercussions and I think something is terribly wrong with this game if it ever develops that kind of culture like WoT has. If you do something the griefers don't like or call them out, they abuse the report system and try to get you chat banned by bombing you. Lots of people have started complaining about kill stealing (lol) and they sperg at you all game long. The quality of person has suffered the most because tons of people are in a mad craze to get event points. Unfortunately, as the quality of person decreases, this game becomes a lot less fun to play.

Bad incentivization plans can encourage immoral behavior in business and corporate culture; game communities are no different. WG, in the future, please consider a different reward structure that doesn't encourage selfish play, blatant disregard for others, and generally makes the game more toxic to play.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Members
653 posts
2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Sooooo... You're just going to rant without suggesting a legitimate fix?

If you read the last sentence your post would not be needed

• Cool 2

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
1 minute ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

That is what I was thinking. 

[CAG-1]
Members
1,264 posts
2 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I read it just fine. Would you like to point out where the plan to fix the ops concerns is?

• Boring 1

[EQRN]
Members
1,134 posts
11,700 battles

The real rewards are the things that can be bought with tokens, which is earned via loyalty, which matters not one iota what tier you play, nor what game mode you play. 

• Cool 2

Members
653 posts
20 minutes ago, awildseaking said:
4 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I read it just fine. Would you like to point out where the plan to fix the ops concerns is?

WG, in the future, please consider a different reward structure that doesn't encourage selfish play, blatant disregard for others, and generally makes the game more toxic to play.

[LUCK]
Members
1,696 posts
23,715 battles
17 minutes ago, awildseaking said:

Rewards should not scale with tier. All WG did was tempt [edited] and bots to play high tiers and quality of play is suffering as a result. The combination of encouraging high tier gameplay with tons of unqualified players receiving free high tier USN CL (tons of brand new players with Cleveland, Buffalo and Seattle now) has turned prime time into the quality of play you would expect at 4am on a weekday.

These types of players are basically griefers. I've seen tons of unsportsmanlike play that I never saw prior to this event starting. For instance, I've been rammed out of smoke multiple times by teammates. On one occasion, this resulted in me getting jackknifed with a Cleveland and unable to escape until he turned out. In exchange, I ended up taking several hits for him. Of course I would have to be obsessively recording every game for there to be repercussions and I think something is terribly wrong with this game if it ever develops that kind of culture like WoT has. If you do something the griefers don't like or call them out, they abuse the report system and try to get you chat banned by bombing you. Lots of people have started complaining about kill stealing (lol) and they sperg at you all game long. The quality of person has suffered the most because tons of people are in a mad craze to get event points. Unfortunately, as the quality of person decreases, this game becomes a lot less fun to play.

Bad incentivization plans can encourage immoral behavior in business and corporate culture; game communities are no different. WG, in the future, please consider a different reward structure that doesn't encourage selfish play, blatant disregard for others, and generally makes the game more toxic to play.

I agree it was a mistake but for none of the reasons you state. In my opinion it's a non-event, essentially meaningless. Choose a side- that takes a lot of skill and inventiveness; then wait for results. Oh the suspense! Big dud in my book. Coupled with the atrocious looking camos and you got yourself a real "winner" here. I thought fire and water was bad but his one....ugh.

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
2,249 posts
10,254 battles

I must have been playing a different event, as I didn't notice those things at all really, perhaps that only happens in random play.

I started a shark, I'll finish a shark, I think some people take this game far to seriously. lol

• Cool 3

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,894 battles

So giving everyone a reward for simply playing with easy missions was a mistake? Do you realize how much coal and special flags players have been getting, stuff that normally costs real money, as well as the ability to get 2 $25 permanent camos for free? I think this event is fantastic and hope WG runs similar contests sooner.

• Cool 11

[NDA]
Supertester
5,210 posts
15,582 battles

And here I thought this rant was going to be about how badly the Eagles have been getting spanked for the enter length of this event. Or how being loyal to a losing team doesn't have any rewards. Or how Even the Dasha bonus didn't tempt any players to switch teams. 

I mean I find it surprising that more players didn't switch sides last weekend to maximize the number of tokens they can farm. I myself reached max loyalty with the Eagles than moved to Sharks so I can have enough tokens for two Tier 10 premium camos. 

At least with the Clash of the Elements event players were locked into one team and we had a real nail bitter of a compition. The GoNavy event is just looking like a middle school team getting schooled by professional athletes. 

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I'm confused, don't you just pick a team every day and get crates and points to spend? What is the bonus to playing high tiers?

Members
2,111 posts
509 battles
37 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

that does NOT give anything CLOSE to a fix, just blabbing lie the entire OP ab out something without giving an IDEA for a fix, just suggesting something different is NOT SUGGESTING A FIX.....

• Boring 1

Members
2,111 posts
509 battles
48 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

we a;ll read it, and not ONCE was a FIX mentioned, just more blabbing about fixing rewards but not hinting about HOW....
SO if YOU read the entire rant and the last sentence, you would have not had to waste OUR time with your nonsense post either...

carry on...

• Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,738 posts

If WG's plan was to get more people playing at any given time with this event by enhancing competition then they succeeded. While "Sharks vs Eagles was sort of a failure, within these groups there was some stiff competition for a spot on the leaderboards. I stayed up late and ground up into to the top 100 a couple of times myself.

The best thing from the event for me was the permacamo for the Des Moines. The second best thing was the fact that I got dozens of containers, which allowed me to finish all my clan's buildings and give myself a hefty oil wallet too.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,738 posts
12 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I'm confused, don't you just pick a team every day and get crates and points to spend? What is the bonus to playing high tiers?

You get a few more points for wins, kills, etc. at higher tiers. This allows you to get crates a bit more quickly. This is reasonable since the event seemed to be geared to higher tiers anyway. All the permanent camo given out was for high-tier ships.

Edited by Snargfargle

[-BRS-]
Members
2,867 posts
16,445 battles

It's because a lot of the population at moved to the lower tiers because it's funner down there but the seals hate it

And trying to get us to move back up to t10 where its not as fun to play 

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,786 battles
  • Get away from this game and go get a beer, ice cream, cigarette or whatever. 
  •  
  • th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pid

[N-W-T]
Members
1,541 posts
6,384 battles
49 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

the ability to get 2 $25 permanent camos for free? 

Can't get two free. Can get one free and the other for $15 if you buy 3 crates from the premium shop.  Still a good deal and agree with the rest of your sentiment. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,999 posts
13 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Can't get two free. Can get one free and the other for $15 if you buy 3 crates from the premium shop.  Still a good deal and agree with the rest of your sentiment. 

Yea I sorta realized that as a shark... so I went back to my original eagle... thought "the tide was turning". Nope. It's the closest I've seen it tonight... but I missed getting those victory crates every day for two days... so i went back to Sharks. Tomorrow when asked I'll probably chose Eagles as the overnight win crate will already be there. After a few battles I'll go back to Sharks... as the same amount of effort  on either team will net you one less crate with the Eagles..

Kind of silly. 

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

Well I started Eagles and stayed Eagles got 20 containers for just playing the game. "farming coal" I am happy. If I want permanent camo I will buy it and it will not look like a 3 year old made it.

• Cool 1