Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
How_could_she_do_that

How did i fail this mission? Am i missing something

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
591 posts
16,691 battles

I have had a number of times where the mission updates take 20-30 seconds.  So, if you had the last citadel within that time it might not have registered.  In any case submit a ticket.

Edit:  Ninja'd by 1SneakyDevil (appropriately)

Edited by HamptonRoads

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

cant see the details of the screen... were you playing the appropriate tier?

I'm pretty sure you don't get these missions if you aren't playing a qualifying ship/game mode.  Regardless, based upon the amount of damage done & the fact that Okinawa is not in the rotation for T4 & below ships, I think it's safe to assume the OP was.

14 minutes ago, How_could_she_do_that said:

I got the hit three citadel mission and i got three citadel, but i still failed the mission.

Programmed by WarGaming? :Smile_teethhappy:

Dunno.  I've had it hang on 8/9 at least once with the torpedo spotting mission, I'd guess it's some kind of glitch involving the timing on the criteria or strength of connection or what have you.  Given that the event is almost over I think it's safe to assume this won't be corrected.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,044 posts
2 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

I think it's safe to assume the OP was.

Well as they say, I try not to assume anything cause you know the saying right... nor do i have the map rotations noted either. I just play whatever map is up at the time. :cap_haloween:

It could be timing... that 2am thing maybe... 

[SSBN]
Members
331 posts
6,476 battles
55 minutes ago, How_could_she_do_that said:

I got the hit three citadel mission and i got three citadel, but i still failed the mission.

1PlM124.png

Do you know if you got credit in the postgame results with the points for completing the mission? The “live” stats in game could have been buggy, I’ve had that happen before where it didn’t update right away.

Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,387 battles

There is a 30 second delay before it gets rewarded because it's bugged. You can also insta-fail a Detect 9 torpedoes things if all DDs are destroyed even if there are torpedoes still in the water for you to detect.

[LOU1]
Members
3,678 posts
10,000 battles

there is a definite delay that can cause you to fail if the game ends before it registers.  I thought it was around 10-15 seconds, though.  I have missed a couple due to that delay.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
274 posts
11,748 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

There is a 30 second delay before it gets rewarded because it's bugged. You can also insta-fail a Detect 9 torpedoes things if all DDs are destroyed even if there are torpedoes still in the water for you to detect.

Interesting.  I got a 'Detect 9 Torpedoes' in a game with no DDs and no CV.  I was begging red CLs to shoot torps at me.  LOL

Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,387 battles
55 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Interesting.  I got a 'Detect 9 Torpedoes' in a game with no DDs and no CV.  I was begging red CLs to shoot torps at me.  LOL

Actually, all "torp-loaded ships" would probably be more accurate, you are right.

[INTEL]
Members
1,900 posts
11,410 battles

I had a 3X Cit today and the banner showed 2/3 its against the mission and I thought that's not right.  Next volley I got another Cit and accomplished the mission.  Don't know if it's the same thing but I remember seeing the discrepancy immediately.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,861 posts
21,064 battles
11 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I had a 3X Cit today and the banner showed 2/3 its against the mission and I thought that's not right.  Next volley I got another Cit and accomplished the mission.  Don't know if it's the same thing but I remember seeing the discrepancy immediately.

Similar thing happened to me. Got two citadels first salvo, saw the message "2/3" then fired second salvo got one more citadel and got the message "2/3" again. Fired third salvo with HE at different target with no citadels and got "mission completed" message. It was weird. 

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,166 posts
4,672 battles
4 hours ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I see 3 cits on your ribbon display my guess is the last Cit didn't register because of end game. Send this to support to get comp.

i noticed you automatically fail the mission once theres no citadels left in play. so i imagine he killed someone and it didnt update before it said fail.

[AK-47]
Members
242 posts
5,253 battles

This is because you are not playing a Russian ship:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Tom_Lin

[5D]
Members
2,782 posts
17,139 battles

I had a battle last night where I had to spot 9 torpedoes. The screen flashed that 8/9 were achieved when I had just driven through a full load of Shima torps. Then with no torps near me suddenly I completed the mission...lol. The delay is real.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,440 posts
15,073 battles
22 hours ago, How_could_she_do_that said:

I've noticed that mission failure can come pretty early

Did you die before the citadel landed? When you die it's definitely OVER lol

Maybe they should change description to "really GOOD citadel" :)

Edited by Commander_367

Sign in to follow this