Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CASCA2463

Update clan battles from WW1 battles to WW2 battles

12 comments in this topic

[CSWLN]
Members
22 posts
7,414 battles

Using Battleships in Clan battles reminds me of the battles of WW1. If the game managers could add a tier of an 8 or 9 aircraft carrier to the list of ships available for the clan members to use,

the battles would more closely resemble those fought in WWII.  This addition would allow players who prefer carriers to participate more readily and, maybe, increase participation. 

• Bad 3

[OGU]
Members
20 posts
4,246 battles

I keep thinking it would be so much fun to go in with a carrier since I play them.  Hell, it would be interesting for a clan to have an option to go in with a CV or a BB.  Then I realize it's a 7v7 match, with a change on a good chunk of Cruisers... and how much of a difference there is between a bad CV, a good CV and a great CV.  That could be frustrating.

Edited by Kryptronic

[NGA]
Members
1,385 posts
8,248 battles

Vision control is decisive in Clan Battles and even a tier VIII CV would give far too much potential to a single ship. Believe me, I love CVs, I have all three premium CVs and plan to get the GZ, but they would be far too unbalancing in Clan Battles. Particularly since the small size of the fleets and spread out objectives preclude massed AA.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,206 posts
7,197 battles
35 minutes ago, CASCA2463 said:

Using Battleships in Clan battles reminds me of the battles of WW1. If the game managers could add a tier of an 8 or 9 aircraft carrier to the list of ships available for the clan members to use,

the battles would more closely resemble those fought in WWII.  This addition would allow players who prefer carriers to participate more readily and, maybe, increase participation. 

you do realize the reason CVs arent in Clan Battles is because a good CV player could just make a battle a complete ROFL stomp in which the other team had no chance from the start?

if CVs were allowed in CB, it would be a matter of "who has the better CV player" not "who has the better strategy, positioning,etc."

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
1,598 posts
8,541 battles

I dont see a problem w/ CVs in CB.....no dont check who is on our roster, I assure you this opinion is objective, no bias at all...:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,022 posts
10,699 battles

The day they allow carriers in clan battles is the day I never play them ever again.*

* Pending a successful 'rework' and 6 months for people who've not played them to grind to Midway/Hakuryu 2.0.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
574 posts
5,231 battles
1 hour ago, CASCA2463 said:

The reason why they didn't involve CVs in clan battles is because they are planning on rebalancing them, and the fact that if you get a very experienced cv against a novice cv in clan battles it is going to ensure the team with the novice a loss.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

With CB limiting BB presence, the preferred target type of Carriers, and the more common use of Cruisers, which tend to have very good to insanely broken AA at Tier X, people are still whiny little b**ches about airplanes?

• Boring 1

Members
19,026 posts
5,344 battles
19 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

you do realize the reason CVs arent in Clan Battles is because a good CV player could just make a battle a complete ROFL stomp in which the other team had no chance from the start?

I'm not thinking that so much.

I assume every major top flight clan has at least one good CV player.

Start getting into the mid-level clans, especially ones that aren't full, and you could run into situations where one side has even just a mediocre CV, where the other side has none, because nobody in that clan likes to play CVs.

Sign in to follow this